Amniotic Fluid, Urine, or Discharge?

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Raunchero
  • 1 Post By jrchubbycheeks
  • 1 Post By michelleH
  • 1 Post By jellis82
  • 1 Post By NYCgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2014, 11:07 AM
Veteran
So, we all know by now I am the worry wart FTM. I worry about every single little thing. My fiance says it's almost like I'm just looking for things to worry about, and he's right. I just can't seem to stop being paranoid! Tomorrow can't get here fast enough. I can't wait to get everything checked out. I'm sure this is nothing, but for the past couple of days my panties have been getting wet spots. However, I don't feel a trickle or gush. I've read so many posts on google where women describe amniotic leaks as all kinds of different things. Some say it smells almost too sweet; others say it smells like bleach. A hand full say that it doesn't smell at all. Does anyone really know how to tell if it's amniotic fluid?
Baby #1 due to arrive mid-november

July 21st, 2014, 11:52 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Are you sure it isn't just discharge? I wear a liner because it seems like I have a lot of stuff going on down there. It's completely normal. Why do you think it's amniotic fluid?

July 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM
lizbitz16's Avatar Super Mommy
I know I've been having a lot of discharge. Which is so much fun...but they're more of "spots". Dishcharge is very normal, I think you'd know if it was amniotic fluid.

July 21st, 2014, 11:59 AM
Veteran
The only reason I think it may be amniotic fluid is because I haven't really had much discharge at all until now. That, and because I'm always paranoid. I really wish I could make myself stop thinking bad thoughts. I'm praying that after tomorrow my mind is put at ease on all accounts.
Baby #1 due to arrive mid-november

July 21st, 2014, 12:10 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitkait1992 View Post
The only reason I think it may be amniotic fluid is because I haven't really had much discharge at all until now. That, and because I'm always paranoid. I really wish I could make myself stop thinking bad thoughts. I'm praying that after tomorrow my mind is put at ease on all accounts.
Are you reading any books? Like "what to expect when expecting" ?

I think with someone in your case that worries a lot it might help you to know what's normal. I find that book soothing because I can look at what I have going on and say check check check...
kaitkait1992 likes this.

July 21st, 2014, 12:31 PM
Veteran
It's probably just an increase in discharge which is very normal around this time. Definitely mention it to your provider if only for the reassurance. ((hugs))
kaitkait1992 likes this.

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
July 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
Discharge is 100% normal. I have had it constantly for almost my entire pregnancy.
kaitkait1992 likes this.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
July 21st, 2014, 01:36 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sure it's just discharge. Mine has really increased the last month or so. Some days I have to change my underwear midway through the day.
kaitkait1992 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 21st, 2014, 05:35 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Yup totally normal. I have to wear a pantie liner all the time too! Oh the joys of pregnancy.
kaitkait1992 likes this.

July 23rd, 2014, 03:10 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like discharge. I hope your doctor can put your mind at ease.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search