DH and enthousiasm

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gray Sea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Bayamount
I was wondering.. am i the only one who gets sad or really annoyed at her dh because he says he's happy your pregnant but it doesnt show all that much.. and he says its just his personnality and he wont start jumping all over the place...? not like i want him too.... does anyone get it? am i getting too hormonal already?
August 1st, 2012, 04:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh doesnt show a whole lot of emotion either but this is our third so i am used to it now....i know deep down that he is excited

August 1st, 2012, 05:40 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH was the same way he really didn't even want to rub or touch my belly or feel the baby kick .

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 1st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I think some men are more internal about this.
My hubby was a bit this way, in the beginning of my pregnancies. As time progressed, he'd do or say things that always reassured me...without him trying.
Remember, Men are from Mars! I am not saying they are less emotional, but, they do keep things in more than we do. It takes time for them to process emotions...and sentiments.
hearts.0nfire and MamaFish like this.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
August 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I agree with the others. I think very few men just jump up and down over a pgcy. I know for my husband it really rocks his world. He may be very quiet about it for awhile. It's an adjustment for him. It's another person he has responsibility for raising to responsible adulthood and that's a serious thing.

Usually I'm the one who wants everything planned out for the next 3 years, but when it comes to a growing family, I can take it day by day. DH is seeing the bigger picture.

dd SK (closing in on 15)
dd AB (12.5)

ds TJ (10.5)
ds SR (7.75)
dd LG (5.5)
eight babies perfected in heaven
August 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
So with Darcy (our IUI rainbow baby) wasn't fully excited. He was happy, he liked the ultrasounds, but you would never see him actually excited. Guys are weird. As time goes on and he can feel the baby i'm sure he's going to get more excited.

August 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I haven't even told my husband yet. I don't think he's going to be exactly overjoyed since we had planned our 4th as our last. Needless to say, completely unplanned, but I am beginning to accept it, and I know he will be okay once I tell him, and he has time to process it.
August 2nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Adam didn't show much emotion over Amelia, especially at the beginning.

Men don't have the whole hormone rush that instantly bonds us, as well I know with Adam he tries to keep apart til miscarriage time is past as a coping mechanism. He does show he cares later on, by talking to the baby, asking how we feel, and saying random things about the baby.

While I'm not a fan of his almost lack of reaction, I do accept it, because I know that he is an amazing father
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013
Elizabeth Flora Ruth: March 6th, 2015
August 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Veteran
My DH was super excited when I told him, but all I want to do is talk about the new baby, and him not so much. I try not to get upset because I am a bit obsessive right now, and I know for him the baby won't be as "real" until he sees a sonogram and can feel it kick. But he does text me at work to ask how I and "the bean" are doing.
I feel bad because I don't want to expect him to maintain a level of super excitement for nine months...but deep down I kind of do
August 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
morgandaniellexx's Avatar Veteran
My husband said he'll be excited when he sees the baby on ultrasound and holds the baby in his arms, other than that, he's not interested in my pregnancy. He's a guy and he doesn't care about all the little things I'm obsessing over! I know he'll be a great dad but men don't show emotion like we do. It pisses me off sometimes, but I try to ignore it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search