Karin and Scooter's First Pregnancy Journal!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
37w2d - Whew, busy day.
Super quick update tonight. It's been a super busy day that involved getting up early, taking my Jeep to the dealer for service, taking DH to work, going to work myself at the Park until 2, running home, showering, picking up DH at work, going to the OB, picking up my Jeep, grabbing a quick bite for dinner, FaceTime with my folks, quick bath, packing for our weekend getaway, and doing laundry.

Yep, that was my day.

Oh, and I'm being induced on Jan 22, unless Scooter arrives before hand, which my perinatologist is pretty darned sure he will

I am 2cm dilated, have a favorable cervix, and she is very pleased with how I look right now...she is really convinced I will go on my own, but doesn't want to wait much longer than the 39 week mark.

So................that's my news!

I will probably be MIA for the next few days as DH treats me to a relaxing staycation, but I will check/read from my phone occasionally. ForumRunner is acting up again, so I can read but not post right now. Hopefully, they will fix soon.

x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
37w3d - Got my hairs did.
It's been quite a day...again. Up early after a craptastic night's sleep. My heartburn meds are no longer keeping it under control, so I am waking up several times a night just because of that. It's too late in the game to mess with changing anything, so I'm just supplementing with Tums and trying to sleep as upright as possible. My hip and shoulder are still hurting, and I know it's from pressure points, but I can only sleep on my one side, if I flip to the other side, it's uber uncomfortable, and I end up rolling to my back anyway. Then there's the peeing. So, between all that, I am probably getting about 2-3 total hours of sleep each night.

This morning, I woke up early, and felt a bit queasy. It eventually subsided, but it felt first trimester-y. I had to get the dogs to the kennel early, then head to my doc for NST/AFI/BPP...right in rush hour. I usually schedule my NSTs in the mid-afternoon to avoid to and fro traffic, but because of the party tonight, I had to do it in the morning.

I got done with that, pretty uneventful, though I did have one massive contraction that was pretty awesome. Everything looked great otherwise. I got home, ate an early lunch, and headed to the salon to get my hair cut and colored for what will be the last time before Scooter. My stylist worked the late shift today, so I had to see someone else, who was just ok. I like mine better, but this one did alright in the pinch. I got about 4-5 inches lopped off, and some nice high and low lights so that when it grows out, and I don't get in to keep it up, as will be inevitable with a Scooter, it won't look so bad. She put a few curls in it as well, just for the party.

I left there, picked up the dry cleaning, came home, showered, then finished packing for the weekend. I'm all set to go, got my make up done and such, and will put my dress on when we get to the hotel and check in. Just waiting for DH to get home, which should be anytime now, then we'll head out.

Whoop, there he is!

Hope everyone has a great few days...I will check in from time to time via phone, but probably not be posting much until next week.

Happy Weekend!
x

January 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
38w0d - This might be long...just because.

Where to begin? How about with the holiday party/staycation!

The party was great. We got to the hotel right on time, went up to the room to change, and I was amazed that my dress I bought for our friends wedding when i was 17 weeks pregnant still fit. Granted, I bought it a little big back then, and it has lots of stretch, but still. It was a little shorter than I would have preferred, given that it had way more belly to cover this time around, but it worked. We went to the party, and had a great time. All DH's coworkers kept commenting on how I brought sexy back to pregnancy It was a tad embarrassing, to be perfectly honest. With both of us dressed up, I am VERY sad I didn't get a picture taken of us together, though. I'm sure there are candids floating around somewhere, but nothing posed. Oh well.

I managed to close down the party around 11, and still not sure how the pregnant lady was one of the last there. DH took me back up to the room, helped me out of my dress, then went back down to the bar for a couple hours. I was happy to let him do that, he's been SO great about taking care of me and Scooter, and he needed a break/night off. He rolled in late, and I was already asleep. We slept in LATE the next day...well, he did. I was up at 6, moved to the couch in the suite because he was snoring up a storm, smelled like gin and I wanted to read. I managed to sleep more after reading for an hour or so, and woke up about 10...DH about 1030. The couch must have been pretty comfy!

