Getting sick of waking up in the middle of the night...

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By suzieqz
  • 1 Post By mommesara
  • 1 Post By Poly124
  • 1 Post By ~*Kixs*~
  • 1 Post By WaitinginNJ
  • 1 Post By Poly124

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2014, 07:59 AM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
feeling so sick. Ughh, it seems like no matter what I eat for dinner, or how long before bedtime I eat it, I wake up in the middle of the night sick to my stomach. I haven't thrown up yet (thank goodness) but I have to sit there feeling dizzy, nauseous, like my stomach is about to burst. Oh and add heartburn to the mix. Seriously, we had a bbq at my mom and dad's house yesterday afternoon. We ate around 3:30 or so and went to bed around 9:30. Seems like plenty of time to digest my lunch/dinner. Nope, woke up feeling so sick around 2am. This has happened the last 3 nights, and I am so sick of it. Anyone else waking up feeling sick in the middle of the night?

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 6th, 2014, 01:27 PM
suzieqz's Avatar Veteran
I feel sick all day long only getting relief at night. This part of pregnancy is not fun to say the least but we'll be into the second trimester soon. It should start getting better by then. Try to hold on.
~*Kixs*~ and jellis82 like this.

April 6th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Veteran
When I get this way, I need to eat something small. It seems to help but I feel for you because its a yucky feeling.
jellis82 likes this.
Madi (09.02.05) & Kyler (10.11.07)
&
April 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sorry you don't feel well. As crazy as it sound you might be waking up hungry. When my tummy is empty and I am lying down I feel REALLY bad. Maybe (if you can get it down) try a little bedside snack. Hope you feel better soon.

April 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
Try eating some peanut butter crackers. Like the other ladies said, if I get too hungry I get really nauseous.

Sara

April 6th, 2014, 05:25 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
Try eating some full fat yogurt before bed, it digests slower and doesn't spike blood sugar as much.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 6th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I don't think its hunger. It feels exactly like I had eaten a huge meal and went to bed shortly after. I feel full and bloated/gassy, with heartburn and nausea. It's horrible. It definitely doesn't feel like hunger nausea. I get extremely nauseous if I don't eat when I am hungry even when I'm not pregnant and it doesn't feel anything like this. Like I said, it just feels like I ate a huge plate of spaghetti right before going to bed, but I didn't.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 7th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Veteran
I've been feeling the same way too, right in the middle of the night! It doesn't matter what time I had dinner beforehand or anything and I feel pretty normal when I go to bed. Eating some crackers might be the solution, but I feel so tired and out of it I don't think I would be able to.
jellis82 likes this.

Cautiously Expecting Our First: November 8th, 2014

Missing Our 2 Losses: February 2013 @9wks, November 2013 at @6wks
April 8th, 2014, 08:35 AM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
I was waking up constantly feeling sick until I started taking benadryl before bed. Now I sleep all night most nights...sometimes I wake up to use the bathroom, but I don't feel sick anymore when I do. The other night I thought I'd try going to bed without the benadryl, ugh, could not get to sleep I felt soooo nauseous so after a couple hours I got up and took benadryl...fell asleep within an hour and slept all night .If you're fine with taking meds during pg it may be worth asking your dr about.

#10 due 11/15/14
April 8th, 2014, 09:00 AM
It hasn't happened the past 2 nights so I think it was just some weird digestive thing I was going through. Hope it doesn't return

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 8th, 2014, 09:12 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are feeling bad Do you think maybe sleeping at an incline might help? Like propping yourself up on 2 pillows?

Hope whatever this is passes soon!
jellis82 likes this.

April 8th, 2014, 01:34 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel sick all day long...and this is recent because I have gone all this time without a symptom. So far my kids cannot eat popcorn or cheerios...the smell makes me sick.
jellis82 likes this.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
April 10th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Veteran
I think I found a solution for me, because it's gotten worse the last couple of nights! I put a small container of Cheerios by the bed last night so they're at the ready when I wake up feeling sick. I only have to grab a few to eat but it seems to do the trick. Thank goodness!!!
jellis82 likes this.

Cautiously Expecting Our First: November 8th, 2014

Missing Our 2 Losses: February 2013 @9wks, November 2013 at @6wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search