Coffee intake

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 05:49 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey so with my first I cut out all caffeine second I cut back but lost the baby at 11w2d.. With my third I cut it out my first trimester but drank it after 12 weeks with my fourth I drank it until 6 weeks when it made me sick and then I drank a soda usually and then went bak to coffee once I could handle it again. This time I don't WANT to cut it out or cut back.. But I think I'll try to cut back the first trimester. What is everyone else doing?

-em

November 17th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that depending on how much you drink- that should be your ruler. I've cut back to 1 cup per day and I switch from drip to instant (less mg caffeine). Good luck!
November 17th, 2012, 06:02 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate coffee (even the fancy flavored drinks), so it's a non issue for me. I did cut out diet coke, but more b/c of the aspartame and also b/c I can hardly eat or drink anything right now. They say 1-2 cups of coffee per day is totally safe.
November 17th, 2012, 06:10 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My normal is 16oz in the morning..

November 17th, 2012, 06:13 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love coffee but gave it up while TTC. I drink one 6oz cup of decaf a week. With my history of m/c I just don't want to chance it.

Oct '11 June '12
November 17th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have cut out all caffiene for at least the first 12 weeks... I will see after that. I have switched to caffiene free diet coke, hot chocolate and flavored waters... oh and milk. I HATE MILK... but I am drinking it!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

November 17th, 2012, 07:27 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stopped drinking it when we decided to TTC. I only drink water, juice, almond milk and occasionally hot chocolate or mint tea (no caffeine).
November 17th, 2012, 07:35 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank a cup a day with my first pregnancy, my Dr. says 200mg of caffeine or less is fine. I stopped drinking coffee about 18 months ago due to anxiety. But I still have a caffeinated Tea every morning and sometimes in the afternoon as well. If its a really rough morning I will make a coffee and then water it down like crazy.
November 17th, 2012, 07:37 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #3 Due November 2016
I use to enjoy an occasional cup of coffee with breakfast once a week but I decided to stop doing that just to be cautious. I also don't drink soda at all (gave it up 1 1/2 years ago & never looked back); So it's just water for me!
November 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't drink coffee. I switched my pop to caffeine free so I don't feel guilty drinking it

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
I have about a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes a little boost mid-day (either a coke or a coffee/milk mix). This is similar to what I did during my first pregnancy and all was well.
November 17th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had already switched from coffee back to tea several months ago because I have problems with insomnia. A few days after finding out I was pregnant I cut out all caffeine. I think one cup a day is fine, but I am really sensitive to caffeine so one cup of coffee for me = 5 cups for a normal person. My first pregnancy I cut out all caffeine too, and then after she was born started drinking a ton.
November 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Twin Mama
I had 2 cups of coffee every morning, we switched to decaf when I found out I was pregnant. Also switched to caffein free and aspartame free soda, yay shasta brand! I didn't know about the whole after 12 weeks thing, might go back to regular coffee then since i dont drink an insane amount, but we'll see. I found flavored decaf coffee and it still tastes yummy so...

November 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love coffee and I love diet coke- but I really haven't had any urge to drink some. I have just been in love with sparkling spring water.

November 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
My weakness is lattes & tea ..... This is definitely going to be a hard habit to break. Today was my first day without either & I'm miserable

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
November 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
My taste is messed up at the moment so I am having no coffee intake at the moment.

I do only have 1 can of caffinated coke or cherry coke etc a day where as I used to have 2-3.

My age, his age and my late first tri loss this year has made me want to do as much by the book as possible.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The smell of it is enough to make me gag right now, so at the moment my coffee method is the following:

1. Identify coffee
2. Gag
3. Run around in circles not knowing what to do
4. Hide
pearlica likes this.
November 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I haven't limited or worried about caffeinated soda. I think I read something like under 200-250mg of caffeine is ok, and soda has way less.

Caffeine intake during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

November 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I'm down to one venti every day/every other day.. I'm a coffee addict. I'm drinking more tea now.. And I keep my water intake high.. I've been struggling with quitting since I started fertility meds but my RE never told me to quit per se, he just said cut back - a lot. LOL.

November 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I drink either 1 or 2 diet pepsi's a day. It's my weakness! I'm not a coffee drinker.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search