We grabbed lunch at my fav deli in the area (it's right near where I used to work, and I don't get down that way much anymore), and then went to see Les Mis movie. It was FAB.

After that, we went back to the hotel, relaxed more, then ran out and got take out pizza slices from another fav place in the area that DH had never gotten to try. They have both NY style (what I like) and Chicago style (DH likes) pizza. We brought it back to the room, ate in bed, and watched TV until we got tired. It was so silly, but so fun!

The next morning, we got up, and DH had ordered room service breakfast the night before for us. What a treat! It arrived around 9, so we ate, watched more TV and relaxed, then showered. Then DH took me to the holistic wellness center to get my prenatal massage (gift certificate he bought me for our anniversary back in November!). He dropped me off, and while I was getting 75 min of pampering, he went back up north, picked up the dogs from "camp", brought them home, then came back to get me so I wouldn't have to drive all relaxed! It was a great massage...very gentle and soothing, and if I had more time left in this pregnancy, I would FOR SURE do more. I will be most certainly enjoying some post-partum ones when I have the chance, though. Count on it.

So, that was our staycation in a nutshell. Very relaxing, very odd to think this was our last little getaway before Scooter! When we got home Sat afternoon, we pretty much just relaxed, and yesterday, we went to the Safari Park for a bit to walk. It was nice and sunny, but cool, so we enjoyed a warm lunch, and later some hot cocoa while watching cheetah run. We ran by the grocery on the way home, got some basics for the week, and came home where I jumped in nice warm bath and read DH made us dinner, I snoozed on the couch, then bed!

That brings me to this morning!

Well, DH is off to work, and I am just catching up here before doing a few last minute things. Honestly, though, we are ready. I have a few this and that things to do this week, but nothing dramatic. I need to get DHs birthday gifts ordered, picked up or wrapped, (birthday is Sat). I need to pick up a few last minute things at Target, but really, we're ready.

Today and Thursday are 2 NSTs, and Fri is my last perinatologist appointment. For some reason, DH still thinks I won't make it the week, but I'm not sure. It changes every hour. I still have contractions on and off, but I think they are BH for the most part. When I walk around a lot, they come on stronger, but still nothing bad, too intense, or painful. Nor are they close together or timeable in any way.

I am feeling VERY uncomfortable, though. While I want Scooter to choose his own birthday and stay in as long as possible, I am ready, physically. My body hurts, I cannot sleep, the heartburn is at an all time high, and just doing the most basic things is annoying. I go back and forth about the induction, and some moments, I want to cancel it and go as long as I can to the 40 week mark (at which point they would induce anyway), but on the other hand, some moments I just want him here now. Honestly, I think things will play out the way they are meant to be...that's just how things roll with us.

Today, I am going to finish my JM catch up, then do some work for my job. Need to catch up with my mom (dad had cataract surgery this morning, home and doing fine), and start getting some last minute things in place (do the dogs have food, book the newborn photog, etc), then head to the NST. I really, REALLY need to make time for myself this week, because in all reality, my days left without child are numbered, 7 at most, and I want to find time this week to relax, and do things I want, and can do...whether that be watch bad daytime tv, read my kindle, take baths, go to a movie by myself, or walk the Safari Park, this is my last time for a while to do these things.

So, that's my long update, and bless you if you read it all.

Scooter is active as usual, though yesterday he was pretty quite while I was walking around all afternoon. But soon as I sat down after dinner, his antics fired right up. Kid is gonna be a handful, for sure.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and has a great week! xx

January 15th, 2013, 01:55 PM
38w1d - Stuff, stuff, and more stuff.
I can't believe that I have one week (less?) until my Scooter arrives! Scary to say the least.

