Boy Vibes?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Whiterozse
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By katharineharmon
  • 2 Post By Melliesbelly
  • 1 Post By mamamac
  • 1 Post By mrsjl
  • 1 Post By TThompson

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been kinda feeling boyish more this time than any other time. Maybe it's because so many people expect us to have a boy after 2 girls. Honestly, I would love either! I loved having girls, and I love the girl name we picked out. And it would be amazing to give DH a son. But either way this baby is already super loved

Anyway, I picked out an outfit in case it is a boy. It was only $4 so I couldn't pass it up! I actually picked up a couple boy outfits before we knew Alexis was a girl so I may have jinxed myself, lol! But seriously, it was too cute! And if it's not a boy I have enough friends that are pregnant or will get pregnant, one of them is bond to have a boy!

And! I finally got DH to narrow down 90 names to 10! Here's what we've got so far:
Miles
Blake
Cade
Cole
Gabriel
Issac
William
Ryan
DH favorite: Jett
My favorite: Oliver
I'm thinking Ryan may be the front runner for a middle name.

Anyone else crazy as me, buying stuff gender specific clothing, lol?

September 29th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
DH and I are hoping for a boy too, although, like you said, we would be just as happy with a girl. When we went to Target today, we browsed the baby stuff, but didn't buy anything...yet. I really like Cade as a name. We have three names so far:

Kean (a family name from Thomas McKean, my ancestor who signed the Declaration of Independence!)
Merritt
Jude

We haven't come up with any middle names yet...
knightsgirl likes this.

September 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I LOVE Blake! We actually both love the name, but it sounds horrible with our last name, so it isn't to be for us But great choices. I love Oliver too, it's on my list as well And I frankly like Jett too! Lol. You can't go wrong.

And I hope you get that little man this time around. I know what it's like to have two of one gender and sorta want to experience the other, but not really care in the end. I think it would be cool to have a girl, but a boy is welcome here too

(And I buy clothes even when I am not pregnant at all, so I can't comment on the sanity of that )
knightsgirl and Redneck_Mommy like this.
September 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Veteran
OMG! I am shocked about Jett. That is my Dh's fav name too. I am not a fan. We are having major discussions over this I also really feel like it is a boy. I personally like Mason but he has shot that one down. Tristan is the current front runner. I bought a little boy outfit too!

Last edited by mommaerin; September 29th, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
September 29th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Memi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't bought clothes yet but I've had a super long baby names list for many many many years! So I'll join you in that craziness
Gabriel is a great choice But seriously I really like Jett and Oliver the best from your lists but prefer Oliver with your girls' names.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
knightsgirl likes this.
Expecting #3 in January 2016!

September 29th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Super Mommy
Oliver was second choice for our 2nd boy. I bought some girl clothes at a garage sale and keeping my fingers crossed. So exciting.
dyeanotherday likes this.
September 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After two boys, I have a feeling I'm going to have another one ... Mostly because I REALLY would love to have a girl, and so would DH (he's got one daughter, who he never really knew, and four sons total). I know that if it is a boy, I will be disappointed, but I'll get over that pretty quick and start planning and buying some cute outfits (although, seriously, I have enough boy clothes to last me forever).

I went into the $1 kids' consignment shop today to pick up some pants for my 2yo ... I SO had to resist looking at any baby clothes!

I love the names you have picked out. Jett is actually really cool and I bet my DH would like it too (especially since it starts with J). I like Oliver, but Ryan Oliver sounds better to me than Oliver Ryan ... tho it's pretty close. Guess it really depends on your last name. =D Sorry, I'm weird and picky about my names and how they sound! lol

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

September 30th, 2012, 04:06 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a couple of things at a second hand store. a cute little 12m sweater for a little girl, and two items (Columbia brand, so nice and warm for canadian winters!) one is a little fleece jacket in turquoise, which I would put on either gender, and the other is a one piece fleece with a hood that would be great for wearing in the car seat. the one piece fleece is kinda boyish, mostly blue with some green trees and a little bit of red in there i think, but it is such a great piece that if it's a girl I will still let her wear it, I will just make sure she wears a very pink hat with it.
September 30th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any feelings just yet, and I'll be happy either way, but... I have my eye on the cutest little turquoise skirt at Target, and I may just buy it juuuuust in case.
knightsgirl and dyeanotherday like this.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

September 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melliesbelly View Post
I don't have any feelings just yet, and I'll be happy either way, but... I have my eye on the cutest little turquoise skirt at Target, and I may just buy it juuuuust in case.
I know exactly what you're talking about!!

I love everyone's name choices! If it's a boy, we like James or William or Benjamin. Basically, any name found on the Declaration of Independence.

I'm definitely having girl vibes. Morning sickness might have been a blessing, because I haven't been able to go shopping...so I'm not tempted to buy clothes. My mom bought one boy and one girl outfit, and my sister-in-law has already bought a few things.

I'll definitely be checking out garage sales/thrift stores once I'm feeling better and know the gender.

Oh, well I did buy one article of clothing. This is what I held up to tell my hubby that we're pregnant.

knightsgirl likes this.

Last edited by mamamac; September 30th, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
September 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM
LPNMOMMY84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im hoping/feeling boy. Of course I wonder if its because everyone is rooting for a boy after 2 girls. I'd be totally ok with another girl, actually. A little disappointed but it would give me some room to renegotiate that baby number 4 I want . HAHA We had a realllllllly hard time coming up with names for a boy. Shawn is extremely difficult with names anyway but boy names, ugh forget it. He loves Luke, as do I, however, i'd like to give the baby a longer more formal name and call him Luke for Short. We are still discussing the options but its between:

Luke Alexandre
Lukah Alexandre
Lucien Alexandre
Jean-Luc Alexandre

He is unagreeable to any other names so, i've given up. I LOVE Cade and Jett (OMG I LOVE JETT! Im so jealous! LOL)
September 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamac View Post
If it's a boy, we like James or William or Benjamin.
if our baby is a boy, his name will be Benjamin, but we'll call him Ben.
mamamac likes this.
September 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Veteran
I am hoping to give my dd a sister but I have 4 boys and this baby will most likely be a boy. As far as names go I like Lucas for a boy and Lydia for a girl.
September 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
JandJC's Avatar #BoyMom
I'm having boy vibes lately too! I love Oliver if we have a boy, his name will be Emmett.

September 30th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Veteran
I am so hoping for a boy. I guess who knows, just have to wait and see. I wouldn't complain if i had a girl. I just want a healthy baby.
mamamac likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search