Any WAHM?

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By EvaJane67

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 04:55 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do we have any work at home moms here?

I'm really considering taking some online courses for medical coding in hopes that I could work from home!

Daycare is so expensive and I would love the extra time home with my baby.

If any of you ladies are work from home moms or know someone who is I'd love to hear your input!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
March 26th, 2014, 05:19 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Work at home has it's benefits and downfalls. I work from home one day a week, and work in the office for the other four. I can tell you on snow days when my daughter has been home with me, it's nearly impossible to work.I also have a friend who used to work from home pretty much full-time. For childcare purposes her and her husband had alternate schedules. It saved money, but she often felt she missed out on family time.Don't get me wrong, work from home is a great option, but I think it works best when your child is also in childcare, that way you and your hubs aren't passing ships.I personally like the idea of alternate work from home and in the office. You get both the social interaction and the convenience. Courses in medical bill coding are a great idea. I work in insurance, and there are always jobs out there for coders.If you qualify for any sort of assistance, daycare will not be as expensive....unfortunately, DH and I do not, and this is still something we need to figure out with our second on the way. I'm rambling now. Goodluck!
March 26th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the input! I agree I don't want it to turn into shift work for us and me pulling my hair out. I think I could probably still work part time at my Current job just to get out of the house a bit and get baby into Childcare a few days a week.

Lots of decisions to make
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

March 26th, 2014, 08:45 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think working at home is a great option just not one that would work with my kids. If I am home they want my undivided attention 24/7. To get any work done id have to put them in daycare. Daycare however is absurdly expensive so we pull shifts dh goes to school mon-fri and I work fri-sun

March 27th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I am blessed to be a WAHM. We need both incomes here in the bay area to survive but I home school my kids. I also have a rewarding job helping developmentally disabled adults AND get to be with my kids. It is hard but the older they get the easier it gets. A schedule is a good thing! I also have a very supportive DH who helps me get my things done.

Meetings are the only time I have to be away (only a couple times a month) and BFing should be interesting as DH will have to go and wait near me with the baby (I can't seem to pump so we only BF). Good luck!
nursingmama likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 27th, 2014, 05:01 AM
EvaJane67's Avatar Super Mommy
I am considering taking a job where I would work from home, and be out in the community on an as needed basis. We'll have to arrange for some help for some of the hectic times, but it will allow for more flexibility. Luckily, my husband will be a WAHM too.

Whoops, WAHD. I'm going to have to start calling him that.
KellJoO likes this.

March 27th, 2014, 05:49 AM
We need both incomes as well, so its not an option for me to just quit and stay home with baby- as lovely as that would be sometimes.

I'm going to do some more research.... and see what I can come up with. It wouldn't necessarily have to be medical coding, but something I could do from home with a computer. There are certain parts of my current job I could do from home but not all of it.

The other BIG thing I need to work on is getting DH to quit smoking! It costs us $215 a month (which doesn't sound like much really) but that is a utility payment or most of our truck payment. Plus his doctor has been on him to quit..........and I would really love for our child to have their dad around and not be another statistic lost to cancer!

But, I've got time to figure this out so we'll see what we can come up with.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search