Had a 5th U/S today...

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By tmmgeekette
  • 1 Post By MommyOf22014

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
Seems excessive... but I've had a lot of drama going on with this pregnancy so far... today's should have been the 1st (maybe 2nd) U/S if everything was going ok from day one.

The kid (as I've been referring to him of late) is doing fine so far. The doc went over all the usual stuff. But said 2 things that stick out. #1 "despite your vbac 8 years ago, you can still have a uterine rupture if you try to have this baby vaginally because of your c-section 10 years ago." (yea, whatever..)
And #2, " if this is a boy, do you want him circumcised?".

First time I have been asked about circumcision. And it seemed a bit early to be asking it, but whatevs...

I am being referred to a perinatologist for the maternit21 test and thorough U/S. This is due to my age (42). They called and made an appointment already, but then I googled the doctor and really didn't like all the negative things I read about him. Bad bedside manner, showing pictures of babies with downs to his patients, exorbitant charges to the insurance companies... So I found a different doctor and asked my obgyn to set up an appointment with her instead.

The appointment will likely be in 3 weeks. Then another 2 weeks on top of that to get the results. So the cowntown begins. T - 5 weeks to find out if baby is OK and if baby is a girl or boy.

DD1 - Jada (11)
DD2 - Maya (8)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 22nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
Don't let the doctor push you to a c section. My last doctor tried to do the same, so I switched. And this doctor is certain I am a great candidate an d will have a successful VBAC and my c section was in 2009. It is early to talk about that, but it's good to plan ahead if you will Circumcise him or not. I'm glad you switched, that dr sounds awful. But everything sounds good. I'm glad. Waiting sucks though
~*Kixs*~ likes this.

April 22nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
tmmgeekette's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tmmgeekette
there's a midwife that works out of that office... so after all this testing drama is over with, I will ask about her and see if I can switch. This doc is nice and all, but he said that if want another vbac, he would need to be present at the hospital the whole time (something that sounded unfavorable to him as he said it).

DD1 - Jada (11)
DD2 - Maya (8)

Baby3 - Due on Turkey Day, 2014

April 22nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
They have asked me all 6 times at my first appt about circumcision, it's so it's in your charts and doesn't get missed etc.
April 22nd, 2014, 11:01 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Ah I am sorry things have been so crazy! I am glad baby is doing well tho- Did you get a pic?

I think you are right- wait and then switch if you can!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 23rd, 2014, 06:22 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmgeekette View Post
This doc is nice and all, but he said that if want another vbac, he would need to be present at the hospital the whole time (something that sounded unfavorable to him as he said it).
That's his JOB, and he gets paid very well for it. Don't let him bully you into major surgery for his convenience, because that's the only thing that is at stake here, his convenience. Not your health.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
April 23rd, 2014, 09:11 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Many times they ask about circumcision because insurance companies do not have to pay for it as it is not considered routine anymore and many insurances consider it cosmetic so if you are going to do it many Dr's ask you to pay for it up front even if your insurance covers it. With my last pregnancy I had to pay $250 to the OB up front even though my insurance covered it 100% and then after the insurance paid the Dr.'s office reimbursed me.

For what it is worth for those who may be having boys and are covered under medicaid or pregnancy medicaid, to the best of my knowledge no state medicaid covers circumcision at all any more, and I am not sure about the new Obama Care plans, so it might be worth looking to see if your insurance covers it of not if it is something you plan to do if having a boy, so that you can plan funds accordingly.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Last edited by Rebelmommy; April 23rd, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
April 23rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Veteran
Yay for baby being good. Hope things chill out for you quickly.
Madi (09.02.05) & Kyler (10.11.07)
&
April 23rd, 2014, 06:06 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
And be aware that if you don't want your son to have one, that you must watch the baby every second - room in, etc. Because sometimes they get it anyway by "mistake." I know two couples (personally, not online) who went to different hospitals (different states actually) who didn't want it done, but it was done anyway... and there's no going back! I've read of many more occurrences, but don't know how factual they are.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search