August Chit-Chat!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is just a random chit-chat thread...talk about whatever you want, pregnancy related or not! Let's get to know each other better!

August 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm ready for AUG to be OVER!! It's such a long month and my U/S isn't until the 27th. I feel like all I have been doing this month is WAITING!!

August 15th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I hear ha! I'm ready for August to be over so that it's not so crazy hot anymore! Actually the past few days have been sort of ok, but we've had far too many 100+ days this summer.

August 15th, 2012, 07:37 AM
So what's everyone got going on today? Anything interesting?

Just work for me. I've got a meeting in 30 min. Just the usual here! I have tomorrow off, though. Not that it'll be a fun day...I'll be driving folks to doctors appointments all day. But at least it's not work!

August 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM
That too! It's been OK this week. I think today has a high of 97, but it's overcast so that helps more. I'm ready for fall though....

Not much going on today, just work and chasing my kiddo. Normal Wednesday!

August 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
My posts keep posting twice... and then i cant figure out how to delete one... any thoughts?
August 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
I am so ready for fall! This crazy hot weather is dumb, lol
and the stores are getting out all thier cute fall decorations and
i want to buy it all now haha
August 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I get all excited for the fall/winter holidays! I have to stay far away from Hobby Lobby or I start buying stuff way too soon

August 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
No kidding! I could spend way to much money at Hobby Lobby! Love the holidays. From October through January is one celebration after another, starting with my mom's birthday, Halloween (DH's favorite), my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, DH's birthday, New Year's, and our daughter's birthday. By January we're partied out haha! I'm excited about adding a Spring birthday to our family!

August 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
You are so making me want Thai food! Lol!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

August 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Haha! I wanted Thai food last week/weekend, and we were going to go but ended up going somewhere else instead.

August 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
No kidding! I could spend way to much money at Hobby Lobby! Love the holidays. From October through January is one celebration after another, starting with my mom's birthday, Halloween (DH's favorite), my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, DH's birthday, New Year's, and our daughter's birthday. By January we're partied out haha! I'm excited about adding a Spring birthday to our family!
That's how it is for us!! TONS of birthdays in between the holidays from Oct-Feb.

I do enjoy all the baking and cooking I get to do during the holidays though. Hopefully I won't be so tired by the time the season starts.

I think we only have one other family b-day in April (actually my EDD)! So it will be nice to spread it out a bit.

August 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I'm excited about being in the 2nd trimester for the holidays this time. I was in my 3rd last time, and didn't really get to enjoy all of the baking/entertaining that I normally do. Especially for Christmas...I was huge and miserable!

I do have a sister and a nephew with April birthdays, but we don't usually get to celebrate with them. This baby could be born very close to my nephew's birthday, though!

August 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's my birthday today! I'm celebrating by having a million crappy meetings at work and then having a 2.5 hour dance rehearsal tonight, ha!

Though I'm dragging some coworkers out for delicious gelato and then I'll have a yummy dinner tomorrow and maybe Friday, and do some dessert making on Friday. I'm considering a PB smore's pudding pie or maybe a luscious ice cream? Though I have lemon curd leftover from the petit fours, and I'd hate to see it go to waste. Decisions, decisions!

Daycare is closed on Friday so I'm taking my son to a local small zoo & amusement park. It'll be his first time on rides, and I'm hoping he's a natural since I LOVE coasters. I'm not really sure which rides I need to avoid though.

Do you think I can go on a kiddie mouse coaster? I will avoid things like bumper cars or rides that look jarring. But I want to be able to go on some with him, and if my parents join us, I don't want to give anything away early!

August 15th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
It's my birthday today! I'm celebrating by having a million crappy meetings at work and then having a 2.5 hour dance rehearsal tonight, ha!

Though I'm dragging some coworkers out for delicious gelato and then I'll have a yummy dinner tomorrow and maybe Friday, and do some dessert making on Friday. I'm considering a PB smore's pudding pie or maybe a luscious ice cream? Though I have lemon curd leftover from the petit fours, and I'd hate to see it go to waste. Decisions, decisions!

Daycare is closed on Friday so I'm taking my son to a local small zoo & amusement park. It'll be his first time on rides, and I'm hoping he's a natural since I LOVE coasters. I'm not really sure which rides I need to avoid though.

Do you think I can go on a kiddie mouse coaster? I will avoid things like bumper cars or rides that look jarring. But I want to be able to go on some with him, and if my parents join us, I don't want to give anything away early!
Happy Birthday!

I think kiddie coasters would be fine. Its the spinning and high dropping ones you have to avoid.

August 15th, 2012, 09:30 AM

I think you'd be fine on mild kiddie rides. They may have warning signs that would tell you if a ride was not safe for a pregnant woman...although for kiddie rides they might not, if the assumption is that it's for kids. IDK. Anyway, sounds like fun! Grace loves ANY kind of rides! I think she's going to be a little dare devil.

August 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
When I was pregnant with my first, we went to Cedar Point in July, and I was due in December. I rode almost all of the roller coasters. Looking back, yes, I am amazed at my stupidity. But I was thinking it was fine, and I didn't want to let my BF's parents know before he was ready to spill the beans.

Thankfully, she's fine ...... mostly.

She does love roller coasters, though!!

New picture in progress......
August 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
When I was pregnant with my first, we went to Cedar Point in July, and I was due in December. I rode almost all of the roller coasters. Looking back, yes, I am amazed at my stupidity. But I was thinking it was fine, and I didn't want to let my BF's parents know before he was ready to spill the beans.

Thankfully, she's fine ...... mostly.

She does love roller coasters, though!!

New picture in progress......
August 15th, 2012, 01:29 PM
tsh32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow! It's about time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search