In a nutshell, things are fine. I feel pretty crappy in the mornings and evenings, but nothing intolerable. My biggest complaint is that I am just so very tired. I am not sleeping for s**t, and it's catching up with me. One of my afternoon errands is a trip to Target for some various things, and on that list is something to help me sleep. I have avoided meds during this entire pregnancy, with the exception of my pepcid, but now, in the home stretch, I feel it's much more important for me to get at least a few good night's of sleep under my belt before that all goes out the window. Doc said it was perfectly fine, so I'm going with that.

DH is having a rough time at work right now, so that is stressing him out. He's got one week left to wrap things up before his leave, and he just finished his quarterly Executive week ("hell week", aptly named), so he's way behind, along with everyone else. We spent last night on the couch with him venting and being sad (he is NEVER sad), and I think he is way more stressed about Scooter's pending arrival than he even realizes and/or lets on. He's still feeling poopy today, and I wish I could cheer him up, but it's not working.

Saturday is his birthday, and I'm really hoping to have a fun day for him. We are planning to go to the Park for special donor hours before the Park opens (once a quarter offering for donor members, which is us), then he wants to go on a motorcycle ride (he rides to work every day, but that's just a few miles). I need to go up to the Harley dealer to exchange a duplicate outfit we got for Scooter, so he's going to ride up and I will drive. The plan is to get some lunch and spend the day up there. I have birthday gifts for him to open, and usually we do that after going out to a nice dinner. I mentioned going to a new nice restaurant in town for dinner, but he didn't seem to care one way or the other on that, so we will see what happens.

As for me, I've got a few last minute things to do today, and I actually got quite a few done yesterday as well. Yesterday I booked our newborn photographer (can't WAIT), ordered a big stuffed animal for Scooter, took belly pics (which suck because they are with my cell phone, as the good camera is in the hospital bag which is in my Jeep), and some other random things.

Today, I need to pick up some BF supplies at Target (was waiting to see which breast pump my insurance would cover, more on that later), and a few other this and thats, like more thank you notes. I just wrote a bunch from DH's work shower, but ran out with just about 5 left to write. Really want to get those done before Scooter is here. The maids are coming today, sometime, so I am waiting until they get here, then I'll head out to Target. Probably grab some lunch out too, since it's after noon, and I haven't eaten yet. Oh, my mom told me yesterday that she is getting our swing for us!!!! She is having it sent out this week, so it should be here soon! We are stoked, since we chose the mamaRoo!

Breast pump update. That was my last big thing to buy, but our insurance changed Jan 1, and our new insurance supposedly covers breast pumps. Took a few phone calls over a few days, and some back and forths, but basically, I had to contact 3 different DMEs (med equipment suppliers) and see which they covered for my insurance. That was the biggest pain, but finally, found one that I was able to work with. They regularly carried, in stock, some great pumps which you can get for free without a doctor prescription, but they can also special order pumps with a prescription. So, it took 2 seconds to ask my perinatologist to write me a script for the Medela Freestyle and boom! She was all too happy to provide that...it's what she used with her boys and LOVED it.

Interesting note on that. She said that sometimes, she would go "downstairs" at work to pump if she forgot to bring hers to work and she would use the hospital grade Medela one, and she said there was little to no difference for her.

So, I faxed in the script and required information, now I'm waiting for them to process the order. There is a chance it won't be covered at 100% since it was a special order, but anything I would pay would likely be nominal, and CERTAINLY not the $400 it would cost in the store. I am very excited about this!

Scooter is doing well. His NST/AFI was great yesterday, except for a brief little NST scare. About 10 min into it, the machine sent out an alarm (can you say FREAK OUT!??) She came over to check and turns out that he was just so darned active that he moved way away from the thing and the machine started picking up my heart rate, which was very different from his, so it sounded an alarm. I just had to apply more pressure until he moved back in place. I had one noticeable contraction during that 20 min period, nothing massive, but it def recorded on the output. I was scared the doc on call would send me to triage because of the drop since it probably looked bad on the output (and he is the same doc that sent me to triage last time, when Scoots probably grabbed hold of his cord for a sec), but he didn't. I'm glad, DH would have freaked out.

