Moms with LOs (sibling rivalry)

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By jrchubbycheeks
  • 2 Post By nursingmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby George is a huge Mama's boy. He's all about giving me hugs, kisses, and snuggles. I'm a little concerned about how he's going to act with a new baby around. With Oliver, he was older, but we prepared him with a big brother book and I bought him a baby brother doll. I could reuse the baby brother doll (the doll is a boy though, lol), and read the book, but I'm still a bit nervous.

DD1 and DD2 are 14.5 mo apart. DD1 did not do well when DD2 came about, and did worse with DD3. DD2 did great with DD3 and DD2 was almost 3 when DD3 was born. I got her involved by talking about baby and letting her rub lotion on my belly. She would also sing to and talk to baby. She was just a little mama from the start.

I'm also a little nervous about how DS1 will react. DD1 refused to accept DD3. When she finally arrived, she was a bit excited, but once she started moving around and doing things, things changed again. DS1 is a GREAT big brother, so maybe I don't have anything to worry about??
MommyOf22014 likes this.
May 12th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Veteran
All of my older kids are excited and I'm not worried about jealousy issues there. My almost 8 year old said she wanted us to have 20 kids LOL

My little one though I'm nervous about. She's the jealous type. She doesn't like it when the older kids cuddle with me and sometimes not even if my husband hugs me. I will try to prepare her but she's a little gal and I'm not sure how much she's really going to understand.
THE angry uterus likes this.

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
May 12th, 2014, 08:26 AM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
My DD will be 7 when the new baby comes. She was almost 5 when DS was born and she did great. DS was really colicky and so I had to spend a lot of time holding him, she didn't really like that very much and had a hard time with that but she started kindergarten a few months after he was born so that kept her busy. I'm not sure how DS is going to react. He will be 2 1/2 when the baby comes. Right now I'm not sure he would really understand. He is a momma's boy so I think it might be tough.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 12th, 2014, 09:08 AM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
They might not react how you think. I think they are used to having other siblings. So don't stress mama. But getting them actively involved helps a lot makes them feel special. Both my kids are excited, surprising no rivalry. Except they want the baby now and don't wanna wait lol. They get excited when I show them the heartbeat on Doppler and the ultrasounds.

Oh and my DS will be 3 months past 7y and my dd will be almost 6 by the time baby comes so that helps me a lot

May 12th, 2014, 09:36 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS1 was 19 months when DS2 was born and he didnt have any issues adjusting. They are now 16 months and 35 months and still do great, they share a room (and everything else) with nothing more than the typical bickering.

Im not worried about the adjustment this time around.
THE angry uterus and BABY3. like this.

May 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
JuneBugsMom's Avatar Super Mommy
DD1 had no problems adjusting to DD2. They are five years apart though. Now with DD2, she does not like babies and She's s huge mommas girl, it's going to be a tough couple months.

It's a Girl!!!

May 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I expect a bit of a problem with my youngest. When the older kids try to cuddle me she yells MY MOMMA and pushes them away from me.

May 12th, 2014, 01:09 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We have NEVER let this be an issue in our house and it never has. May I recommend: "Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too" By: Adele Faber

Robot Check

Last edited by NYCgirl; May 12th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
May 12th, 2014, 04:18 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have been really blessed so far on how excited all the children have been when there is a new sibling on the way. There has been some adjustment after the baby has come home from the hospital but that is expected. Funny thing is my DD was angry with ME and not her new brother LOL

May 13th, 2014, 10:05 AM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
Our 1st was soooooo excited when #2 arrived. They are 3yrs & 2mo apart. & I don't think they have ever had a day of arguing or jealousy. They have always got along great! #1 was just the sweetest most patient brother ever. Now... #2... He is a major mama's boy. He is always wanting to cuddle and lay with me on the couch when we watch tv on weekends. He comes into my room every morning when he wakes up and wants to snuggle. I think he is going to be a little bummed when I have to nurse the baby every 2hrs and make him move. Haha! ..but aside from that.. I'm not too worried. He will be turning 3 just 2 weeks after my due date. I think that is a great spacing for our family. He already understands that I have a baby in my belly and says hi all the time. When we talk about the baby he always excitedly shouts "Babyeeeeee!" I think he will do well.

Oh wait... Now that I think about it he may be like "Heyyyy... why does that kid get to sleep in your room?!" HAHA!! (We co-sleep usually the first 2-3 months.) Oh well. I'm sure it will all work itself out ..plus we are going to upgrade him to a bunkbed to share with his older brother. & I'm going to buy him Thomas the Train sheets (he is OBSESSED) so I think that will help make him excited about everything. He may just be like "haha.. you have to sleep with Mom and I get to sleep with big brother." LOL *fingers crossed*

it's a BOY!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search