Nursery organization

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tyra, I just got my shower stuff out and started detaching and washing today... So you are not alone. It is all in my dining room... Lol

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 9th, 2012, 10:54 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.Eyes4351 View Post
Tyra, I just got my shower stuff out and started detaching and washing today... So you are not alone. It is all in my dining room... Lol
LOL So glad I'm not the only one! My shower was November 2...and it's still siting there. January 2 may come around before I move any of it! I just have no motivation. Nesting is apparently going to skip me this time. This is the laziest I've been with any of my pregnancies! Then again, I didn't have two little boys and a job with those pregnancies either!!!

December 9th, 2012, 10:54 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hahahahahaha Mine is mostly in a tote...some on the papasan...and we still need a lot.

Er, the nursery is still storage. We should probably get on that. Hehehehe Assembling a bed, putting clothes away, and moving giant piles of boxes and dirty clothes and random other crap would probably be a good idea...

December 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um my shower was Oct 20th.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 10th, 2012, 05:23 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my shower was only just last week, but i'm so behind.

i have TONS of storage space in the nursery, and there's nothing up there yet... i feel like i can't do anything until other things are done. but, maybe i'm just making excuses to not start a potentially big job?

i want to put the mattress in the crib and set that all up, but all i have in terms of bedding is a breathable bumper and two plain sets of sheets my mom happened to pick up for me as "extra." meanwhile, the only things i didn't get for the shower that i registered for are the linens. so the sheets i had picked out i still need to buy, and i don't have a crib skirt yet, or a changing pad/covers.

i have all the clothes sorted by size, but nothing's washed because i'm afraid to take tags off of anything, and again, i'm missing stuff. i don't know what should go in the closet, what should go in the lower dresser which is my changing table, and what should go in the tall dresser. i certainly don't have enough to fill all three.
December 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.Eyes4351 View Post
Um my shower was Oct 20th.
I love you!!! LOL

December 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also bought the Ikea canvas holders for the dresser drawers, and the plastic containers for under the bed with the bigger size clothes in them.
December 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiMimi View Post
One more tidbit....

Don't forget about using under the bed boxes for storage under the crib. I have a plastic storage box on wheels under each of the girls beds and it is great. I have crib skirts, so you don't even see them.
YES! Thank you for reminding me of that!! Must remember to purchase some under bed containers this week.

December 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Uh, I haven't even really started on the boys nursery. We moved back in April to this house and a lot of stuff is still in boxes. I have yet to paint the boys room. Oh well. Life will go on.

December 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, we've finally started moving stuff OUT of what will be the nursery, so that's progress! A few more things, random boxes and stuff, and we can vacuum, shampoo, clean, paint. We got this bedding set last week: peacock bed set. But, before that can go out, we have to throw a blow up mattress in there for guests for Christmas. DH said something last night about building a platform to put it on? ***? this is the ONLY time it will EVER get used, really? The good thing is that he'll never find time to do it, so at least there's that.

I'm going to order the bedroom furniture this week, I'm getting a set nearly identical to my sons. This set from JCPenny I'll organize the drawers the same, since it worked well for us last time. In the tall dresser, the top drawer was all socks, soft shoes, hats, mittens, etc. I used some fabric bins to keep them separate. The next drawer was onesies, then pants, then the bottom drawer was outfits I wanted to keep together. On top of the shorter dressser I put the changing pad, and a large divided basket for diapers, creams, lotions, pacis, a couple of toys, etc, just stuff needed for changing baby. Top drawer was recieving blankets, burp cloths. Might add a few cloth diapers this time for extra storage. The small top drawer held bibs. Middle drawer was sleepers and gowns, I wanted those handy for middle of the night spit ups and accidents where he needed changed. Bottom drawer held extra bedding. The large door section held extra wipe refills, and bags of current size diapers. It also fit the diaper genie, but was really inconvienent so that didn't last long.

In the closet, we didn't end up hanging anything but outerwear, it just didn't work for us in these tiny sizes. But I had tons of large fabric bins for holding extras of, well, everything. Diapers, wipes, bathroom stuff, diaper bags, clothing in larger sizes separated out, and larger baby items along the floor (bumbo, etc). so, I'm planning to order fabric bins for baby girls room too, or get them somewhere, I just haven't found any that I like enough yet.

I still have a lot of baby items to pick up from my sister that my niece is done with, but we did get the bassinet and my pump, and a bunch of clothes, so we're good to go for now I guess. I still hope to get it all organized in the next 6 weeks or so and have a week to rest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search