Still plenty of fluid, no real contractions to speak of yet, though I do have them on/off sometimes, mostly when I do too much or walk a lot. Pretty sure they are just BH though because as soon as I put my feet up and drink water, they stop for the most part. I have been feeling a little crampy this morning and going #2 a bit more the past couple days, but honestly, I think that's because I came off my iron prescription on Sat...my body is probably just regulating, but it freaks out DH. Every morning now, he gets up and before he goes for his run he says, "Are you going to have a baby today?" It's cute.

He just left for lunch and said "Text me if you have a baby!"

Ok, going to go do some stuff, then head out for errands.

Hope everyone has a great day!
x

January 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM
38w2d - I'm ready. Scooter isn't quite...yet.
I swear I get more pregnant by the hour. I had a banner night last night...heartburn was remarkable...I was up every hour popping Tums. My back is killing me, and I feel like I'm having BH all the freakin time.

I still every single moment though!

Had my OB check this morning. My doc assistant took one look at me and said "Jeez, you get more pregnant every day!" (I just saw her Monday for my NST). Even my doctor said I, well Scooter, has had a growth spurt in the last week (saw her last Wed). That was just from looking at my belly.

She did a quick fluid check and cord check, and all looks/sounds great. She didn't do an internal, which is fine, though we were sort of curious to know if I've changed. She is confident that I will do great in delivery. DH still thinks I will go on my own before Tuesday, but if not, Tuesday is the day.

We will go in at 8:15am, and they will get me changed and such and hooked up to the Pit. She is VERY confident that there will be no need for cervadil or cytotec. Her thought is that I will likely labor slowly all day and deliver between 9-10 at night. She thinks I'm going to have an "easy" time of it with no complications. Apparently, all my "parts" are favorable.

So, today, I am going to walk the Park. I'm headed there shortly, see all my friends, for what might be the last time for a bit. I am going to run to Target afterwards and pick up a few last minute supplies, too. Other than that, we're pretty much just waiting. Tomorrow I have my NST/AFI, Friday I am going to take the day to do something for myself - see a movie or rent one, maybe get a mani/pedi, sit on the couch and eat bon bons...ya know.

Saturday is DH's birthday, and assuming we're still waiting, we are going to the Park in the morning, going on a motorcycle ride (HIM), grabbing lunch at a cool diner, and just enjoying our last baby-free weekend. Sunday will likely be the last loads of laundry, and spending lots of time on the couch.

Monday will be interesting. He is undecided if he wants to go to work or not. He probably will. Depending how I feel, I can see myself either plopping on the couch all day or walking the Park. Who knows? Time will tell!

Guess that's about all for now. Going to change into my hiking/work shoes, and head out. It's a gorgeous day, cool and sunny, so I'm going to get all bundled up, grab my camera, and head to visit the animals. I am going to see if I can make it until late afternoon whereby, depending who is working the animal, I should be able to get a picture of Scooter and a cheetah-friend. I think that would be pretty cool. Perks are nice

Ok off to play. Hope everyone has a great day!

PS. If and when there are updates here on Scooter's pending arrival and/or arrival, etc...for those of you that I'm friends with on FB, PLEASE NO MENTION of anything on FB. We would like to do that ourselves, please!

January 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
38w2d - FUN day.
Short update, but basically I played at the Park all day. Saw all my friends, well, most of them anyway, didn't get my pic with Amara (cheetah), as she wasn't in the mood for pictures with folks today, but otherwise, had a fun time. Going to perhaps toss a few pics of Kasten (caracal) and Amara (cheetah) and Ashiki (turaco) up on FB later tonight or tomorrow. It was really great to see a bunch of friends - human and animal. There are a few I haven't seen in a while, and they were surprised at how large I've gotten. I was the talk of the day for sure.

Never made it to Target, I was at the Park until after they closed...and now WAY too tired. Had lots of BH all day, but nothing painful, and nothing noteworthy. DH is headed home shortly, and I am headed into the bath.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
x

January 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
38w3d - Ctx every hour? Again?
Sort of been the story of my week all week. Every morning, I have contractions about once an hour, for a few hours, then nothing. I am fairly certain they are "just" BH though.

