Baby Polkie #2's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
22 weeks:

Starting to feel like a busted can of biscuits by the end of the day. Though I'm still barely looking pregnant, I sure feel it. And Liam thinks it's play time at 10p on the dot every night. For the last 30 minutes he's been having a dance party in there and now I'm feeling hungry.

I've also been training for a 5k June 14th but it's been going pretty well. I've been averaging about about 12-14 minute mile while pushing a jogging stroller. Still only jogging 1-2 minute intervals though. Going to try to get a bellaband or something to wear while I jog so I don't have to worry about a panty liner in case I wet myself. lol!

Still no word from the doc after the last scan. I may call tomorrow to see what they're thinking since my next appointment isn't for another 2.5/3 weeks.

I've also been feeling Braxton Hicks already. Not lasting very long but definitely there. Makes me wonder how early we'll go with this babe and sometimes worries me but I know it can be perfectly normal. We are only a month out of the third tri and a couple weeks out of viability. Crazy!

Until next time...
July 8th, 2014, 06:52 PM
27w5d:

Holy cow, it's been a while since I've updated. Guess June was a busy month! I managed to get a few large projects done around the house like prep DD's new "big girl" room and repaint the nursery. Plus, my mom purchased some second hand clothing ranging from newborn to 18 months for little man. Makes me feel a bit better knowing he now has a place to sleep and clothes for his back.

Symptom wise I'm starting to feel the third tri aches and pains. While I don't remember as many with DD, I'm trying to just deal with them as they come. Things like:

-fatigue
-frequent urination (as if that ever let up)
-sleeplessness
-labor dreams
-braxton hicks contractions
-leaking breasts
-shortness of breathe
-increased appetite
-tailbone/hip pain
-round ligament pain

Most of these I've had since 18 weeks but most recently I've started having the aching hips. I'm almost 99% sure it's from the increased weight gain the last month or so. My hips just haven't had time to adjust and each week he's growing more and more. Luckily there's only about 11-12 weeks left.

I have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday where I'll get my GTT done and we'll discuss being seen every two weeks until 36 weeks and then every week. I seriously cannot believe this pregnancy is almost over. I feel like I haven't even had time to enjoy it. And I really don't think I know what's in store for me with two children. It's going to be a wild ride that's for sure!

Until next time...
July 22nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
29w5d:

Been a busy few weeks. A girlfriend of mine is due only a few days after me and had to go to her doctor because of some pretty major contractions. She's already softening and the doc thinks she'll have baby within the next 4-5 weeks.

That being said, I've been watching her daughter to help them out while they move. In addition, I've been trying to upkeep on the house and my own ornery toddler whose in the beginnings of some terrible twos.

Both my energy and my patience are running out and DH has been gone for almost 3 weeks for work. I can't imagine those of you whose SO are gone for months at a time. We've managed and groceries have certainly been cheaper but now that we're almost down to the last 7-10 weeks my body just can't keep up with everything. I've found I have to break my house work up into about 3 days worth. One day is dusting and vacuuming, the next is the toilets and kitchen, the last is laundry and basement.

The good news is I did get to finally sort through some more of Liam's clothes and get those organized with the rest into a tub. And, I made a quilt for him last week that I just need to whip stitch closed. The car seat, cover, base, and stroller are stowed in the garage ready to be installed and his room has been painted. All that's left is to dig out our bassinet, gather some nursing supplies, and finish buying his bedding set. Feeling pretty good at this point just wish the garage was cleaned out and a couple other things were organized. Hopefully if DH comes home this weekend he can help with that.

Hard to believe there's just a mere 70+ days left. Doesn't seem like it's gone that fast. Though I will admit in the middle of the night when he's trying to bust through my side I'm glad we're down to mere days instead of 6 months.

Tailbone is still bothering me but not as much. I've just learned not to sit directly on it and lounge when I can. Breasts have been leaking some and feeling more full. No new stretch marks- yet. Just lots of round ligament pain and BH contractions.

My next appointment is in 3 weeks and then we'll go to every two weeks. The end is near!

Until next time...
July 22nd, 2014, 12:03 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your tailbone is better, I was wondering how you were doing ! Wow for your friend who's baby might be here in 4-5 weeks... incredible that she is due around the same time as us. The end is near indeed!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search