Bella bands vs support belt

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kellyowens
  • 2 Post By kellyowens
  • 1 Post By BlueEyes09
  • 1 Post By BlueEyes09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last PG my OB (she seriously is more midwifey then the midwives I've seen!! LOL) recommended bella bands for my abdominal pain and to help with the early contractions. Being so short, I have no where for baby to go and I get super bad pelvic pain early one (well I have the last two pg's) due to all the weight the baby puts on my pubic bones from sitting so low, etc. That or it could be a little SPD for those who know what that is and what I'm talking about (SPD is separation of the pubic bones and is super super painful).

Anyway, I bought some of the target brand bella bands and used those and they were AMAZING! The extra support they gave to my belly helped so much! I also bought a support belt, and gawd, those things NEVER seem to help me! This time I'm definitely going to get the bands again, but I was wondering, does anyone know if there are any with a bit more compression? I could go with SPANX, but in the hot summer mo?! The bands helped until I was into the end of the second tri start of the third tri. So when I got too big basically, lol.
April 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
I use shapers like this for support: Sears.com

The boy short are the most comfy under shorts imo and I like "bike short" length for under pants/skirts/capris.

Mine is really thin and breathable so it's not crazy hot/uncomfortable in the heat .

I hate the support belts...they never stay in place and they're hot! I do like the bella bands, but they're not supportive enough after awhile and they don't always stay in place either.

I have even worn full body shapers (shoulders to mid-calf) until delivery, but I was pg through the winter...wouldn't be doable through the summer.
THE angry uterus likes this.

#10 due 11/15/14
April 14th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those look like the spanx I used to have. How did you order your sizing when you got bigger? Did you just go a size or two up?
April 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have only ever used spanx when NOT pg LOL

What about a PP support belt, like for after a c/s. They have velcro so you could adjust it to the level you want. The one I had was made of a mesh like material and very breathable.

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; April 15th, 2014 at 11:19 AM.
April 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
Those look like the spanx I used to have. How did you order your sizing when you got bigger? Did you just go a size or two up?
Yup, just went up a size .

I think spanx is a bit thicker and a little more constrictive...I've tried that brand on before.

I've also gotten the "light support" type in my pre-pg size and it works fine...ha, actually got it at Walmart .
Eta...I don't have any problems with varicosities, but I'd probably run it by my dr before using the shorts style if I did.

The other thing I wanted to mention is I really like them pp and while bfing since it's high-waist and covers my belly if I'm wearing a shirt I have to lift up.
THE angry uterus and BABY3. like this.

#10 due 11/15/14

Last edited by kellyowens; April 15th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
April 15th, 2014, 11:05 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Excuse my ignorance here lol, is this like a girdle? What does it do?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
April 15th, 2014, 11:17 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG...I am so excited...I NEVER knew this existed! I just purchased one from Amazon.com for $11.95 lol!! i will let you know how I like it. Thank you for the tip!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
April 15th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kixs*~ View Post
I have only ever used spanx when NOT pg LOL

What about a PP support belt, like for after a c/s. They have velcro so you could adjust it to the level you want. The one I had was made of a mesh like material and very breathable.
The ones I've always had dug into my lower abdomen and never offered much support. I am thinking about the full body ones maybe for work but they're so expensive to wear only once.

I'll have to try the one posted above. It's cheap so jot a big deal if it doesn't work. If it does and I want extra support I can go ahead with some spanx.
April 15th, 2014, 06:25 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking at some point I'll wrap my belly with a woven wrap. It won't be the best thing for out and about, but it will work while we are home.

April 15th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
What about a sports one? I know most are breathable and wicking and adjustable... Most seem to be a foam stretchy type material so more than the bella band but less than the support belts that can dig.just a thought!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 16th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 View Post
I'm thinking at some point I'll wrap my belly with a woven wrap. It won't be the best thing for out and about, but it will work while we are home.
I've seen that! I might have to try that too, but in the summer it will be sooooo hoooooot.
April 16th, 2014, 05:21 AM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
Huh! Who knew?! I've never heard of any of these things. I will have to check them out maybe when I get further along.

it's a BOY!!

April 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
I've seen that! I might have to try that too, but in the summer it will be sooooo hoooooot.

Tell me about it. I'm in Arkansas.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search