Diaper Bags....

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By CooperDupersMomma
  • 1 Post By michelleH
  • 2 Post By ~*Kixs*~
  • 1 Post By BABY3.
  • 1 Post By ReaganorDean
  • 2 Post By BABY3.
  • 2 Post By NYCgirl
  • 1 Post By ~*Kixs*~
  • 2 Post By hopin2bpreggermeggers

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2014, 09:51 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies......

I am working on my registry and diaper bags came up.....

DH wants a camo one, go figure so that would be something that I'd have to get on Etsy or something. So for already moms, what do you find critical for a diaper bag? Multiple pockets ? One big pocket? How big? Zipper or snap closure?

I see a lot of one main compartment on Etsy, with smaller pockets in front. I just dont want to spend the money on a custom one then hate it later and wish I had gone with something with more pockets.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
June 17th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Honestly, I think one of the hardest things for me was picking out my diaper bag. Having to do over, I'd pick something with just a couple smaller side pockets for bottles (if you choose to use them), and 1 big zipper pocket. Mine has too many little pockets and not enough space inside the big pocket. A lot of my friends have the bookbag types and they seem to really like them a lot. Good luck, baby registries are so fun but hard work!
KellJoO likes this.
June 17th, 2014, 11:03 AM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
Target has camo diaper bags:
Diaper Dude Diaper Bag - Camouflage : Target
KellJoO likes this.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
June 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me, a zipper is a MUST! You find yourself bending over a lot with a little one and it sucks to have the content of your diaper bag fall out! Plus the zipper will keep little hands out of the diaper bag once baby gets a little older
KellJoO and BABY3. like this.

June 17th, 2014, 01:24 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
The zipper for me a is MUST! I can't count how many times I have dropped the bag or it has gone sliding across the truck while driving. You do not want everything falling out. ..or little hands getting in.

As for the 100 compartments.. I didn't find them useful. I breastfeed exclusively so I didn't need space for keeping extra bottles separate or stuff like that. I mainly transport diapers, wipes, change of clothes.. Larger items.. I prefer using a huge purse style and just tossing everything in one compartment. Sorting? I AIN'T GOT NO TIME FOR THAT. Haha!!
KellJoO likes this.

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
June 17th, 2014, 02:49 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I love my Ju-Ju-Be BFF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPt2ZfCR_Ho

June 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I would just go buy a nice sturdy backpack. I bought an over the shoulder one the last time with multiple pockets and it was a mess. It had a velcro strap to keep the front on it, and the front would always fall off. We wanted to get one that DH would feel comfy carrying around too, so we went with black.
NYCgirl likes this.
June 17th, 2014, 04:07 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
Also.. for those girls that will be dropping the baby at Grandma's for the day.. or daycare.. or wherever.. I recommend getting a second (cheaper) bag for them. Let's say you are running to the grocery store and want to quick grab your bag & baby & go! Well you don't need extra bottles and clothes and snacks and toys and 500 other things in there (as you would have prepared to send the baby off for an entire day) you just need some diapers & wipes & you're outta there! Ya know what I mean?! There's definitely 2 different types of "diaper bags" you'll need packed on the regular to keep life easy. One for long trips.. One for short.
KellJoO and CooperDupersMomma like this.

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
June 17th, 2014, 04:33 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Keeping a bag in your car is helpful too. I don't always carry a bag.

June 17th, 2014, 04:42 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgirl View Post
Keeping a bag in your car is helpful too. I don't always carry a bag.
I had a little changing mat w/a pouch that would hold a spare diaper, wipes, and outfit. Kept that in the car and it was a lifesaver!!! When you are out for the day you will always pack one LESS diaper than you really need.

It looked something like this. Although they have a lot cuter ones now. This is just a basic one. Diaper Genie On-The-Go Changing Kit : Target
KellJoO likes this.

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; June 17th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.
June 17th, 2014, 04:47 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
TOTALLY what they said! ^

Car bag is a MUST!

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
June 17th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Hmmm a lot more to think about than i thought. For those who have backpacks, did you wear baby? Because i like the idea of the backpack but wonder if the straps would mess with wearing baby in the front...

Or maybe i'll just get my husband to carry my bags! Ah!

My Ovulation Chart

June 17th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganorDean View Post
Honestly I would just go buy a nice sturdy backpack. I bought an over the shoulder one the last time with multiple pockets and it was a mess. It had a velcro strap to keep the front on it, and the front would always fall off. We wanted to get one that DH would feel comfy carrying around too, so we went with black.

When I was pg with #1 we got a free diaperbag backpack from drugstore.com and I put it aside. later it ended up being our main bag! Now I plan on going straight to a backpack. My sister got a sturdy one and I might get the same. She packs it for airplane trips and it has been super useful!

As far as wearing bag I never had a problem. I mostly used the sling so one side would have baby and the other side I would have the one strap of the back pack.

We also set up our van as a changing table and have everything there. I am thinking of putting up a shoe holder type things with everything for the back of our van. I know with #2 I would forget my diaper bag way too often! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IIbe-m8mJe...Mk/s1600/5.JPG
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Last edited by Lucy S.; June 17th, 2014 at 11:24 PM.
June 18th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Ditto to:

1) Big pocket. Dump the little pockets (only thing that was good for was the tylenol bottle we kept in there)

2) At least 2 bags. I had one backpack for the car which held emergency supplies in case we were on the go. And one for everywhere else.

I would also add don't buy expensive ones. I was gifted a vera bradley one at my shower. By 6 months, it had squashed peas, apple sauce, milk and poop all over it. If you're going to spend your own money (or someone's money), I would get a sturdy but reasonably priced one.

Just my two cents.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search