Preschool Questions

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 07:52 AM
momneedscoffee13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Yahoo to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Skype™ to momneedscoffee13
I'm getting ready to put Connor in preschool at the beginning of the year, just two days a week. I'm going to visit a few of them this week...what sort of questions do you usually ask when touring a preschool? I know for me, personally, I want to make sure they will do cloth diapers and I won't have to buy disposables just for preschool. And obvious safety questions...what did you want to know when deciding on a preschool?

Thanks

December 11th, 2012, 08:05 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I asked about curriculum, how big the class is, their routine. I also asked about cloth diapers too. Our church preschool had no problem with cloth for Abri since her teacher had used cloth on her children years ago.

December 11th, 2012, 09:24 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Here all the preschools I have found you must be potty trained to attend so I wouldnt be asking about cloth diapers. For us the main factor is how do they go about "discipline" how do they talk to the children? Is it positive or negative? For instance at the preschool our oldest went to they used walking feet and gentle touches which was awesome for us since it went with our parenting style.

December 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
child to teacher ratios, make sure they have a good amount of playtime. My daughter went to an extremely structured one to begin with and she got incredibly frustrated because they didn't allow them to play much. If Connor isn't potty trained, you might want to find out if they are going to help in his potty training. Here, they all wanted them potty trained or at least in the training stage so they could help the process along.

December 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I taught preschool for the 2 years before moving back to our hometown this summer. At this school, we only took potty trained children. I totally understand your concern, but maybe you should ask about that policy before bringing up the cloth diapers. From my experience, some of the questions parents asked were about teacher:student ratio, class size, curriculum, centers, snack/lunch, discipline, sick policy...
December 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
momneedscoffee13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Yahoo to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Skype™ to momneedscoffee13
That's interesting so many preschools only take potty trained toddlers! Luckily, in this area, that is not the case. I have a lot of friends with kids the same age or younger at the preschools I'm looking at, so I know that the potty training thing won't be an issue (thankfully, because Connor is no where near ready!)

December 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The preschool I worked at was for children 3-5... so it makes more sense for them to be potty trained. I just saw that Conner is 2 1/2.
December 11th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Super Mommy
Many of the questions I asked have already been listed. I did make sure to ask how many teachers are in the room at a time. I also wanted to know about staff turnover. I didn't want my daughter in a school where she could potentially have several different teachers throughout the year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search