I just realized it is totally possible to have THREE in diapers!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By LPNMOMMY84
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By stargatemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 08:25 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My almost-three-year old is NOT EVEN CLOSE to potty training. He peed on my couch when his diaper was off for five minutes the other day. He is not remotely aware of going or needing to go yet. And he will be 3.5, pretty much exactly, when the newbie is scheduled to arrive.

And I'll have a 19-month-old. Who obviously won't be potty trained.

And a newborn.

This means I can buy as many cloth diapers as I want, right???? Lol. (Even if you disagree on the CD aspect, I am telling my DH that everyone says its only fair if I am changing three bums at a time!)
September 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AGREED! YOU BUY ALL THE CD's YOU WANT!
dyeanotherday likes this.
September 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Buy all the cloth!!!

Maybe your 3 year old will surprise you and pick up PTing fast. Both my girls were fast learners and learned just before turning 3. You have some time

September 12th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran
Unless things drasticallly change I will be in the same situation, but i cant convince my SO to CD because he is not willing to change them! booooo for me
September 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Buy all the CD's you want!!! I say it's open season for cloth.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

September 12th, 2012, 10:34 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
Buy all the cloth!!!

Maybe your 3 year old will surprise you and pick up PTing fast. Both my girls were fast learners and learned just before turning 3. You have some time
I am really hoping he is "one of those" who just decides he is ready and does it quick! Glad to hear it isn't an urban myth that kids do that
September 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Mine is 2.5 and knows how to hold it and be aware, just not much interested in going in the big potty. I'm trying to run with it but would love to have no diapers for a few months before the next one arrives!
I'm debating doing cloth with the next one. The nice CD's are expensive, and the cheap ones (like just buying prefolds and plastic pants) are a lot of work. I do like not having to buy diapers though, we're CD'ing to try to save money. I sure love all the cute little prints on the nice CD's! But at $20 a diaper, sometimes, it's enough to make me choke a bit!
ashj_1218 and dyeanotherday like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm really hoping DS is potty trained by May, but if he isn't, then I will totally increase my CD stash!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
September 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Memi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for more fluff mail!!! I'm hoping I can get DS potty trained before the baby gets here...or at least somewhat. We'll see how it goes. So far it can be great success one day and a complete mess the next with him.
Expecting #3 in January 2016!

September 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
try 3daypottytraining.com! swear it works! I was the second lady from my PR to use it and it worked. My DH trained my DD in 3days.. since me about 5 or 6 others have PT their kiddos using the same methods. It's working

September 12th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am actually am worried that I may have the opposite! My 17 month old LOVES using the potty! I have never forced him we have just had a potty around. He does about 80% of his pees at home in his potty. So I may not be changing his diapers when Koala arrives.
pressedfairie likes this.

September 12th, 2012, 06:33 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
Yay for more fluff mail!!! I'm hoping I can get DS potty trained before the baby gets here...or at least somewhat. We'll see how it goes. So far it can be great success one day and a complete mess the next with him.
That's exactly where we're at. One day he asks to use the potty and the next, he says "NO" all day when I ask him if needs to use it. 2 steps forward, 1 step back, I guess.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
September 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
none of that potty training stuff works on my stubborn little boy . . . he can hold it he knows to pee in the potty he knows exactly when he has to pee he will announce he is going to pee the carpet and then no matter how you try to encourage/ bribe/ force him to then go put the pee in the potty he will piss on the carpet and then proudly jump up and down with pride and excitement that he peed the carpet or my bed or my purse or whatever . . . . and GAGH i know you aren't supposed to but i just put him back in diapers even though i know if he wasn't so freaking stubborn he could do it just fine

<end rant>

so yeah i understand the potty training frustrations . . . . .

September 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that does sound very stubborn! He doesn't mind being in the diapers? Or maybe he wants to be in them and so he pees in places he knows will make you mad? I would say let him stay in the diapers till he wants to pee in the potty.
My sis found out her youngest son was able to potty train because she found pee in the toilet brush holder! She said wow, if you can aim for that then you can aim for the toilet for sure!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he likes to use the potty to sometimes . . . some days he wants diapers and some days he will get so mad if i don't let him wear the little gerber extra padded underwear . . . he poops in the potty every time doesn't want it on his but but i think he likes the sound of peeing on random object he always asks if he can pee outside . . . which we live in an apartment or i would let him have at it so i dunno i think he just doesn't want to be expected to go in the potty or something . . . i just want to pull my hair out over it lol

I am thinking of getting those plastic pants to go over and just making him do it someone had suggested giving him candy and that was BAD because he would intentionally pee just a little every 5 minutes alllllll day long but he never once peed his pants so i tried giving him candy for staying dry each hour he would get a piece and he got mad that i foiled his plan

then i told him him if he stayed dry for a week we would go get a spongebob happy meal and he stayed dry for three days no accidents and he was like happy meal and i told him he had to stay dry for 4 more days he said oh thats to long and pissed his pants . . . . so i dunno i have read you shouldn't punish for accidents

i just dunno what to do he used to use the potty on his own he would at nine months crawl up and use it cause i watched to much jon and kate plus 8 and then i guess it is part of the terrible 2's cause it is just a you can't make me attitude You know? He was such an easy baby lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search