Layered Mint Fudge

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bean's Bistro: Layered Mint Fudge

• 12 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 14 oz. Can Sweetened Evaporated Milk
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 1 C. White Chocolate Candy Melts (I usually get mine at Michaels or a craft store in the candy section.)
  • 1 Tbsp. Peppermint Extract
  • Green Food Coloring
  1. In a medium saucepan, or a double boiler, melt the chocolate and 1 Cup of the evaporated milk over low heat, stirring often.
  2. As the chocolate melts and the milk mixes in, pour in the vanilla and blend with a spoon or rubber spatula until smooth. I prefer to use a heat resistant, non stick spatula so that I can use it for double duty when spreading the mix.
  3. Line an 8” or 9" square pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Spread half of the warm chocolate mixture evenly into the bottom of the lined pan. Place pan in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to chill/ harden slightly.
  4. Leave the remaining chocolate in the pot but turn off the heat, leaving it at room temperature. (Leaving it on the heat will burn the mixture.)
  5. While the chocolate cools, melt the white candy and the remaining sweetened evaporated milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Again, stir with a rubber spatula until it is mostly melted, and then add in the peppermint extract and the food coloring. Stir until smooth and melted.
  6. Remove the pan from the fridge and spread the mint mixture evenly on top of the chocolate. Be sure to not wait too long before spreading as the heat from the mint will start to melt the other chocolate, making even spreading difficult.
  7. Cool the pan in the fridge again for another 10-15 minutes until the mint is stiff.
  8. Return the regular chocolate mixture to low heat to soften it again. When the mint is hardened some, spread on the remaining chocolate on top, trying to make some pretty swirls. (Keep in mind this will be cut up, so it doesn’t have to look perfect!)
  9. Cool the entire layered pan for at least 2 hours, or even easier, overnight to harden.
  10. When cooled completely, remove the block of fudge from the pan using the liner paper. For easy clean-up, keep the paper on the bottom until after slicing into pieces.
  11. Using a large chef’s knife, or a similar long, heavy, sharp knife, cut the block of fudge into rows and then across into pieces. They can be as large or small as you’d like, but keep in mind it is very rich, so a little goes a long way.
  12. Store any uneaten fudge in the fridge so it does not get too melty.

December 5th, 2012, 10:02 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yum! I love mint/chocolate combos, so I'll definitely remember this one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search