Please excuse me while I vent.....

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Regular
Ok...it's been a crazy month and I'm driving myself crazy over here! I had a job interview for a teaching job Friday, but I won't know whether or not I got it until Monday (I hope). The interview went really well, the administration has been very open in their communication so I am confident they will let me know yes or no. They just have to set a higher position before they can fill the others....since it's my first year I'm going for one of the others.

This is our first month the I didn't have a paycheck and it's definitely wearing on me already...oh and lets add the fact that it's very likely that I won't get another until SEPTEMBER!!!! DH has been trying to work over time to help make up, but the more he works the more we spend in gas and the more they tax the hell out of him....I'm starting to think it's just not worth it. I've cut costs everywhere I can...I've cut down our grocery budget to MAX $60/week that's 3 squares a day plus snacks and drinks for 2 garbage guts and a pregnant lady. I'm pretty sure that's a miracle that I can even pull that off with how much we eat.

There's just a lot that I need to finalize and know, but I can't know any answers until I know about this job. But, what I do know is that we're going to have to ask DH's parents for money I just feel completely helpless. No matter what I do with our budget we end up coming up short. We're spending almost $100/week on gas alone. We're pretty much down to driving one car which means DS and I don't go anywhere during the day. And there's nothing I can do about that, that's getting DH to and from work.

I'm just tired.....of everything. I know being this stressed isn't good for me, but there's nothing else I can do other than break down. DH knows it's tight...I just hate telling him that we're not even able to keep ourselves afloat right now. There's more I could rant about, but I'll save you ladies the trouble.....just had to get that off my chest. If you think about it, please say a little prayer for me....getting this job could be the end of financial struggles for us.
July 27th, 2014, 02:48 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
I hope you get good news Monday! We're facing the same thing in a few months. I work as a nanny so I more than likely won't have a job after baby comes. I let them know that I'd be happy to come back, but baby has to come, too. We'll see how that goes. If I don't go back to work, things will be incredibly tight. My paycheck is what pays hubby's tuition and he still has a year to go. I don't know how we're going to pay if I don't work. To help from feeling super overwhelmed I keep telling myself that it'll all work out. Eventually I may even start believing it.
July 27th, 2014, 06:02 AM
lizbitz16's Avatar Veteran
Crazy world! If you don't mind me asking, what ISD did you interview? I'm doing Texas Teachers alternative route right now (been going to Grand Prairie every day for past week for sessions) and had planned on becoming a teacher next year because I am pregnant and would have to take leave in October. What did admin say about being pregnant and due basically halfway through the school year??

July 27th, 2014, 06:21 AM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get the job. I think you have a really great attitude, and you're trying your best to secure employment ASAP. There are plenty of people I see asking relatives for money, that do not have that level of motivation. Your positive attitude will go far in helping you land a job, hopefully sooner rather than later. Keep your head up.
July 27th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Regular
It was not in the metroplex, it was more in central texas. My pregnancy did not come up during the interview so I didn't mention it and don't plan to until I have a contract signed. But, I also plan on working up until my due date. The way it is now, unless he comes early, I'll start my leave just before thanksgiving break and come back after Christmas break. That way I'd only end up using max 4 weeks of leave. I plan on doing it that way because not only is it smart, but it ups my chances of getting a contract for the next year.
July 27th, 2014, 10:59 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sorry. Money troubles are the worst! No matter where you try to save something always comes up!

I hope you hear good news on the job soon!

July 28th, 2014, 07:56 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry.

Money is so stressful.

I will keep you in my thoughts that you get this job! Please keep us posted on that. Fingers crossed.

The good thing is that you do have people you can ask for help if needed. I hate borrowing too, but sometimes there just is no way around it.

Hang in there.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 28th, 2014, 09:44 AM
QuinnBaby's Avatar Veteran
This is only a season. Those are the words that I keep repeating to myself over and over. Times are tough right now, but keep your head up and I promise it will get better! Praying for you!!

July 28th, 2014, 12:17 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope that you get the job!

However, if for some reason you don't, I would offer the opinion that "neglecting to mention" a 24 week pregnancy is not a surprise a new employer might view favorably. Yes, I know it's not legal to make hiring choices based on pregnancy or intended pregnancy. But the simple fact is, most employers are not going to be happy to find out that a new hire was not honest with them upfront about needing four/six/eight weeks off so soon after being hired.

It's one thing to get hired and then find out, but another thing entirely to be more than half way through the pregnancy.

Just something to think about. I understand you're in a bad spot financially right now, but if you undermine the trust of a new employer, you may find that you're not asked back.

And on another note, I don't think there is wrong or embarrassing or shameful with asking for a loan when help is needed. It's a loan, not a handout. When we had to replace my husband's car, I spoke to my parents about it. We were going to need to borrow money, so we were going to pay interest to a bank so why not pay interest to family? At least the money goes to someone you know! We got loan information from the bank, and then asked my parents about the same amount with the same interest rate. It was win-win.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
July 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
lizbitz16's Avatar Veteran
Hoping for good news for you! I spoke with my teaching advisor about applying pregnant (because I have the same intent) and she said principals see it all the tome, and as long as you show you're committed its rarely an issue. Fingers crossed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search