Best cream to avoid stretch marks?

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Motherhen101

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2014, 06:35 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
Any thoughts or experience? I think my boobs have doubled in size, and considering what they were to start with, it's getting rather frightening. I already have some, but I'd like to avoid more if possible!

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
March 31st, 2014, 07:20 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure nothing is going to stop them. They start internally and then move to the surface of your skin. Creams will make your skin itch less and probably prevent them from getting too bad, but nothing will stop them. Big bummer

March 31st, 2014, 07:37 PM
bluegrassbride's Avatar Member
Stretch marks are also partly genetically linked. I learned red that in my maternal & newborn class. Did your mom/sister/aunt get them--- you are more likely. Like she said above me... From what I've read there are creams that can make you more comfortable, and maybe lessen the color, but they can't stop them all together. I've read a lot about palmers on blogs that I follow-- and it's reasonably priced compared to others. **I stress, this is what I've read--- not experienced.
April 1st, 2014, 02:58 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Nothing as far as I am aware of. Anything that says it prevents them is junk science. It's genetic more than anything.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 1st, 2014, 05:07 AM
Regular
I used Palmer's cocoa butter lotion with my first. It's great...doesn't smell lovely, but it has all sorts of good stuff for your skin to help it stretch. The only place I got stretch marks was my boobs when I had to stop breastfeeding. I already bought some for this pregnancy. lol
April 1st, 2014, 07:03 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks!!! My mom doesn't have many, but my older sister does.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 1st, 2014, 07:12 AM
Kengskow's Avatar Veteran
I don't think anything really helps to prevent them however I use coconut oil at night to help with the itching. I have stretch marks on my bb's and hips from when I developed as a teen but I never got them on my tummy when pg. So you never know what will happen.
April 1st, 2014, 07:58 AM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
Honestly, I think genetics has a lot to do with it. I never used anything for stretch marks with my previous 2 pregnancies, and I never got any. I think I got those good genes from my paternal grandmother. That woman had 7 kids and had skin like a baby. Not that mine is like a baby. I do scar very easily so I have scratches and dark pock marks all over from bug bites, but I just don't get stretch marks.

DD1 - Jada (10)
DD2 - Maya (7)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 1st, 2014, 08:31 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking here but DW uses Burts Bees Belly Butter. It's not going to stop or even prevent the strech marcks, but it can't hurt either!

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
April 1st, 2014, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is mostly genetics, so if you are going to get them, there isn't much you can do to prevent it.

That being said, coconut oil! I swear by it for lotion. It's natural and it smells delicious.

Mommy to an
{(Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks)}
April 1st, 2014, 10:27 AM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
Nothing in the world can prevent stretch marks. It's hereditary and how elastic your skin is. I swore by cocoa butter with my first but I was 18 (naive)!!! I got so much stretch marks. Finally researched it after that pregnancy LOL.

April 1st, 2014, 02:27 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
sounds like vitamin E supplements might be better bet than slathering any concoction on your skin. These start from the inside, so treat the inside.

DD1 - Jada (10)
DD2 - Maya (7)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 1st, 2014, 07:57 PM
Stretch marks are very common in about 95% of pregnant woman. A number of factors play a role in who will have visible stretch marks. These factors include current health, genetics, nutrient and hydration levels, and also the physical distance the skin will need to stretch as the baby grows inside you. Stretch marks happen when the body grows faster then the skin can keep up with. There is no known way to prevent stretch marks, but with some pampering during and after your pregnancy you can lesson the effects. A skin nourishing diet with foods containing vitamin A & E along with foods that are rich in antioxidants and Omega 3's are essential for keeping skin healthy. There are many web site that sell different stretch mark creams and oils.
Lilylove likes this.
April 9th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Im using palmers tummy butter at night on my chest and belly. During the day I use burts bees. I will probably try some bio-oil after I run out of these. I am also thinking that a belly band should help support your belly and keep the weight of the baby from making the stretch marks worse during the later trimesters. I only had a few very light stretch marks on the sides of my belly with my first child but I am growing quick with this pregnancy. So I dont know if anything will help. Its all worth it in the end.
April 10th, 2014, 07:30 AM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
My doc told me it's all about genetics. I used cocoa butter with my first. I didn't use anything with my 2nd. I don't have any stretch marks on my belly but I did get some on my bOObs with #1! They went from an A to a DD! Nothing could save those puppies.

it's a BOY!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search