UPDATE on our little jellybean!!! Plus, one lingering question.

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By tmmgeekette
  • 2 Post By KellJoO
  • 1 Post By tmmgeekette
  • 1 Post By ReaganorDean
  • 1 Post By hopin2bpreggermeggers
  • 1 Post By WaitinginNJ
  • 1 Post By michelleH
  • 1 Post By Maddy6912

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Regular
Hey all!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. The thought of miscarriage had me so stressed that it was best if I just stayed away from pregnancy boards for a bit. I went to my 2nd OB appointment last Tuesday. I'm not as far along as I thought. Today makes day 6 of week 7. My due date is November 22nd, but my OB said because of my diabetes, she'll induce me a week early. We saw a heartbeat, which leads me to this question. . .

I have read in various places that once you see the heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage goes down A LOT. Is this true? Does anyone know? Honest answers are welcome.
April 10th, 2014, 12:13 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
well, the truth is that the longer you STAY pregnant, the less chance there is of a miscarriage. The chances of a miscarraige really drop after you have entered the 2nd trimester. Why do you think you'll have a miscarriage?
kaitkait1992 likes this.

DD1 - Jada (10)
DD2 - Maya (7)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 10th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Regular
Because I read too much into google. lol. I honestly have no idea why I'm so worried about it. As far as I know, I've never miscarried. I guess I'm just a pessimist, and I worry way too much!!
April 10th, 2014, 12:32 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Daily odds of pregnancy miscarriage

Enter the date of your last period, and it shows you your risks as you progress.

It does go down significantly after you hear the heartbeat.

Try not to let it take over the joy of your pregnancy.
MommyOf22014 and kaitkait1992 like this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
April 10th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Regular
That makes me feel tons better! I'm trying my best not to!
April 10th, 2014, 12:46 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
kaitkait, Practice meditation. I"m serious!! But most importantly, remember that if you are meant to have a miscarriage with this baby, then you will have one regardless of what you think, read, etc... It's basically out of your control. I'm not saying you should start drinking hard liquor and smoking crack. Still take care of yourself, but worrying about it is neither going to prevent it or cause it to happen. relax, and enjoy your pregnancy and planning for your baby!
Poly124 likes this.

DD1 - Jada (10)
DD2 - Maya (7)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 10th, 2014, 02:57 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to stress. I have heard that the odds go down significantly after you have heard a strong heartbeat. I don't know the percentages off of my head, but have to agree with what has been said here that once the 2nd trimester hits, it brings some relief with it. One of my good friends who has type I had a perfectly healthy full term pregnancy. Her son was delivered via c section at 38 weeks when her water broke. He's a perfectly healthy beautiful little boy. The more you take care of you, the better environment you make for your baby. Hugs.
kaitkait1992 likes this.
April 11th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Veteran
The rate does go down after you see a strong heartbeat. But some researchers look at the CRL to look at miscarriage rates in addition to other factors. According to one article, after the CRL > 10 mm , the chance is nearly miniscule (.5%). Between 6-10 mm, it is very low (3%). I'm not sure if this article was peer-reviewed, but it definitely made me feel better! So in my mind it is proven science!
kaitkait1992 likes this.

April 11th, 2014, 06:39 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only heard that once you hit your 2nd trimester the risk drastically decreases. Stop reading google! lol
kaitkait1992 likes this.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
April 11th, 2014, 07:12 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
After the first 12 weeks, your risk of miscarriage or still birth is 2%. There are other factors that can influence the number and make it higher, but the general rule of thumb is 2%.
kaitkait1992 likes this.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 11th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking from October DDC this really helped all of us girls early on. You can check it daily. Daily odds of pregnancy miscarriage

sorry someone already posted this!!
kaitkait1992 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search