Spring allergies and migranes

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 04:22 PM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you all doing to deal with head aches and allergies? Last time I was pregnant Tylenol was safe, now it's not. I feel like I no options.

April 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For my migraines I usually take tylenol #3 or fioricet with codiene. After 13 weeks I've been okayed for excedrin, but I am going to double check that with my OB. The midwife okayed it, but last time my OB said a big NO. The codiene makes me really sick though and not worth taking either med so I haven't been taking them much. The phenergan actually does better for me for my pain then the pain meds anway, but it only works if I take it a a certain time/point during my migraines, usually when its not at its peak and I'm not already puking my guts out. Either at the start or at the end.Other then medications, I have also been going to the chiro. I started to get another migraine Wed morning and I went to the chiro and between him and rest it was gone by the time I woke up later that day (I went after I got out of work from the night before). I'm also considering doing massage as there is one just down the road that's rather inexpensive, but I don't usually have time to go by myself. I almost always have the kids with me and what's a massage if I have to take the kids?
April 11th, 2014, 06:23 PM
kellyowens's Avatar forever learning
Norco, Vicoden, and Tylenol 3 are all safe for migraines. I took Norco earlier this pg and it was okayed by my RE .

Where did you hear tylenol was a no-no?

I take flovent, albuterol as needed, claritin, and benadryl for asthma/allergies (I take the benadryl at night to help with m/s and sleep also).

I know some women swear by using a neti-pot, but I have never used it since I have to be on the meds anyway due to asthma and my symptoms are pretty well controlled, but it may be worth a try.

#10 due 11/15/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search