Unplanned hospital visit today

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jellis82

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Regular
Me and dh decided to go to the dollar tree and get a couple things we needed. Everythig was fine. Then when we get to the checkout I felt super hot, and dizzy, I let dh know, he said I could go to the car and get the air conditioning started, I told him I dont think I could walk that far by myself. Then I guess he had noticed I was kinda shaky, so he held onto me, and I ended up fainting for about 30 seconds or so. Went to the hospital, babys fine. They did blood tests & found out my blood sugar was slightly low, and they think it mightve been caused by my not eating anything other than a few handfuls of chexmix... we basically woke up, dh showered, then we went to the store, id planned to eat after we got home. Im a little confused how not eating could cause that since it hasnt happened before when I havent eaten? i have fainted one other time though, when I was 9 or 10, due to being too hot. Dh had to call and let his work know though, and ended up being 2 1/2 hours late for work....but at least baby was ok. I kinda feel dumb for going to the hospital though and then finding out nothings wrong or not much is wrong.
July 27th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Rose
Well we have had similar days! I'm so glad everything is ok. You shouldn't feel silly for going to the hospital. It's always better to know.
July 27th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Veteran
Glad baby is ok! Hang in there!

Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 13 year old Sanura, 10 year old Adrian, 8 year old Nevaeh, 6 year old Lincoln, 1 year old Charlotte, and new addition: Harper Ellen coming around Thanksgiving!
July 27th, 2014, 10:55 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't feel silly for going to the hospital, it's way better to be safe than sorry. I had a few instances of severe dizziness and feeling like I was going to pass out during my last pregnancy, I never actually passed out but it was scary enough anyways. Take care of yourself!
KellJoO likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 28th, 2014, 06:41 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! So glad you're both ok.

I got the same way early in this pregnancy from low blood sugar. I hadn't eaten in several hours and let it go too far, I didn't faint, but I was close. I had to go sit down, cool off, and get some sugar in me. Just as you described though, shaky....dizy...hot...

Don't feel silly for going to the hospital...the important thing is to check and make sure you and the baby are ok! There is never any harm in that!

I've learned to try and always keep some sort of snack with me, or munch during the day so it doesn't happen again. Take care!

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 28th, 2014, 08:34 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Glad your ok! Better safe than sorry
DS3- Born 11/4/14
July 28th, 2014, 12:53 PM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
Better safe than sorry! That is scary! I would have gone too. Glad everything looks ok. We should all go eat a snack

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
July 28th, 2014, 04:00 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you and baby are okay! And don't feel silly about going in at all! You did the right thing. A healthy mama and healthy baby are most important.

I have been having dizziness episodes the last month or so. Have not actually passed out but have to sit down b/c I thought I was going to. Brought it up with my OB today and he said it is more common with subsequent pregnancies b/c something about your pelvic area is more stretched out (b/c of the previous pregnancy/pregnancies) so it easier for more pressure to be put on some vein or something...it was a bunch of doctor talk. But he assured me it was normal, to drink more water, and to call him ASAP if I did actually faint.

July 28th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are okay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search