Yummy Lunches

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 11:55 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seeing as it was mentioned in another thread about lunch ideas that don't involve deli meat (for those who are choosing to cut it out) I thought maybe we could have a thread with some yummy lunch ideas.

I will admit something straight up. I am one of those nutters who take photos of their food, and lately I have been trying to bring more packed lunches to work in order to save money (I am kind of disturbed at how a salad roll when purchased can cost up to $12, that's insane) so I have a few I can share in photo form.

Salad and cheese wraps, orange wedges, strawberries and almonds.

Roll with leftover eggplant parmagiana, orange wedges, strawberries, banana and a banana muffin.

Leftover tortellini (these were mushroom ones, heated up at work) banana, pear, almonds, muesli bar and yoghurt.

Leftover minestrone soup (heated up at work), a bagel (which I toasted), apple, orange wedges and homemade trail mix.

Leftover veggie rice (heated up at work), strawberries, apple, pear, hommus and crackers for dipping.

Salad, banana, orange, homemade trail mix.

Anyone else have some yummy lunch ideas?
November 2nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything to add, but you just made me very hungry and I just finished eating oatmeal!! Yum!!

November 2nd, 2012, 05:29 AM
Veteran
I follow a paleo diet, so I eat waaaayyyyyy more meat than you do. (Looks like you might be a vegetarian?)

Typical lunch for me is either egg salad or chicken salad made with paleo mayo, wrapped up in a lettuce leaf with some sliced tomato and sometimes leftover bacon strips.

I know some preg ladies eschew tuna, but I will allow myself a small pouch per week of light tuna. Plus I eat pouched salmon. So sometimes I'll just have that, plain or with some paleo mayo, and I spread it on cucumber slices or top sliced tomatoes with it like a salad.

Reheated dinner leftovers are a common lunch for me.

I'm not a breakfast eater, so sometimes I'll just have a late breakfast/early lunch: eggs scrambled with spinach and other veggies, and some bacon or sausage.

The paleo diet involves a fair amount of meat. Mostly veggies, but plenty of meat, too. I'm wondering how I'll feel about meat once morning sickness hits with full force. In previous pregnancies the only thing I've wanted to eat in the first tri is carbs, carbs, carbs.
November 2nd, 2012, 07:39 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat very hearty salads for lunch usually

brocoslaw
cherry tomatoes
black beans and/or spanish rice
avocado
cheese
yogurt dressing
November 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Today is finally Friday and I saved myself all week from going downstairs to the cafeteria. But today is the day! I'm getting my long-awaited grilled cheese and tomato soup - YUMMY!!!!! But normally I'm eating some combination of oatmeal, toast with PB, yogurt and granola, fruits, veggies, almonds, just the basic "healthy" foods. I'm not too wacky. This weekend I want to make those Pinterest egg soufle recipies... I'll make mine with eggs and diced chicken sausage with some white cheddar cheese. YUM! Those would be the perfect morning snack at work.
November 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha my lunch this week has been Mac and cheese
chessalove likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how I love mac and cheese. Lucky for me (I think) the packet kind flares my lactose intolerance so I have to go to all the effort of making it home-made with low lactose cheeses, so I can't eat it as often as I would like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by writergurrl View Post
I follow a paleo diet, so I eat waaaayyyyyy more meat than you do. (Looks like you might be a vegetarian?)
Intolerant to red meat and poultry. One bite of either of those and I am over a bucket for the rest of the day. I do eat a lot of seafood though, just usually not for lunch because it stinks up the work kitchen, haha.

(Yes, you counted that right, three intolerances. Plus allergies to egg and raspberries. My stomach and immune system are insane)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search