Love it/ Leave it

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2014, 07:11 AM
brightmommy's Avatar Veteran
Just for fun.......

What foods are you loving right now? What are you not liking (or running from gagging!)?

My love its- BLT's (had 3 in the past 4 days), Icee's (frozen drinks/slushes), and tomatoes

Leave its - Feta (it was pasteurized )I had some on a salad the other night and it tasted like vomit but hubby said it tasted fine to him, ham, orange juice

March 17th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it- Cheeseburgers, water and chocolate peanut butter gelato

Leave it-Peanut butter makes me gag unless it is in ice cream. I don't eat fish but my DH made some a couple nights ago...torture! The smell was so gross.
MadMay likes this.

March 17th, 2014, 07:20 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it- sauerkraut, pickles, cheese, HOT SAUCE. My parents make their own hot sauce and I asked for a jar ironically a week before I found out I was pregnant b/c I was craving it..... I have less than half a jar left. It is the size of a large jelly jar!!! Leave it- tomato soup is the only thing thats tasted weird to me so far. DH made me some for lunch the other day and I normally love it.......couldn't even get two spoonfuls in. Tasted very metallic to me!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
March 17th, 2014, 07:23 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
No food cravings or aversions as of yet. I'm nauseous in the morning because I can't eat for an hour after taking my meds, but once I get some food in me I'm fine. Why can't you have feta??
March 17th, 2014, 07:32 AM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
I seem to love everything. Makes no sense. Lol from fruit to fast food to candy to veggies. Not any food ad versions, but some smells bother me. The smell of beer makes me wanna puke and I'm a bartender lol

March 17th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Its considered a soft cheese and suppose to be a no-no because it can have bad bacteria.

March 17th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightmommy View Post
Its considered a soft cheese and suppose to be a no-no because it can have bad bacteria.
Ah, well, I'm a raw milk drinker, so I'm planning to ignore the cheese rules too.
March 17th, 2014, 08:12 AM
ladytack's Avatar Veteran
Love: fruit, salads, juice, smoothies, Captain Crunch!

Leave it: heavy meals of any kind
Angel Babies
*Oct 2013*
*April 2014*
March 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mbwebb11212's Avatar Veteran
Love it: Cheese and lots of it, salty stuffLeave it: Yesterday the thought of eggs made me wanna puke but today I ate them no problem. So far, there isn't a lot I turn away lol.

March 17th, 2014, 08:52 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it: lemonade everything else makes me nauseous.Leave it: red meat. DH made it for dinner last night and I thought i was going to puke everywhere. It tasted like blood

March 17th, 2014, 09:46 AM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
Love it- Oranges and Orange JuiceLeave it- BBQ Sauce...this is tough because I am a Food Safety Tech for a BBQ Sauce company and I am responsible for taste testing

March 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
JuneBugsMom's Avatar Super Mommy
Love it: Italian food. Pasta pasta pasta, which is not good for my butt haha

Leave it: avocado, watermelon, lettuce, the smell of seafood does me in, yuck!

It's a Girl!!!

March 17th, 2014, 11:01 AM
And... I tried to eat my wonderful, homemade, roasted tomato garlic soup for lunch and almost vomited on my desk. Thinking about it in the fridge is making me queasy. I was fine with the grilled cheese and ham sandwich, but that soup is sitting behind me saying nasty gross things.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
March 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM
EvaJane67's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleH View Post
Ah, well, I'm a raw milk drinker, so I'm planning to ignore the cheese rules too.
We are a raw milk family too! Though I've been cautious about it in the first trimester. I miss it a lot. I switched to grass-fed milk for right now.

Love it: milkshakes, fruit smoothies, bread and butter, buttered vegetables, chicken. Did I mention BUTTER! Irish Butter is my favorite.

Leave it: Tomatoes, cheese, sausage, some beef. It changes from day to day, but consistently no tomatoes and sausage tastes weird. I do find it really uncomfortable to eat too much, or too little. That's when the nausea kicks in, but not too bad.

March 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaJane67 View Post
We are a raw milk family too! Though I've been cautious about it in the first trimester. I miss it a lot. I switched to grass-fed milk for right now.
I've been heating up my goat milk, since I drink it in hot chocolate anyway. I've been a raw milk drinker for over ten years. At this point, if I was going to get listeria I've got it, and I figure if you can be immune to tetanus, then why can't you be immune to listeria?

One angel baby - 1/22/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
March 17th, 2014, 03:12 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My loves and leaves change EVERY DAY...seriously, it's less that I "crave" things and more that I can only ever think of a few things that DON'T sound pukey. For the most part I've only been able to stomach carby stuff: brown rice bread toast, brown rice pasta, oatmeal (this one is pretty reliable!), chips. Oh, and GRAPEFRUITS have been my morning sickness salvation! I just bought 5 more of them! Still doing okay with nuts, nut butters and seeds.No way evers have been greens (especially raw), hummus (sad!), curries...I don't want to keep thinking about what else, LOL...

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
March 17th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it: oatmeal, burgers, fries, bananas, homemade nachosLeave it: guacamole (cry!! I normally love it), Yogurt, pasta
March 17th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I think just reading the word hummus just made me queasy!

March 17th, 2014, 04:13 PM
My husband made corned beef and cabbage for dinner. This should be interesting....

One angel baby - 1/22/14

March 18th, 2014, 02:20 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
Loves:
Salad, pepper jack cheese, salad, pepper jack cheese, salad, pepper jack cheese...oh and a little pita with pepper jack cheese.
And salad. Lol.

And basically I'm a water-holic so besides the occasional lovely tea, I'm mostly just drinking water. Pregnant or not.

Leave its':
Basically EVERYTHING I own/make/and normally love to pieces. (besides salads and my pepper jack cheese ). Which makes making meals for the kids and DH just, oh, so much fun!
Can you feel my sarcasm?

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search