Liz's Pregnancy Journal!

Mermaid's Cove!

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mermaid's Cove! LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM
NinjaMomma's Avatar Veteran
What fun! I'd love a place to put all my thoughts about pregnancy and baby things!

An introduction of me, how my husband and I met and ended up where we are.

I am almost 34y/o, attending Liberty University Online working towards elementary education. My husband, Andy, and I have been married 9 years in April. We met online through Yahoo! personals. We met online Dec 26, 2004, met in person Jan 7th, 2005, I moved to his city Jan 17th, 2005, we got engaged March 25, 2005 and married April 23, 2005! It was pretty fast and my mom did an amazing job planning a great spring outdoor wedding.

Here are answers to a few questions ya'll might have.

What happened to DH? He was in a motorcycle wreck when he was 19 (in 1994), went off a mountain and broke his back, collar bones, shoulder blades and some ribs. He barely has use of his tob abdominal muscles.

Did you know him before the accident? No, I've only known DH as a paraplegic...yet when I dream about him, he walks.

ANY other questions you have, no matter how TMI, I am an open book and would love to educate other people. Just ask!

We were married for 1year 4 months before deciding to try for a baby. We got pregnant on our first try! On April 17, 2007 our son Elijah was born...with a cleft lip and palate. Gosh I miss that face I first fell in love with!

The day before his first surgery: 2.5months.

11months.

Almost 7!!

Then 2years 9months later...Charlotte was born! :wbu:

Now, 4years old.

And now when this one is born Charlotte will be 4 years 8mo older.

Of course I don't have any u/s pictures available to me, but I have an appointment tomorrow (Thursday 1:45 PST) for another one to see if the doc can tell me the gender. I made this card for her to check off what the gender is. DH can't make it to the appointment, so we'll open the envelope when he gets home!

March 6th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Veteran
I've been dying to hear your story! So glad you wrote it out. What are some of the challenges having a parapeligic husband? Do you have a service dog or nurse or anyone to help you out?
March 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
NinjaMomma's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms22 View Post
I've been dying to hear your story! So glad you wrote it out. What are some of the challenges having a parapeligic husband? Do you have a service dog or nurse or anyone to help you out?
Our biggest challenge right now is finding a house that isn't two story...lol that is why we are in an apartment right now.

He doesn't have a service dog or a nurse. He 100% takes care of himself! works a full time job with the state and a part time job with Lay-Z-Boy corporate office. Sometimes I'll need to help him if his chair slips away from him getting out of bed, or if he gets stuck on his back on the bed. I tease him that I married him for the parking spots and lines at Disneyland. LOL that is the kid of attitude we have towards it. When he can't reach something I'll tease him and make my arms short like a Trex...he teases me about my memory and losing things. That is just how we are.

ETA: there are certain vacations we can't do, but we try to research things and make sure they would be worth while and includes the entire family, not just me and the kids.

We have also gotten pregnant on our own. We have a special vibrator purchased by insurance that helps get the swimmers. I then use a syringe to get those guys as close to my cervix as possible. We have been VERY blessed with how easily we get pregnant. He was married before me and they never got pregnant...our first try we got pregnant.

Last edited by NinjaMomma; March 6th, 2014 at 12:15 PM.
March 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Veteran
Wow that's fantastic! Sounds like you guys have a wonderful family. I was also wondering how you got pregnant, but that seemed too personal of a question LOL. How cool, especially that insurance covered the required tools!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search