Weekly Nesting Thread?

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 1 Post By xopsithetaxo
  • 1 Post By Poly124
  • 1 Post By QuinnBaby
  • 1 Post By ~*Kixs*~
  • 3 Post By WaitinginNJ
  • 4 Post By lizbitz16
  • 3 Post By KellJoO
  • 1 Post By BABY3.
  • 2 Post By Raunchero
  • 1 Post By jellis82
  • 3 Post By And Baby Makes 3
  • 1 Post By ndnrussell
  • 1 Post By QuinnBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2014, 05:45 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am wondering if you ladies would like to participate in this.....

Each week we can post and share what we've done to "prepare" for Baby. It could be buying baby products, cleaning a room, decorating, recipes, etc.

I'm thinking it might help give each other ideas & motivate some!

I know that I have been thinking a lot about what needs to be done and I need to make a list. Some things I cant do til closer to the end, but they still should be done regardless.

This week I am looking into daycare. I've found 3 that I am interested in- all very small with only a few kids and each of the providers are EXCELLENT. Its really going to be a tough decision.

I've also started to write down the beginnings of a budget for us over the next few months....... putting money away specifically for when I'm off work & what needs to go where.

ooofta, that one is stressful!

So what have you done lately or what are you working on?
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
June 4th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Regular
I bought a Boppy with 3 covers and a changing pad with a cover from Craigslist! Since this was a late surprise baby, we have NOTHING!

There is a lot to do but I will feel more motivated when we learn the gender--come on blood test results!
KellJoO likes this.
DD (6)

Expecting a BOY! 11/30/14
June 4th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Veteran
Yes! I need motivation. The spring was so busy we really haven't even written lists of anything, just mental notes. The only thing I have is a set of socks one of my girlfriends gave me as a 'gag' gift when I was engaged.

We have some major organizing to do in the office/soon to be baby room. The space has really just been used as an unorganized storage room with stuff we most likely have to throw out and DH's props/costumes for his competitive karaoke league (don't get me started....)

I'm thinking we'll get to some major cleaning/organizing over the next few weeks and kick it into high gear (registry/decorating ideas) once we do the anatomy scan/find out the gender towards the end of this month.

Oh yeah, and we also have to revisit our conversation with the owner of our apartment who said we will most likely be able to buy the unit at the end of our sublet (end of this year), pending board approval, so that obviously affects our nesting plans as well. Whew. we have a lot to do!
KellJoO likes this.

Cautiously Expecting Our First: November 8th, 2014

Missing Our 2 Losses: February 2013 @9wks, November 2013 at @6wks
June 4th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Craigslist scores are always nice!! My SIL found a huge lot of girls clothes on a buying & Selling page on FB and I'm hoping to scoop it up because the seasons line up with our baby too!

Haha our spare bedroom is more of a "throw stuff on the bed, shut the door and don't look back" room too. Out of sight out of mind. I need to empty the entire thing, paint, decorate and re- do the closet. Its going to be a huge undertaking!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

June 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
I am not wanting to work outside of the home after the baby is here so I have started preparing this week to start an in home day care. I was worried that DH wouldn't be on board with the idea so I didn't even mention it, but he surprised me and suggested it. Exciting We have our gender scan Friday so much more baby related stuff will come after that.
KellJoO likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 07:09 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly124 View Post
Oh yeah, and we also have to revisit our conversation with the owner of our apartment who said we will most likely be able to buy the unit at the end of our sublet (end of this year), pending board approval, so that obviously affects our nesting plans as well. Whew. we have a lot to do!
We are in the same boat. Been trying to do little projects around the house to get it ready to sell. We plan to put it on the market by the end of the month. I have basically been un-nesting!

Other then that we have been looking at other houses on-line. I don't want to buy anything before we move b/c it is just something else to pack. We have 3 kids and have been in our house almost 11 years. We already have a lot of crap! Don't need more
Poly124 likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 07:32 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have done a lot in my head lol...does that count?
KellJoO, Poly124 and BABY3. like this.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
June 4th, 2014, 07:41 AM
lizbitz16's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginNJ View Post
I have done a lot in my head lol...does that count?

Right there with you! Have to paint our kitchen cabinets (which the doors are sitting in our living room), paint the new guest room, and get new carpet in the bedrooms...before we can even think about putting together the nursery! Hopefully starting registry today, so I can have one thing taken care of. Babies are a lot of work...even before they're born!
~*Kixs*~, KellJoO, Poly124 and 1 others like this.

June 4th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Another thing I want to do is take a couple weekends before baby arrives and mass produce some freezer meals.

I think it will be nice to have some meals we can just pull out and toss in the oven when we are all exhausted but would like a home cooked meal.

But, I can see it now...... I'll be 8 months pregnant sitting with my feet up and a bowl of ice cream.
xopsithetaxo, Poly124 and jellis82 like this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

June 4th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Veteran
mmmm ice cream.........
June 4th, 2014, 08:44 AM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
I've been checking out some double jogging strollers online this week as well as bunkbeds. No purchases just yet. I'm thinking of putting the 2 big boys together (it feels funny calling my 2yr old a "big boy" LOL) even though we have enough bedrooms for all the kids to have their own. My 5yr old would really like to share a room. ..soo.. that's all I've been worrying about at the moment. Being that this is boy #3 in a row we have a ton of clothes and accessories and all the spoons and bibs and boppy and whatever we need. The only thing really on the must-have list is a carseat. ..but I will buy that as we get closer. Worst case scenario I have the old one which isn't expired yet (but I WOULD prefer to get a new one as it is a convertible 5-80lbs and not an infant version).

