Anyone else thinking about names yet?

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2014, 04:03 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
Cuz I'm not. Lol!

I think I like the name Cora if this is another girl. But if not Cora, then some other 4-letter, 2-syllable name to match my other kids, Jada and Maya.

If it's a boy, tho, I have NO idea. All I know is I don't want a typical boy name that has been used to death like John, David, Robert, Josh, Jason, you name it. They are just boring beyond measure to me.
ReaganorDean likes this.

DD1 - Jada (11)
DD2 - Maya (8)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 10th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, I think we have both our boy (which we think this one is) and girl names locked down!
April 10th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Veteran
We have names. I'm one of those who always has a couple names in mind and decide shortly after the positive test. We had a girl in feb 2013 and so we had a name in case she was a boy which we will use for this one if its a boy. That name is Talon James. If it's a girl her name will be Harper Ellen.

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
April 10th, 2014, 05:12 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
It's awesome to have the name locked down. I knew pretty early about Jada, even almost Maya. Just wasn't sure how to spell it. Maia. Vs. Maya. I decided on the more standard spelling because I hate the fact everyone tries to spell my name Tonya or Tanya It's a pain.

DD1 - Jada (11)
DD2 - Maya (8)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 10th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Regular
For a boy we have ryleigh juston and for a girl we have desiree hope.
April 10th, 2014, 05:20 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure first names are on lock down, just nit sure about middle names, girl will be Aria, and boy will be Jase
April 10th, 2014, 05:27 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hayley Quinn for a girl, and a boy is up in the air. I like Shane, but for DH that's a no go.
April 10th, 2014, 06:27 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing set in stone as far as the boy name. I am really liking Lincoln for the boy name, not sure on the middle name yet. Maybe Lincoln Isaiah (my dad and brother's middle name is Isaiah). For girl, my husband really want to name her after his Nana and Mom, Teresa Lynn, which I don't really love so I have talked him into a second middle name which is what I will plan on actually calling her. Haven't decided on what that will be yet though...
jrchubbycheeks likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganorDean View Post
Hayley Quinn for a girl, and a boy is up in the air. I like Shane, but for DH that's a no go.

Love that middle name.. I might be a little biased though

April 10th, 2014, 06:36 PM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
I love the name Madalyn...but DH and his friends automatically think of a so-called "dirty girl" from high school named Madelyn so he isn't really on board with that. No idea for a boy or girl yet...I am going to start a short list soon though

April 10th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellis82 View Post
Nothing set in stone as far as the boy name. I am really liking Lincoln for the boy name, not sure on the middle name yet. Maybe Lincoln Isaiah (my dad and brother's middle name is Isaiah). For girl, my husband really want to name her after his Nana and Mom, Teresa Lynn, which I don't really love so I have talked him into a second middle name which is what I will plan on actually calling her. Haven't decided on what that will be yet though...
My sons name is Lincoln Edward. I get tons of compliments on it...great name
jellis82 likes this.

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
April 10th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a list going. Have a lot more on the boy side than the girls. We have naming "rules". The name needs a good meaning, has to start with a letter we haven't already used and I would prefer that it didn't end with a or ah. Husband gets annoyed by my rules lol.

April 10th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelamomtomany View Post
We have a list going. Have a lot more on the boy side than the girls. We have naming "rules". The name needs a good meaning, has to start with a letter we haven't already used and I would prefer that it didn't end with a or ah. Husband gets annoyed by my rules lol.
We have some rules too. I try to use a different letter for each kids' name too and so far we haven't broken the rule but we have some names we like that would break the rule and my husband tries to convince me that the rule doesn't matter Our middle names we use family names and that's getting harder at this point!
Angelamomtomany likes this.

April 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
Girl name is Ezra Evangeline and for a boy we have no clue! Dh likes slade and Idont I mean its not bad but Idont want to use it. I like Asher or Bo but he dosnt : c good thing we have time....

April 10th, 2014, 09:05 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For boys we've been looking at Elliot, Rhys and August, but also possibly Cameron. I just hate that some of the awesome male names have somehow been used on females and I dislike unisex names so it's making it hard to commit to those names. We can't think of one female name we like. So this looks like it promises to be challenging.

April 10th, 2014, 09:16 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
Im pretty sure Elliot is now considered unisex. If you like the name I dont see why it should matter that it is unisex. I know both girls and a boy with that name and it never seemed to bother them.

April 10th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 View Post
For boys we've been looking at Elliot, Rhys and August, but also possibly Cameron. I just hate that some of the awesome male names have somehow been used on females and I dislike unisex names so it's making it hard to commit to those names. We can't think of one female name we like. So this looks like it promises to be challenging.
I love Elliot and Cameron...two of my very favorites.

I think of them as boy names but I guess they're coming around as unisex. My boy is Adrian and my dad's comment was "it's a girl name" Whatever. We like it.

I love talking about names.

April 10th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I wait until I meet them but go in with a list of names I like Honestly I haven't put too much thought into it yet- after we find out the gender (crazy how it could be in a couple weeks!!! ) I think we will talk.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 11th, 2014, 05:12 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I think our boy name might be Leo James. For a girl either Maddie, Harper or Sophie. Middle name Lynn.

April 11th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not even a thought in my mind yet! I hate that part of pregnancy. Hate naming babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search