you have to endure the storm to enjoy the rainbow

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By butterflies.in.a.jar
  • 1 Post By butterflies.in.a.jar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 09:59 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
This is gonna be my pregnancy journal! My little rainbow baby is due October 15th!

I will add better/more info later, but for now it'll be a jumble.

belly measurement from hips to belly button:

5 weeks- 38"
6 weeks- 38"
7 weeks- 38"
8 weeks- 38"
9 weeks- 39"

Weight:
Starting weight 160 lbs

February 3rd (5 weeks)159.5 lbs

February 10th (6 weeks) 160.5 lbs

February 18th (7 weeks) 160 lbs

February 24th (8 weeks) 162 lbs

March 3rd (9 weeks) 162.5 lbs

Round ligament pain started in the middle of the 8th week!

Dr upped my prescription for Zofran to 8mg every 8 hours on March 3rd.

The ring test says GIRL!
The Chinese gender chart says BOY!
Extreme morning sickness/cravings/moodiness/acne also says GIRL!Baking soda test done at 11 weeks on the dot came back as GIRL!! (No fizz at all)

March 11th- My first appointment! Doctor was in a huge rush, and didn't want to take the time to get a good picture on my ultrasound, so he scheduled a full diagnostic ultrasound at the hospital for tomorrow. Baby's heart was beating away at 160-170 BPM. Tomorrow should show us more. No pictures, and didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but at least we saw it beating.

March 12th- Full diagnostic ultrasound at the hospital. Baby was moving around like crazy. Everything is healthy, but baby is only 9 weeks even, as opposed to the 10 we thought. So my EDD has been moved to October 15th. Heart is still beating at 179 BPM. Everything else is healthy thank god!!!

March 25th- first midwife appointment with a new midwife! First off I want to say that I adore her right off the bat. We connect very well. The appointment went well, but we could not find baby on the Doppler for more than a few seconds at a time. She wasn't worried, because at 11 weeks baby is still small. She estimated my due date by when we are pretty sure we concieved (Jan 18th) and she estimated my due date to be October 11th then. But the 15th due date will give us a tiny bit more time, so she is gonna leave it at that. She was slightly concerned about Killian being small, so she would like to request the results of the newborn assessment from when he was born to try to figure out if there was anything actually wrong with him. She believes the OB was withholding something from me because there is no reason for him to have been completely healthy but they said he was a 34 weeker, with no other explanation to me. Either way, I am hoping to continue to work with her.

March 31st- NT scan at a high risk center out of town- First of all, this Dr (Dr Grant) wanted to talk about Killian and his pregnancy. She said that based on how big I was at birth, and the way he was growing before and after birth, and the fact that he (and his cord and placenta) were completely healthy, she doesn't think it was IUGR at all. She believes he was just "SGA" which is small for gestational age. Basically just means that because I was small and still am not a very big person that I may just have smaller babies. Anyway, aboutvthe scan. Everything on the scan was measuring healthy for how far along I am. She was going to send me the exact measurements, but she said there is no evidence of any genetic abnormalities on the scan. Baby's heart was beating away at 166 bpm. Blood was drawn for the second part of the test, and those results will be back in 3-5 days. I have an anterior placenta again, but its at the top. She said thinking about the uterus as being in the shape of a lightbulb, my placenta is on the dome part. Baby's cord is attached dead center in it I got 11 pictures! They also sent me home with a beautiful childrens book called "Angel in the waters". It was all together a great appointment!
Hopolka and HalfDozen like this.
Team PINK!!!

Last edited by butterflies.in.a.jar; March 31st, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
March 6th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Sounds like you're growing perfectly. Are you hoping for one gender over the other?
March 6th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping for a girl this time around
Hopolka likes this.
Team PINK!!!
March 27th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Updated March 27th!!
Team PINK!!!
March 31st, 2014, 09:25 PM