So far this morning, I have eaten my oatmeal, had my coffee and OJ, and played in Photoshop (a few new pics uploaded on FB of my animal friends). I need to get to Target, but finding it hard to get motivated, but I know that if I wait and try and go later in the day, after my NST, it won't happen.

NST/AFI today at 2:45p. I'm assuming nothing out of the ordinary. I need to get DH's birthday gifts wrapped, and I'm thinking since they are small in size, I will just toss them in my hospital bag...that way, if for some reason, we end up there before or on Sat (his bday), I can surprise him there! I truly don't think it will happen. I think Scooter will take his time, and wait until Tuesday.

Guess that's about it for now...very unexciting day. I am really tired these days, since my sleep is getting worse and worse. Last night, DH sent me to bed at 11, and he needed to stay up and do more work. He came to bed around 1, and I woke up around the same time with the standard nasty reflux. Between that, my hip/shoulder pain (doesn't matter what I set my sleep number to anymore), and the discomfort from tossing and turning, ya, there is little sleep to be had. Tonight, I decided that since I have nothing to do tomorrow except some work for my job, I am going to take some sort of sleep remedy and force sleep upon myself.

Ok, off to do things. Shower, Target, wrapping, etc.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

It's THURSDAY already???? Oh my. Baby is coming Tuesday!

January 17th, 2013, 06:39 PM
38w3d - NST update
Not too much to report...the AFI was great, so was NST. Scooter was moving around like MAD though, which is odd for him that time of day. He usually is pretty tired/sleepy through my NSTs. Might have something to do with the 1/2 a bag of dark chocolate peanut M&Ms I ate on the way to my appt

I was having mild contractions the entire time, or rather more like constant uterine activity. I had a few small ones, not noteworthy, then had a HUGE one right before I was supposed to be done. It lasted forever.

Then I had another on the drive home.

And I'm having another now.

They are quite a bit more intense than before. But I think it's from the running around today. I hope. Or not?

Anyhow, when I got there today, they informed me that they messed up, and scheduled my next/last NST for Monday. Just like every other Monday. But, they failed to realize it was a holiday for them and their office was closed. So, now I have to go to triage for my Monday NST. They even checked with the doc on call to be sure i still needed to go, given my induction for the next morning. He was insistent that I go. No biggie, but I don't have an appointment, so I'll need to call in the morning and see when they can fit me in. I'll probably end up having to go at like 6pm or something.

I said my goodbyes to my favorite nurses and techs, and they all wished me well. I was a bit sad, to be honest! They are all so nice there. Got one last glimpse of the hot doctor too.

I don't know why I find him so good looking, probably more his personality than anything, because he is SO FREAKIN NICE, but whatevs.

I did finally make it to Target today. Got all my last minute things...including a fresh box of thank you notes. I need to finish writing them from DH's work shower. I also got the supplies I need to bake some yummy treats for the L&D nurses. I figure, a little treat won't hurt, and might go a long way

That's about it for me tonight. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, and these contractions are seemingly getting stronger. They aren't really stopping and starting, it's almost like I am having one big one. Either way, I want to get my feet up or into the bath or something.

Until tomorrow!
x

January 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
38w4d - Tylenol PM can bite me.
After agonizing and overanalyzing things, I decided to bite the bullet and take my first ever Tylenol. I have avoided every medication, with the exception of those prescribed by my doctor, during this pregnancy. But I NEED SLEEP. I can totally function on the little sleep I'm getting, I'm used to that, but the cumulative effect is making me crazy. I need my rest to labor properly. I need my rest for my sanity. And I only have a few days left to try. So I got some Tylenol PM yesterday. When I've taken this stuff in the past, I've only needed one to do the trick, and even that was a lot for me.

