We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
By using nonfat sour cream and yogurt, this recipe greatly reduces the amount of fat in the dish.
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded into bite-sized pieces
4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 8 oz. carton of nonfat sour cream
1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons whole grain flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (I added a little bit more....no extra calories)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup 1% milk
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
6 whole wheat tortillas, 6-8 inces in diameter
1/2 low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a medium sized saucepan, cook fresh spinach with a small amount of water, covered, for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. (I lighly salted the spinach)
2. In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, spinach and green onions. Mix well and set aside. (when I cook the chicken I diced it and sauteed it in just a small amount of oil and mixed it with garlic and lightly salted....flavor is important)
3. Make the sauce: In a medium sized bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin and salt. Add milk and jalapeño pepper and mix well.
4. Pour half the sauce into the chicken and spinach mixture and mix well. Divide the filling among the tortillas. Fold opposite ends of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping.
5. Place filled tortillas, seam sides down on an ungreased rectangular baking dish.
6. Spoon remaining sauce over the tortillas and bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
7. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and let stand for 5 minutes. (I put cheese on top and then broiled to melt)
8. Top with salsa and chopped green onions as desired and serve.
Fat: 9.8 g