First glass pregnant wine...

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Veteran
I said that depending on how vulnerable the fetus is. And each one is different that they can get fas. I didn't say that the everyone in the past has FAS. You never know what can really harm your baby. I personally have known women you drank there whole pregnancy and there baby was healthy. And a girl I know her kid has FAE (fetal alcohol effects) off of drinking and not knowing she was pregnant till she was 7 or 8 weeks I think. If u want to have a glass of wine here and there then go for it I was just giving some information that I was given on college.
April 30th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Veteran
I was so looking forward to flip flops, a fire, and a ice cold beer this summer. I am not much of a drinker but I enjoy having a beer with my friends. I guess this year I am SOL.

I do however take communion 2x a month.
And Baby Makes 3 likes this.
Madi (09.02.05) & Kyler (10.11.07)
&
April 30th, 2014, 02:39 PM
And Baby Makes 3's Avatar Super Mommy
I was so looking forward to taking my kids Cedar Point this summer. I can still take them, but I can't ride anything with them. *pouts*
April 30th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Veteran
I LOVE CP!!! My favorite amusement park on earth!!

April 30th, 2014, 04:03 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopin2bpreggermeggers View Post
Handling these cases before, I believe they have determined a time period when a fetus is more susceptible to FAS (and, like everything else if I remember correctly, it is in the ~6-10 weeks range). Plus, it seems to be the total number of drinks over pregnancy and not necessarily the amount in one time setting. Alcohol Risk to Fetus Is Highest at End of 1st Trimester | Fetal Alcohol Syndrome & Drinking During Pregnancy | LiveScience
Wow, really 6-10w??? Did not know that. But if you think about it this is when a huge amount of brain and nerve growth happens. Scary when you think about the number of women who don't know they are pregnant until 8-12w.

Before I knew I was pg with DS#1 I got SMASHED! We hosted Thanksgiving at our house that year and step-MIL, MIL, & my mom in the same house was a bad plan! I found out I was pg the Monday after Thanksgiving. I was only 4w but so scared I had hurt him. We were NOT TTC at the time so I didn't think a thing about drinking wine (lots of wine). DS is fine! But it is still something I feel so bad about.

April 30th, 2014, 04:11 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
That's the thing, timing, amount and many other factors play into FAS but to hear some people and doctors talk about it, you can end up with every symptom from smelling wine across the table. Ok, ok that's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

The vast majority of women who are not TTC have no idea they are pregnant for weeks. Some doctors won't even see you until you have missed two periods. That's a lot of time, and a lot of potential drinks. Even a light/social drinker will probably have more than 20 servings of alcohol in six weeks! Especially since the average wine glass is two or more servings!!!!

I think the fear mongering causes so much unnessary stress and guilt for the expectant mother. And yes, I think that's what I think it is to a large extent.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search