Two things to report...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 05:25 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
So the first thing is, at my 13 week appt, they hand me a paper. I am scared to open it because we just had the sequential screen and I was worried something was wrong. But no, it is my C section DATE!! I was kind of taken aback by this, it seems soo early to schedule it and we have never scheduled it or talked about it until way later. It was also weird to see the last day I will ever be pregnant written on a piece of paper. I also realized because it is at the same exact time as my daughter's was, I could have two babies born at the same exact time because of this. Weird. I just thought this was super early for scheduling, and I am bummed because it is 2/25 and I want an even number. I just like them better, and my daughter and son have even number Birthdays. Petty, I know but it bugs me. So that is that I guess. The second thing...

Kind of a warning, a disclaimer to all the first time preggos here. I have had this thing with all my pregnancies where if I shower when I first wake up before I eat or drink anything, I get awful dizziness, clammy all over, racing pulse. It is so scary. I have to lay down flat and wait it out and it used to make me late for work and my son late for school. I asked the OB and she said when you don't eat first, and the hot water dialates your blood vessels, it makes you feel this way. So take my advice and EAT before you shower or you may feel completely awful like I did yesterday. The change was that now Owen is back in school so I have to wake early to shower before my Husband leaves, leaving me not a lot of time to eat beforehand. So now, I guess I have to get up even earlier to eat first. Oh well, I guess I better get used to limited sleep before February. Anyway, random but just letting you all know.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

September 7th, 2012, 05:30 AM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
That's really weird. And SCARY. Thanks for letting me know! I never had that problem with Hannah and haven't encountered it with this one either. But, I'm not sure when I take my showers. Might be after breakfast. And I think I took them at night before...

~~~~
~~~~

September 7th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With the vessels dilating etc. That can happen anytime. If it's summer and you get too hot, if you are standing in line at the checkout and you are getting flustered.

You have more blood now you're making a baby so the blood vessels are already dilated and you BP is lower. Increasing your body temp will lower it more and thus less blood will be going to your brain and other body parts making you feel dizzy; It's why pregnant women are not advised to have hot baths.

Similarly, when you first get up in the morning, you are less hydrated or dehydrated, blood pressure may drop because the intravascular (space in your blood vessels) space has less fluid in it.

Eating helps up your BP by staying hydrated, having some salt, making sure you don't get up too fast, eat something and drink something before you get up... There are lots of things.

---
On a side note:
Congrats on your C date. It's great to know. I don't like surprises

Can you ask for a different date if you don't like your current date?
September 7th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah, all of that makes sense. I unfortunately suffered through it with my first pregnancy thinking it was morning sickness related. When it happened again with Natalie's pregnancy, I asked and the OB said exactly what you said. So you would THINK I would have learned by now I got smart today and ate a bowl of cheerios about 20 minutes before showering and no issues! About the date, I guess I could ask but I feel dumb making a big deal about it. Owen's was emergency but Nat's was planned so they asked me if I preferred the 11th, 12th or 14th. I avoided 9/11 for obvious reasons and went with the even number, the 14th. I guess I just thought I would have a choice again this time so I was a bit bummed since it's my last baby.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)

September 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
CaliMama's Avatar Veteran
I would ask, I think that it's so far in advance it won't be anything for them to change it. You're lucky to get yours early, my doctor says they won't give me a date until I am 30+ weeks I'd love to know

September 8th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran
That seems very early to me. I would think they'd at least wait until the baby was viable if delivered. I had a coworker who lost hers about 20 weeks and I could not imagine if she had a paper that forever marked the day he would have been born. However, you know early enough that you could probably request a different day.
September 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That does seem early, I would see if you can change it to a later date if you want. You would only be 36 weeks then anyways, that isnt even full term. It seems strange that they would do it that early, and unsafe for the baby. It seems strange to schedule this soon. That sounds good to eat before you shower. I have not had that issue, I don't eat breakfast so I always shower first no matter what!

Last edited by rachna; September 8th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
September 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't shower until after I eat but I have gotten overheated before. Bad bad times ugh.

I'd ask. It's far off enough that they should be able to accommodate you.
September 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
No, I will be 39 weeks then. I am due March 3rd. They tend to do it the week before. So it is perfectly safe.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)

September 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MomofO&Nat* View Post
No, I will be 39 weeks then. I am due March 3rd. They tend to do it the week before. So it is perfectly safe.
Oh sorry I added wrong I am 14 weeks, and for some reason thought you were less! 39 weeks is perfect.

2 of my step siblings have the same birthday and are 4 years apart, and they always thought it was cool. I think they did not share birthday parties, but would alternate years or something

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search