Friday Five!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JennyBaby2013
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By doxiemom24
  • 1 Post By mojomama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since many of us are in the middle of a heat wave, thought I would make this weeks Friday Five a little summer-y!

1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool?
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm?
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind?
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
June 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? I'm almost always cold so I rather be warm!
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Iced water and shade or fan/ac if indoors.
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Cozy pjs, warm blankets & snuggles.
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Heat.
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Nope! Big Brother starts the 12th and that's my one summer ritual and the only thing I'll watch on tv (the one reality show I shamelessly watch). We have passes to 6 flags and we'll go do that but I can't do the rides. We'll probably take some day trips to zoo's, family bbqs and things like that but no major vacations planned.
missadie222 likes this.
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

June 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Too warm!!! I HATE the cold!
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? In a typical summer it would be heading out to Lake Michigan or tubing down the river.
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Snuggle in bed with my DH
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Beach, deck parties, being with my friends.
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Nope! We were supposed to take our honeymoon this summer, but DH started a job where he doesn't get any vacation time for a year.
missadie222 likes this.

June 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Since many of us are in the middle of a heat wave, thought I would make this weeks Friday Five a little summer-y!

1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? COLD....when im too hot i get sick. i can always add clothes, not take them off.

2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Sitting in my AC

3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Under my blankets in bed...with a good lifetime movie on and a fall breeze coming in the window!

4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Sun and outside!

5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? We are really budgeting and watching, but we are taking Xavier to the local amusement park here in Pittsburgh and spending Saturdays at the Wave Pool

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

June 29th, 2012, 10:46 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?

Wow I just tried to answer this both ways. I'm use to being cold but then I'm reminded of my scorching ride home everyday (one of my air vents is broken). I think I'd rather be too cold because being too hot makes me so irritated.

2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Cool shower or a nice cold drink!

3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Hoodie. There's a nothing like a hoodie on a cold day.

4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? 100 degree weather! That's why I want to move somewhere where I can experiacne the 4 seasons.

5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Well I just found out my husband got tickets to a 4th celebration at the Las Vegas COuntry Club and that looks like it will be fun. We're taking a trip late August for my half brother's wedding and then visiting DH's family in Ohio (it will be my 1st time there).

June 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? niether! right now I'm too hot and miserable at work where I can't take clothes off and there are no fans. but if I'm too cold I'm miserable too.
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? take off clothes, eat popscicles and drink ice water, find a pool with shade
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? snuggling under blankets
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? being outside
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? getting a fence around our backyard so our dogs can run free.

June 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
1. I would rather be too cold because I can always put on more clothes and love using a blanket!

2. I like to stay cool by taking my kiddos to the pool or sitting in the air conditioning and having a cool drink while reading a good book.

3. My favorite way to stay warm is putting on my comfy clothes and cuddling under a blanket while watching a movie and drinking cocoa.

4."Summer" makes me think of sunny days, fun, and relaxation!

5. We have lots going on this summer! Four weddings- including one of my nephews, which makes me feel old ( I was 12 when he was born)! Two are weekends away. We also just bought a new house and will hopefully be moving in August.
June 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? HOT!! I HATE HATE hate being cold. It makes you feel all tense and pent up.
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Shade, beer (when I'm not pregs)
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Heaters, woodstove, pajamas, soup, mittens
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? BEER!!! (except this summer) Hiking! Camping!
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Already went to Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. Hopefully another camping trip to Twin Lakes by Bridgeport south of Tahoe.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

June 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? too hot! Where we live there is snow on the ground 6 months of the year... feeling hot in the summertime is a wonderful thing!
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? hanging out in the shade by a body of water, sipping something over ice and enjoying a nice trashy novel
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? exercise!
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? sand
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? not anything major, but real life with seven kids, baking a baby, two part-time jobs and hubby looking for work is going to keep me plenty busy.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

June 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Too cold...at least when you're too cold you can always layer your clothing...when you're hot there is only so many items of clothing you can take off!
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? We go to the in-laws and get in the pool!
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Throw on a hoodie and my Uggs.
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? I.can't.breathe. The humidity is so bad here.
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? NONE! Just let this baby grow...lol

June 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Too cold... I can always put more clothes or blankets on, I don't like being hot!

2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? currently it's eating popsicles, but before baby, ice cold beer

3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? lots and lots of blankets! I like to bury myself.

4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Like Tyra said, humidity. It's miserable here.

5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Everything has kind of been put on the back burner bc I'm focused on this baby! I am doing a little bit of planning for next school year.
SaraSmiles likes this.

June 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
1. I think too cold...I get physically ill when I'm overheated. however, cold is also getting less and less tolerable in the last three years, so I'm not thrilled about cold either.
2. Nudity is my fave way to stay cool! lol. when that's not ok, I like lemonade and watermelon in the air conditioning.
3. To stay warm, I like blankets and soup and hand-knitted socks, and using my hubby to warm up my hands.
4. thanks to my 6yo, "summer" makes me think of Katy Perry's "California Gurls". it's her favorite song ever, and just sounds so summery, even if it weren't actually about summer.
5. Aside from the whole gestating thing, all our summer plans are annual things, so they don't feel big. birthday bbq's, fireworks for the fourth, a family breakfast, and Bear Lake in August with my mom's whole family.
Lacey_619 likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (13), Selene (9), Garvin (7), Gwen (4), Thomas (2.5), and a bonus surprise, due 30 April 2016
June 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Definately too cold. Because you can always bundle up with blankets and sweats but you cant get any more naked than naked lol

2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Sitting in front of my airconditioner haha. Well not usually but I have had a lazy week so I feel like thats all Ive been doing. The kids and I have been swimming this week...that helps too!

3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Definately Blankets and Snuggles in bed. Cup of coffee might be added to that as well!

4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Beach! Oh, how I miss the beach. Moved from NJ to Colorado about 2 years ago and I sure do miss the Jersey Shore!

5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? I cant wait til my mom comes to visit me in the end of July!!!! I havent seen her in almost two years and it will be the best week ever!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
June 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Too hot, I HATE cold!
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Shade or pool
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Snuggle under my big blankie
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Beach, lemonade
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Clean out the 3rd bedroom (baby nursery)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)
June 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Too cold, I am used to it in IN
2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? Our pool and a blast for the kids
3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Cuddling with my hubby
4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Boat and tan!
5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? We are building on a big master bedroom and giving the new baby our room. Thankfully my Dad is an architect and Shawn is handy so hopefully won't cost us a fortune.

June 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why? Cold! I can always put more clothes on, get DH to cuddle, and start a fire. The heat affects me in so many ways, mostly due to autoimmune issues. I also just hate getting out of a shower to start sweating again!

2. What's your favorite way to stay cool? I'd love to have a pool!

3. What's your favorite way to stay warm? Blankets, sweaters, a fire, and doing unmentionable things with DH.

4. When you see or hear the word "summer", what comes to mind? Heat. Misery. (Hahahaha I just don't love summer.)

5. Any major summer plans or projects this year? Helping DS2 recover from surgery; fundraising in the next couple of weeks to go to a medical convention for DS2; coming back and packing/sorting for a couple of weeks while organizing a cross-country move; settling in our new town; growin' a baby!

Tags
friday , friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search