Spent a couple hours in L/D last night!!

Forum: Due Date Club of November 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KellJoO
  • 1 Post By BABY3.
  • 1 Post By Angelamomtomany
  • 1 Post By Raunchero

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of November 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Veteran
So, the leaking fluid I had a week or so ago, came back last night. I called my after hours nurse, she told me there was no way to tell whether it was amniotic fluid or urine without going in and getting it checked out, so we went to the ER. After doing two cotton swab tests, another cotton swab test, and checking my urine, I tested negative for fluids. She also checked my cervix and it was "perfect". I'd rather go to the ER a million times for false alarms than staying home and it being something serious. I also found out some kind of relieving news. Everything I read on Google says that if you're leaking fluids they induce you within 24 hours. That's only the case if your pregnancy is term. If you're preterm, they will try to stop the labor, if you're contracting. If you stop contracting, they will give you the steroid for the baby's lungs, and try to keep you pregnant for as long as possible. They also start you on antibiotics to keep the infection away. That gives me a little more peace of mind. (:
Baby #1 due to arrive mid-november

July 28th, 2014, 11:27 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything is ok. Did they tell you what you were leaking then? Just normal bodily fluids us women create?
kaitkait1992 likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
So glad it wasn't anything baby related. & yes I've had that shot before to stop contractions (after I fell down when I was 8mo with my first). It's like drinking a gallon of caffeine at one time. No fun at all. ..but it's at least comforting to know they can try to stop it somehow!
kaitkait1992 likes this.

#3 it's a BOY!!

July 28th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you are okay.
kaitkait1992 likes this.

July 29th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Glad everything is ok.
What was the fluid? I'm sure they could probably tell?
kaitkait1992 likes this.

July 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Veteran
She said that it was urine leakage mixed with a normal discharge. The urine leaking with it just made it seem a lot more watery. She actually told me the best way to tell is to smell the tp every time I wipe. She said if it ever doesn't smell like my normal urine/discharge, and I'm constantly leaking something, then to call the OB or come to L/D.
Baby #1 due to arrive mid-november

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search