I know it's early but..

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By michelleH
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 1 Post By MommyOf22014
  • 1 Post By QuinnBaby
  • 3 Post By MommyOf22014
  • 1 Post By miss_lyssa_
  • 1 Post By KellJoO

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2014, 10:32 AM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
Has anyone else noticed how crazy the baby name web sites have become??? I haven't found one 'normal' name. Abcd and Aaaaaaaaa were listed as possible names... Whaaa?

April 10th, 2014, 10:55 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
And the number of babies named after popular TV is getting a bit absurd.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 10th, 2014, 11:59 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol! omg the names on baby name sites can be a bit absurd I look more in books or search "traditional" baby names in hopes to avoid those really outrageous ones
QuinnBaby likes this.

April 10th, 2014, 12:44 PM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
I'm not the traditional type lol. I named my son Landyn because I always had an intuition I'd name my son Landon but with a unique twist. A Y instead of the O. I named my daughter Khloe, Because of it's meaning and origin. With another unique twist with a K instead of a C. Chloe looks like it sounds like CCHHHHHHH-LO. With a K, you actually get that K sound. This baby will either be Kaleb Paul, Kaleb is just a name DH and I agreed on and paul because that's DH middle name too.ORArabella Jade! I chose Arabella because I wanna nickname my daughter Bella but too many people have Isabella so I found Arabella to have a nice flow. And Jade was the only middle name DH and I agreed on.Very hard to get names with him because he thinks of people he hates when doing so. Totally annoying.
KellJoO likes this.

April 10th, 2014, 01:08 PM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
I like unique names, but I don't like the name Abcd lol. I named my son Weston thinking that no one around here has that name...Apparently everyone else had the same idea because he now has two other Weston's in his very small Kindergarten class . Landyn and Khloe are cute, but again abcd and Aaaaaa are just not names...lol
MommyOf22014 likes this.

April 10th, 2014, 01:12 PM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
Yeah they aren't. But What about apple? Gwyneth Paltrow did lmao. Or rainbow like holly Madison. Some celebrities are so stupid. Poor kids.

Or even better Pilot Inspektor like Jason lee.

Or Kim's baby north west, kill me.
~*Kixs*~, KellJoO and QuinnBaby like this.

April 10th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Veteran
There is some crazy names out there. I tend to go toward unique names since our last name is very common but I don't try to get too weird. My oldest daughter has the most mispronunciations and misspellings but I still love it.

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
April 10th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Regular
I don't understand what some people are thinking when they name their kids....I have to call attendance in every class I teach and I am SOOO sick of seeing apostrophes and hyphens in first names. I don't mind having unique names, but seriously there is a line that divides unique and just ridiculous and it's really not that fine, some people just go overboard trying to be so unique no one else will ever think of it.......ok rant over lol
lizbitz16 likes this.
April 10th, 2014, 02:22 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyOf22014 View Post
I'm not the traditional type lol. I named my son Landyn because I always had an intuition I'd name my son Landon but with a unique twist. A Y instead of the O. I named my daughter Khloe, Because of it's meaning and origin. With another unique twist with a K instead of a C. Chloe looks like it sounds like CCHHHHHHH-LO. With a K, you actually get that K sound. This baby will either be Kaleb Paul, Kaleb is just a name DH and I agreed on and paul because that's DH middle name too.ORArabella Jade! I chose Arabella because I wanna nickname my daughter Bella but too many people have Isabella so I found Arabella to have a nice flow. And Jade was the only middle name DH and I agreed on.Very hard to get names with him because he thinks of people he hates when doing so. Totally annoying.
HAHAHAHA!

My DH told me the girl name I picked out was a NO GO because he hated someone by the name of it. I LOVED the name Dakotah for a girl and he said no way...... it just reminds me of Dakota that was in your class and he's just a fat slob! Well come on now, a little girl Dakotah........how cute is that?!

I like putting unique twists on the spelling too. Like my mom, had to make mine difficult I have to spell it for everyone. K- E - L - L - E -Y not K - E - L - L - Y !!!!!!!!!
MommyOf22014 likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
April 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the countries that have to review your babys name before it can become their legal name. Genius!
8 Countries With Fascinating Baby Naming Laws | Mental Floss

But yeah, there are some CRAZY names out there and celebs take the cake! Hey, Cake, that has a nice ring to it. Maybe as a middle name with a more traditional first name though...Angel Cake H. LOVE IT

April 11th, 2014, 08:25 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
I go either way. My oldest has the most "normal name", Caleb Michael. My second was named after my late SIL but we changed the spelling from Rachel to Rachael and gave her a more unique middle name Aaliyah. Then we went way more unique with our third, Ezekiel Asher. And then Kerryn(pronounced CURRIN, not Karen & the y being a more unique spelling option) Ariel. Really our only "rule" for picking out names are that they have to be hebrew names.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Last edited by -LovingLife-; April 11th, 2014 at 08:29 PM.
April 12th, 2014, 07:46 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
I grew up with a last name that was endlessly being mispronounced and misspelled. It always bothered me. My first name is spelled with two ls which is correct in French, but seemed to be less common (at least where I grew up.) My personal opinion is that "unique spellings" just mean that your child will spend the rest of their lives correcting people and having their names spelled wrong on everything. That doesn't make it "wrong" or "right" but it's something to consider when playing with spellings.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 12th, 2014, 04:15 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
When I was a child my unique first name and French last name were always getting mispronounced and misspelled also. I most hated my first name. But, as I grew older I realize how special my name was and I grew into it. I still to this day get compliments all the time for such a pretty name and I don't mind spelling it out for people. I wouldn't want any other name.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search