Is anyone else's hair doing weird things?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiam
  • 5 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By writergurrl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
I have long hair....and it is being so irritating. I usually only wash it about once every 3-4 days and it always styles just the way I want it to. Since being pregnant....its extra oily, if I don't wash it like everyday I look like a greasy hood rat. It's matting on the bottom, like the underside by my neck is like a solid fur mat - its disgusting, I feel like a dog. It's awful.

I texted my stylist today and asked her if we could thin it out even more without taking length off because I really do like the length right now. I'm going to have to go see

DH HATES short hair - I would love to cut it about shoulder length so its easier but DH isn't on board.

Anyone else having some funky hair?

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

November 16th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't tell, I have dreads, they look the same no matter what's going on with my hair, haha.
pearlica and LessthanThree like this.
November 16th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Beautiful Life!
My hair always gets crazy during pregnancy. And I end up doing something drastic to it each time or crying to my hair dresser to do something to fix it! Of course she can't, but she listens to me wine anyways. The joys of pregnancy!

November 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I decided to chop it off.....going tomorrow to get it cut...I'll post pictures.....I can't take this matting

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

November 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Why don't you just wear it up and then you will still have the length when you want it and can pull it up too..
November 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Veteran
My husband insists on long hair, too. I've had it long for my whole life. I'd love to chop it to my chin, but he says "no."

I do wear mine pulled back almost all the time, though. Either in a ponytail or just clipped up. With two little ones, I gotta keep it off my face.
November 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I have to say, if my husband ever told me what to do with my hair, I would say "Is it on your head dear? Oh no, it isn't, suck it up."
tela, pearlica, Shea131 and 2 others like this.
November 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a short inverted bob and love it! I love that my hair has a style and doesn't just hang there... When it gets to long it just gets heavy and hangs.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

November 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton's Mommy View Post
I have a short inverted bob and love it! I love that my hair has a style and doesn't just hang there... When it gets to long it just gets heavy and hangs.
Do you have to blow dry it to make it look good? I want to get an inverted bob but I have wavy, fine hair and never use a dryer or product, so I normally go with a boring medium length or it looks messy. Pregnancy is the one time my hair looks good long though because it gets thicker.
November 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
My hair hasn't done anything weird but it's short. Can't wait for pictures of your new do!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
Haha, I have to say, if my husband ever told me what to do with my hair, I would say "Is it on your head dear? Oh no, it isn't, suck it up."
Bahaha...with most things I am like that, but I do want him to still find me attractive LOL - we actually talked about it tonight and I just told him, I know you like it longer, but if its in a ponytail all the time because its too difficult - whats the point? If I get it shoulder length, it can still go in a pony but can look cute down

And ps....I know he'll always find me attractive no matter what, but I'll always have it in the back of my mind that he prefers longer

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

November 17th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Super Mommy
It will be fun to see pics!

Last time around, my hair actually got nicer during pregnancy. I don't know what's going on this time, since my hair is always in a ponytail.
November 17th, 2012, 03:19 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
My hair has done the opposite! I'm now all itchy and dandruffy. I have been sleeping with my head coated in jojoba oil to try and balance it out.
November 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have short hair and now that I'm pregnant, my hair is super oily. Which means when I go to sleep, it gets stuck in whatever position it was in when I went to sleep. And when I wash it, it lays completely flat. Ugh.

November 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
My hair is also very long and I have noticed it has stopped coming out when I wash it or brush it and also its getting greasy quicker now. This has happened with all 3 of my pregnancies. With the last pregnancy it did not go back to normal until 5 weeks past loss.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the odd one out, my hair is never better than when I'm pregnant... but it makes up for it by torturing me after having the baby and it all falls out and is HORRIDLY dry and ... dead looking?

November 17th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
Hubby and I have a bargain: I keep my hair long for him, he keeps his military short for me. It's a mutual deal.

My hair always gets thicker, shinier and nicer during pregnancy. Then it falls out by the gobs after the baby is born. It comes out in such major clumps that I always fear I'll end up bald. I actually apologized to my stylist the last time I got my haircut post-birth because I was worried my hair was going to clog her sink.
marriedtoamountie likes this.
November 17th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Cicada's Avatar Regular
My hair is behaving quite nicely since I got pregnant. It's a wavy bob about to my chin, and I've been able to go 3 days without washing it as opposed to the 2 I was waiting before. I do use dry shampoo on days I don't wash, but it seems to be a lot less oily.
November 17th, 2012, 05:06 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^That's how I feel about my hair falling out! It's embarrassing how thin it gets... though the worst is when it starts to regrow and it looks like a toddler cut my bangs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search