called the docs office

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 3 Post By THE angry uterus

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I broke down and called the nurse line. I was given NO information about the genetic testing they are doing, just that they need a weight for it, so when I get my blood test done I have to swing by and have a nurse weigh me too. And that it has to be done between 10w3 days and 14 weeks then again from 18w-22 weeks I believe. If the tests are abnormal I'd get sent to MFM for further testing... I was under the impression it was part of the triple screen, but I can't find where you have early blood work with the triple screening... Also I don't think they told me what they were testing for. Down Syndrome I'm sure, and probably neural tube defects, but what else? Trisomy 18? Anything else? I'm also supposed to get tested for CF but that's a separate test. So, I called and left a message for the nurse. Since its low importance I'm sure it will be by the end of the day or tomorrow I get a return call back.
April 16th, 2014, 08:25 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh I had no idea that you had to have all of this testing done I wonder what your weight, like weighing in, has to do with any test result?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
April 16th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont' have too, its the optional genetic testing. I'm torn on if I want to bother getting it, what it entails, etc. I am supposed to have my thyroid tested too, so I guess I might as well while the needle is in my arm, lol, but I'm honestly dragging my feet cause they want me to get weighed too! LOL
WaitinginNJ likes this.
April 16th, 2014, 08:46 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looking at the care sheet my OB office gave me they test at:

6-8w full panel and possible genetic testing for CF & sickle cell.

12-13w NT screen sono & blood work.

Then at 26w for glucose tolerance and labs for CBC & HIV

Sooo...it looks like I get lots of blood work done too. Does this sound like the schedule you have?

April 16th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was never given a schedule. I did find some info but I'm still not sure which ones it is. They do seem very...inaccurate? Like on 83% accurate for detecting with the first stage with a 5% false positive rate? Second stage goes to 90ish%... Second stage can be done between 15-21w6d. Do I need to wait 4 weeks between tests or anything? Not too impressed by this. Wish it were the materniti21. Tests for tri21 and tri18 and other neural tube defects. I've had false positive results in the past with DD3. I guess it was cause I had a partial placenta previa with her. Those can increase the risk of false positives.
April 16th, 2014, 09:00 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
I've had false positive results in the past with DD3. I guess it was cause I had a partial placenta previa with her. Those can increase the risk of false positives.
I had a false positive with my DD too. My dates were off and I was not in the time frame that the test should have been done.

My NT sono & blood work screens are the ones where they look for T13, T18, and downs. My doctor was saying it is a newer way to screen where they look for the markers (like the ticker neck and stuff) along with doing the blood work so they can rule out more false positives.

Sorry your doctors office seems wishy washy. Thats not cool. Is this a new doctor from your DS's?

April 16th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never had a NT scan before. I delivered DD 2&3 in a different state. I actually wasn't even offered genetic screening with DS2 and was surprised they even offered it now. My office sees a lot of medicaid pts so maybe it wasn't covered by medicaid before and therefore not offered as most pts couldn't afford it? I think I was offered with DS1 (different doc) but I declined.
April 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that sounds like a lot of tests! I wonder what kind of testing we would have now if we did all this testing years ago!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
April 16th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, they got back to me. It can take a couple WEEKS to get the results of the first test, then they will let me know when I will need to take the second half of the test. The test without the NT is 87% effective for downs and 90% effective for tri18, and 80% effective for detecting other neural tube defects. I found an online pamphlet here: https://www.labcorp.com/wps/wcm/conn...df?MOD=AJPERES its the serum integrated screening. They said if there is a positive I'd go to the MFM doc and get offered an amnio and/or a more detailed u/s. Honestly, they'd probably offer me the materniti21 vs the amnio since that office is all up on technology! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search