So, last night, DH got home, and I had been having some pretty intense BH for an hour or so (just one or two), and decided I needed a bath. I took my bath, felt better by a long shot, then DH ordered pizza. Not what I wanted, but didn't really care. It will feed us tonight, too, and then we go out on Sat for his birthday, and we'll wing it on Sun and Mon. After I ate, I felt really unwell, mostly b/c I ate too much. We chatted for a bit, then I took my PM, just the one. It took about an hour to kick in, and when I started feeling a tidbit woozy, I went to bed, around 10.

I fell asleep pretty quick, but then was up again by 11 with the reflux shooting up my throat. Then again every hour to hour and a half. Reflux, hip pain, you name it. The Tylenol PM did 2 things - jack and s**t.

Pretty awesome. DH felt bad for me...he woke up a couple times when I was in the bathroom drinking water and such trying to wash the reflux taste out of my mouth and whimpering. I think he is so on edge worrying I'm going into labor, poor guy.

So, my sleep didn't get any better. I'm not going to try again tonight, since we are getting up early tomorrow to go to the donor walk early hours at the Park. But since we don't have Sunday morning plans, I might try taking 2 to see what happens.

Today, I have nothing on the schedule! Yippee! I do have some work to do for my school, and I want to bake some treats for the L&D nurses, and also bake a cake for DH birthday tomorrow. I need to wrap his gifts as well. We are having a lunch date too, just for fun. The weather is turning gorgeous again - mid to high 70s again today...cant beat it!

I was going through my Scooter checklist, and I literally have everything crossed off my list except for 3 things - the swing (my mom ordered it, it's on its way), the breast pump (ordered from insurance, on its way), and the activity gym/mat (we are picking up tomorrow). We have everything we need (for now!). I can't believe it!

We have a few last minute things to do around the house this weekend, but nothing major. I can't believe we will have a Scooter in a few days!

I am so excited to meet him.

My great aunt emailed me the other day, after hearing about his scheduled arrival, and told me that if he does arrive on Jan 22, that is my great-grandfathers birthday. Sorta neat

Ok, that's about it for now. Going to get off JM for a bit, since once I'm here, I seem to get sucked in for far too long these days. I'll be back later!

Happy Friday!
x

January 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hi ladies. Quick update as I sit and watch Baxter's newborn photoshoot Things are slowly getting better. I am healing every day, both physically and most importantly, emotionally. Baxter is a great baby and we are learning more each day. He really doesn't fuss too much except during his witching hour between 10-1am. He will NOT rest. BF is getting better each day. We still have to supplement due to some pretty decent weight loss following birth and some supply issues on my end, along with his horrific latch, but we are hoping that wont last forever. Either way, he still nurses with me for 99% of his feeds and I am pumping to maintain supply. My milk has come in decently and his latch improves with every feed. The dogs came home from camp yesterday to meet their baby brother. Peanut have him kisses o. The hand and tried to rouse him by nudging him with his nose. Then he tried to jump in his bouncy seat with him in it! Max smelled and kissed him too. Otherwise they are pretty impartial to the new guy. He is just a joy and I don't know life without him. My mom is here helping. She is cooking us dinner and holding Bax when we need hands and doing laundry and all that jazz. She takes the witching hour shift some nights too so we can grab a couple hours sleep as well. Before we figured that out, either me or DH was up all night. My incision is healing nicely but there is a TON of muscular soreness. Part of my physical challenge has been getting my pain managed properly. It's still not quite there but improving. I am changing to a stronger med today which will hopefully do the trick. All in all, things are improving all around, slowly but surely. End of the day, I have my beautiful baby boy and he is happy and healthy and that's all that matters. Thanks to all for the words of love and support. I read the boards all the time, especially when I am nursing and pumping in the middle of the night but I don't post because it too hard to type while doing all that. But I do read I will be back to my old self before too long I hope and will share Baxter's birth story and a photo or two xx
VikingMamma and minalyn like this.

January 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Did you do a cesarean? I'm 3 weeks out and still have that muscle soreness. It's an odd sensation and I can't even explain it to DH. Either way glad all is well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search