Brittany's Nursery Ideas

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't given it too much thought yet but I have been colleting some examples and ideas on my Pinterest board. There are also some other baby related pins on this board.

Coming Soon 2013

We will be using a room that's already been painted a turquoise-y color. The crib, dresser/changin table are both white. We are Team Green so we won't add too much until after baby is born. Right now I'm going to stick with some gray and yellow decorations and replace the yellow with red if we have a boy and probably add pink or orange if we have a girl.

I'll add some pictures of the room once we get it cleared out.
Sneetch and nameetog like this.

January 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Well we have kind of decided on a 'real life' Bambi theme. We are keeping things neutral (team green) with a Gray, White, Brown and Yellow. Then we will add green and turquoise if we have a boy and orange and pink if we have a girl. They will be brighter to add some pops to the other wise calm room.

Im trying to find a website/app to make a mood board so I can showcase some other ideas I have.

Here is the color of the room before:

And here is the gray we decided on:

Sorry the pictures are cruddy. I didn't have the camera handy so I had to use m phone, lol.

January 12th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Tonight I started the first 'big' project for the nursery, a wall mural! Im making one wall full of birch trees. I on,y cut one tonight but I hope to have it finished this week. Here is my 'computer' version and a crappy picture of the first tree:

Sneetch likes this.

January 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's going to look great! I love it.
MommysPocket likes this.
January 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
That's going to look great! I love it.
Thanks. I hope it turns out well.

Here is a quick mood board. Out colors are at the bottom. I hope to recover an old rocker with brown fabric and make some fake brown roman shades. We are also going to use antlers in the room but not a full head lol, the will be painted white and Ill add a necklace if we have a girl and a bow tie for a boy. I am going to DIY a mobile but can't decide between the paper lantern style or the Pom Pom style, thoughts?

Here is a quick mood board. Out colors are at the bottom. I hope to recover an old rocker with brown fabric and make some fake brown roman shades. We are also going to use antlers in the room but not a full head lol, the will be painted white and Ill add a necklace if we have a girl and a bow tie for a boy. I am going to DIY a mobile but can't decide between the paper lantern style or the Pom Pom style, thoughts?

January 13th, 2013, 06:04 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Super cute ideas!! I like the pom-pom style for a baby.

New picture in progress......
April 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Just realized I never updated the nursery progress. We still have plenty more to add but plan to do it after we have baby so we can use specific colors. Pictures are from my phone so not very good. The walls are a lighter gray color.

Her is the mural I put up. We will eventually add some bright silhouettes of animals (birds or owls, hedgehog, mushrooms and maybe a deer).

Here is a small closet and bookshelf. Obviously I still need to put the boos on it, lol.

I'm planning on putting a pom pom mobile up in the cubby area so we can use tat part as a little play spot. Right now DD swing is sitting there just in case. We are also going to switch out the pictures and artwork above the crib to be a lot more colorful. Oh and we co sleep so baby won't actually be using the crib much but once he/she does we will take the picture games down for safety.

This is th changing table area right across from the little cubby. I plan on either sewing or making a vinyl banner with baby's name for the wall.
HalfDozen likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
cute!! Great job! Wish I was half as creative!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search