I think this thread will be a great idea to keep me motivated! It'll remind me next week of all I haven't done yet.
KellJoO likes this.

it's a BOY!!

June 4th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
I have finally taken the plunge and got rid of my not so age appropriate clothing (tanks covered in hearts/skulls mini Jean skirts, short shorts). Haven't worn the stuff in years anyways!

We are going to pick out flooring and paint this weekend for babys room.

I sure am happy to hear we aren't the only ones with a catch all room! Everything from old tvs to my canning stuff lol!
KellJoO and QuinnBaby like this.

June 4th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Veteran
Painting is going to be a chore for us.... Who knows when the apartment was painted last but it's peeling in every. single. room. :-(

So much scraping and sanding to do.... for DH and others of course - wouldn't want to inhale that dust being pg and everything :-)

Cautiously Expecting Our First: November 8th, 2014

Missing Our 2 Losses: February 2013 @9wks, November 2013 at @6wks
June 4th, 2014, 09:36 AM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't done much honestly. There really is a ton that I need to do. We have a 3 bedroom house and with baby #3 on the way we will have to do some rearranging. My 2 year old son still sleeps in his crib so I need to get him transitioned to a bed and moved into my daughters room (they will probably share a room for a few years until I'm out of Nursing school and we can afford a bigger house). I also need to get started on potty training with him so we can get him out of diapers before the baby comes (hopefully). His room is a disaster with diaper boxes full of clothes he has outgrown so we need to move those down into our storage. Even if this baby is a boy I don't think we will be able to use any of my sons clothes because he was an early summer baby... there is so much to do and I don't have the energy to do any of it! LOL.

I also want to make and freeze some meals before this baby comes. I don't think there's going to be any time to cook with a 7 year old, 2 year old and a newborn. Oh and add school to that mix, baby is due about a month before my fall semester ends, and I'm taking 3 classes...will I survive it all?!
KellJoO likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
I haven't done much because i feel like i can't. We have to move out of our one bedroom appartment. I have been looking and found a few 3 bedrooms that are in our price range and the added bedroom would be really handy as DH has a tone of military gear he needs to bring home from the base, enough to fill an entire closet, and i'm not so keen on giving up my closet space! I don,t want to buy too much stuff because, first i know my parents will buy a tone of stuff for the shower ( i love them, they are so generous! first grand baby gotta be spoiled!) and second i feel it would be stupid to buy stuff, bring it home, have it in our way in boxes only to move it when we get to the new place.

I have started a registry and we have picked out our stroller, crib and carrier. My registry has a bunch more stuff we need and its a handy list to have.

Hopefully when DH gets home we can find a place to move, get our lease shorten and start throwing away a bunch of his old stuff. Last time we moved he was away and i did not want to go through his stuff in fear of throwing away stuff he wanted to keep. That was two years ago. I am not moving all that junk again.

My Ovulation Chart

June 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
And Baby Makes 3's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't done much yet. I've done a lot in my head. lol. I too need to go through my "catch all" room and organize. Stuff needs thown away, stuff needs put away, some stuff just needs burnt. No, but seriously, I really am not feeling it though. lol. There is so much stuff in there and I'm so anal retentive that I have to go through every. single. thing. Ugh! I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Other than that I don't have a whole lot to do. The normal stuff of course, buy and assemble a crib, get a car-seat, I need a new double stroller since DD is still pretty small. I feel like it's too soon for all that though.

One thing I do need to do before anything else is buy baby a dresser so I can start slowly buying clothes. I don't wanna go buy them and not have anywhere to put them because if there just sitting there that will annoy the crap out of me.

Gosh! I'm so anal I get on my own nerves! LOL.
KellJoO, Poly124 and BABY3. like this.
June 4th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I need to start working on my catch all room because if I leave it til the last minute... I will be soooo overwhelmed with it and have a meltdown. I can see it now! LOL

I have a dresser that could be moved in then too- to start putting clothes away & organizing. Ok that thought gets me excited!!!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

June 4th, 2014, 01:02 PM
ndnrussell's Avatar Veteran
I'm joining the ranks of those that haven't done much. Not because I don't want to, but because we have to straighten out our living situation. That is really stressing me out... I'm sure it will all come together, but I wish it would happen right NOW! lol
~*Kixs*~ likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
Seeing all these posts about painting make me sooo thrilled to have pine walls No painting needed here! But that also means that I have to make that up in decor and other fun stuff
KellJoO likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnBaby View Post
Seeing all these posts about painting make me sooo thrilled to have pine walls No painting needed here! But that also means that I have to make that up in decor and other fun stuff
Our whole house is pine, with the exception of the bathroom and 1/2 of the spare room/ baby room. We did wainscoting halfway up with pine, then sheetrock on the top portion.

I hate painting so that works well for me to have pine LOL!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search