Non-nurseries

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else skipping the traditional nursery? What are you doing instead?

July 23rd, 2014, 03:41 PM
Regular
We probably will not have the traditional nursery, as we live in a one bedroom apartment. Baby will probably be sharing a room with us.... or we can move our bed to the living room and baby can have bedroom, cuz right now we dont have any living room furniture since we recently got married and got our own place and have been using our money to buy baby stuff
July 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a corner of our bedroom for now and when he is old enough we will move him to the boys room.

July 23rd, 2014, 04:36 PM
Veteran
I have a room for her but I will probably just you my room I don't want her that far from me
July 23rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Bassinet by the bed is what he gets for now
#12 is on the way
July 24th, 2014, 01:31 PM
neji's Avatar Veteran
We have a room for baby but it probably won't be used until after baby turns one. She will be sleeping in a crib beside our bed until then. That is if her crib ever comes! Turns out its on back order and we may have to pick out another one. It's been 5 weeks already. We're giving it one more week before we cancel the order.
July 24th, 2014, 01:39 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
She has a corner in our room, it is Cinderella/princess themed I'm waiting till I get everything done and organized after the baby shower to post pics
July 24th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I've never done a nursery. It was never practice. I also bedshare and co-sleep from birth. She'll end up rooming with a sibling later on.

July 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are also doing a co-sleeper next to the bed until he is large enough that I'm comfortable bed sharing. We have a crib and it's in my daughters bedroom. It will be their sleeping room for times he's in his own space. We also have a playroom that has all the kid toys. So at least we do have 2 spaces if they ever need their own personal space.

July 24th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Veteran
Baby will have space in our room. We don't have space for anyone to have their own room. She will be with us until she's firmly sleeping through the night and then she will go to the girls room with the rest of the girls.

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
July 26th, 2014, 04:34 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We also have never had a nursery. We never had space or the extra money. We room share and co-sleep.

July 26th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Regular
The first few weeks me and baby will probably camp out in the living room so we don't disturb anyone with getting up all night. Boys will be sharing a room though, and I intend to start that as soon as possible. DS was in his own crib from day one...I want to do the same with this baby.
July 28th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I hear so many things about a baby having own room like it's the norm especially when they display it on tv. But in reality, who has extra rooms just lying around?! True I have a 4 bedroom house but it's shared with my sister and brother in law, including me and hubby. So that's 2 rooms gone, then we need another room for an office, etc. Then the last room downstairs is guest room for my mother in law who will be staying for 6 months. So basically baby will be staying with us until she's about a year old. After she's older, we will find a way to switch the rooms up so she can have her own. Lol this is our plan. We will see if it changes later...Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search