Appt update & u/s pics!

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By BeckyandLincoln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Regular
So me and dh went to the appointment, knowing nothing except that the midwife wanted us to have another ultrasound. We had to fill out a bunch of paper work about our families' medical histories which we thought was weird when we were just there for an ultrasound. we had to talk to a genetic counselor before the ultrasound, and found out the reason why the midwife wanted another one. I guess there was some calcium in babies heart, which could be a sign for down syndrome. The counselor was saying though that the calcium is common in 5% of babies before theyre born, and most are perfectly fine. There were no other signs of down syndrome on either ultrasound, and because of mine and dh's ages theyre not concerned about it and think baby will be fine. We could have had blood tests and amniocentisis done, but we declined that. If baby does have down syndrome then those things wouldnt be changing anything.... we would still have baby. And if I had done the amnio she said there would be a greater risk of having a miscarriage due to the amnio than there is a risk of baby having down syndrom. The chance of baby having that is 0.1%. I figured, no reason to do unneccesary tests and risk losing baby for unneccesary reasons. We got some 3-d pics and she looks like shes going to be a cute baby!
The sonographer said she weighs 1lb 5oz and already has a large wingspan, so shes probably going to be tall (which wouldnt surprise me much, dh is 6'7")

July 26th, 2014, 12:22 PM
MommyOf22014's Avatar Sarah
Awww very cute pictures. I love them!!!!!

July 26th, 2014, 02:55 PM
kixsgc's Avatar Veteran
those pictures are adorable! glad everything looked well!

Our Rainbow baby <3
Henry David- 11.11.14<3

July 26th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Awe those pics are so sweet.

July 26th, 2014, 03:56 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
AWWWW!! How cute! Those are great photos!

& I would have made the same decision you did. I'm sure everything will be just fine with your little princess Those kiddos really like to make us worry sometimes.

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
July 26th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Rose
Aww those are great pictures! What a sweet little face
July 26th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Veteran
Those pictures are fantastic! <3

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
July 26th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great Pictures!
July 26th, 2014, 05:55 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Such cute pictures. Sorry your midwife kind of blindsided you and didn't tell you why you were there though. Probably would have been nice to have the heads up, and I'm glad the doctor doesn't think you have much cause for worry. I'm with you that I wouldn't have opted for the amnio either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search