Uhhhhh why??

Forum: **NEW** November 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** November 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I was in the shower and my OB called and left a voicemail AFTER they closed. Voicemail said I failed my 1 hour test. Do not understand this at all. I passed with low low numbers with my first two boys and I just lost over 100 lbs and now I fail the dang thing? So depressed about this. Grrr. I even fasted for it even though they said I could eat a lil protein.

Now I have to call Monday and set up the 3 hr. I really hope I dont have GD for my last pregnancy....
DS3- Born 11/4/14

Last edited by MomTo3LittleBoys; August 15th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
August 15th, 2014, 12:35 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
Fasting might have been why, your body processes differently when you have no carbs in it, that's why us with gd have to test in the morning for keytones to make sure we are enough. I hope you pass your 3hr, there are a few of is with gd already
August 15th, 2014, 02:00 PM
michelleH's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree, the fasting may have been some of the problem. Also, with all that weight loss, you may have become somewhat insulin resistant depending on what you did to lose it.

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
August 15th, 2014, 04:58 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I opted out of the three hour because of my strong familial history of type II and the fact that I had GD last pregnancy. I was very dilligent about not gaining as much weight this pregnancy even though I started out about 20 pounds overweight. I too was upset, because I felt like I worked harder and I REALLY tried. I opted out of the three hour because I failed with a 192, so it needs to be managed. I feel depressed about it as well, as the last time I had a 145, and was taking much less care of myself than I am today. The only thing I can think of, is genetics and that I'm three and a half years older...

It really stinks, I know, but like others have said, there's a bunch of us here if you do get stuck with it.

The bright side, is that you have a definete end date if you do end up with it because of your c section.

I hope you pass your three hour.
August 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny2000 View Post
Fasting might have been why, your body processes differently when you have no carbs in it

I did not know this. My doctors office told me to fast for the 1 hour for this pregnancy as well as my last and both times I failed it. Now I'm thinking this is why...

I've read that a lot of women fail the 1 hour and go on to pass the 3 hour. During my last pregnancy I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour. This pregnancy I also failed the 1 hour. I took my 3 hour last Friday and haven't heard back so I'm assuming I passed it. I'll find out for sure at my 28 week appointment on Monday.

Hope you pass your 3 hour test!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 15th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks ladies. I found out a lot of my friends have failed the 1 hr and none of them ended up with it. So trying not to freak yet but I am upset.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
August 16th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Another thing - if you have been doing well with eating correctly, chugging a bottle full of chemicals makes your system go "hey!!!! What the heck is THIS?????"

In your normal life, do you fast and then put your body into sugar shock? Probably not.

One angel baby - 1/22/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
August 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Talked to the nurse today. I asked what my results were and I had to get under 135 to pass and I got 135!!!! Soo mad LOL! Lets hope that means my chances of passing the next are good. I go on Fri morning.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
August 18th, 2014, 12:34 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you will be fine for the 3 hour then! How frustrating to be right on the edge like that.

August 18th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I just left my appointment, we have decided to take the test. However, she did tell us that if we fail by five or less, they count it as a pass. I'm thankful for that!

One angel baby - 1/22/14

August 18th, 2014, 02:40 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They lowered the number again for passing. Three years ago it was 140. They keep making it harder and harder to pass. I would say you have a good chance of passing. Goodluck.
August 18th, 2014, 03:17 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
I only failed by 1pt during pg #4 and ended up failing the 3hr so just be mentally prepared for that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search