So irritated with DH

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I told him that a few of you mommas were scheduling your inductions and that I can't believe it's time already.

He told me that I needed to get my induction scheduled. I reminded him politely that I don't want to be induced and that I want to go natural this time all on my own. I am not saying I am going all natural for the entire birth, but I want to labor at home for as long as I can and it will sound weird, but I want to "experience" my birth not just rush it this time. It is for sure my last time ever doing it and even though there is pain it is a magical experience.

He told me I am being ridiculous and difficult and that things would be a lot easier on planning for the care of our other 2 kids while I am in labor, his work schedule, my maternity leave, and our income tax return if she were born the last week in the year.

He doesn't get my reasons at all for not wanting to be induced and frankly I don't even think he is trying to understand. It doesn't matter though. I am NOT changing my mind and he will just have to suck it up. Birth by my body is going to be done my way this time. I am not budging on it.
Briar08 likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Ugh, what a pain. You already have two, so I'm sure he's noticed that there's nothing convenient after the baby is born, so why should one expect the birth to be conveniently on your clock, too? There are so many health reasons to let your baby be born when it's ready to be born, healthy for you and for your baby. (Medical issues aside, of course. There are plenty of medical contingencies that make induction necessary, but it doesn't sound like any of those reasons are on his list.)

Sounds like you already know this already, so I'm just commiserating. Sorry you have to deal with this conversation.

December 6th, 2012, 07:44 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's tough for sure trying to convey the woman's wants while still trying to satisfy the whole situation. I whole heatedly hope you get your natural birth.

December 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Sometimes men just don't understand this kind of stuff. Maybe after he cools off a bit, you can explain the differences medically nessacary inductions, planned inductions, etc.
I'm getting induced tomorrow- but it's definitely not for the reason of convienience! It's medically nessacary. Otherwise, I would want no other way than to let labor begin naturally on its own when the time it's right.
And really... Even with a planned induction, everything is still chaotic! We are still scrambling to figure out DD1's child care plans.
I wouldn't give in to him either, this is your body. Your choice!

December 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
You really shouldn't induce unless it is medically nec. anyway........just telll him that!
Mamayo likes this.

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
December 6th, 2012, 08:20 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you are sticking to your guns...DH will have to deal...I like your thinking.

There are plenty of articles out there that talk about why you shouldn't induce unless medically necessary...find some of those, and have him read them...maybe that will help him understand from a different perspective, rather than hearing it from you?
mommysc2 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search