So, what do you have left to to?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaTooters
  • 1 Post By joellejello

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I am due on January 9th so today makes me 36 weeks and 4 days!

I still have to pack the hospital bag.....for some reason I have been putting this off but I made a promise to myself that I would do it today!!

We have to move one pic on the wall as the baby mobile is now blocking it...lol!

Install the car seat

Put the crib bedding and Bassinet bedding on.....I am thinking of waiting to do this to advoid dust, esp sice she won't even be in the crib right away.....idk!

I ordered a laundry hamper baggie thing that hangs so once that comes it just needs to ge hung up....

Plus the holidays are here and my son's birthday is Tuesday so everything is pretty much done for that, just have to get to the supermarket and get some last minute things......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 16th, 2012, 07:48 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep telling myself that since I'm due at the very end of the month, it's just fine that I'm behind everyone else here on preparations. But then when you put it out there -- I'm beginning to think I really need to get my butt in gear since there's only a 2-week difference between you and mean and a mile and a half-long to-do list.

The most embarrassing on the list is the car seat, which I have picked out, but not yet ordered (can't get it in-store). The rest of the list is embarrassingly long, but at least none of it essential to actually bringing my child home and taking care of her.

I didn't realize how exhausted, immobile and generally in pain I would get in the lat month. Somehow I thought I'd be skipping around doing fun baby stuff, perhaps even whistling a tune while doing it.
December 16th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Super Mommy
I need to finish up a couple more freezer recipes to have a full freezer for after baby

Need to gather together misc. birth supplies and organize them neatly in our room. Our birth kit has already arrived

We need to get the birth tub, and set it up a week or so before my due date

Need to organize baby things near our bed

Need to install car seat. My mom has hinted at getting us a new one I shared I'd like, but it hasn't arrived yet if that's what they'll get. I will install our baby seat from DC#4 & 5 after Christmas if it hasn't, since I'll be 36 weeks then

I've done a lot, gotten most of the freezer cooking done, have washed and folded baby clothes in a bin by our bed, have prepped and stuffed newborn diapers... and the birth kit is here. But I still feel very far from ready. I've been trying to finish up business projects and hope the end of this week will see all the major ones wrapped up. Next week I can enjoy the holidays and finish up the organizing that I want to do for baby.

And hopefully get that car seat in
December 16th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have SO much to do, omg.

Haven't even bought a car seat yet. We're having a shower on the 30th and I think it's possible that someone will get one for us, so I hate to get one ahead of time. If I go into labor before then I guess hubby will just have to run out to babiesrus or something, lol. Or borrow one from a friend to get home with, lol. We'll figure it out, I'm not too worried.

Need to buy baby essentials, like diapers and wipes and baby shampoo / lotion, etc. I don't have any of that. I'm still kind of freaking out a little at the thought of needing all that stuff again, it feels like SO long ago that we had a tiny baby!

Need to wash all his clothes (working on that today). And organize our bedroom. I'm ordering a new bed for us tomorrow so I feel like I can't do a lot until I get that taken care of.

Oh, and, pick out a name for him, lol!

December 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well we have less than 2 weeks now (possibly sooner depending on what all my appointments say), so we're really trying to get our butts into gear! We have the carseat installed, but need to get it checked over by a professional, all of his clothes are washed, just need to be hung in his closet and organized. We have half the hospital bag packed, so need to add a few more items to that, and do an in depth cleaning of our house to make sure it's not too dusty when Parker comes home. So minimal stuff, but still seems like a lot. Oh and I have no breast pump, so need to figure that out soon too. Eek! So soon!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

December 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like Marybeth said- Decide on a name! That will prob happen in the hospital though

I want to make sure and keep the house dusted and when I take the Christmas tree down (prob the day after Christmas) We'll set up the swing and bouncy seat.

I finally got around to cleaning the fridge yesterday but do still want to scrub the kitchen floor. Thats about it. Other than the normal stuff of vaccuming and dishes.

December 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh I have SO MUCH cleaning still left to do, I didn't even put that. Trying to decide if I want to just hire someone to do it or buckle down and do it myself. I keep thinking if I can manage to do it myself, I could use that money for something else! But how nice it would be to just sit back and have it magically be cleaned by someone else, lol. Argh I don't know what to do.

December 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Cleaning.
Installing a car seat. We may not actually do that until Baby is a few weeks old, since we know how, and the baby won't be going anywhere.
Cleaning.

That's it on the HAVE to do list. I have a couple of knitting projects I wouod like to do, but it won't be a big deal if I don't have time. I woukd also like to find time to do a belly cast, and henna, but again, it won't be the end of the world if I don't.

Wow, that makes me feel super prepared! Oh yeah, except for the name thing. We do t even have a list yet. Yikes

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (13), Selene (9), Garvin (7), Gwen (4), Thomas (2.5), and a bonus surprise, due 30 April 2016
December 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM
BlackDahlia's Avatar Member
Actually, nothing left to do, I have my bag ready, a housefull of people who can cook and clean while im in the hospital, the babys name, clothes, bed etc, just need baby lol.

December 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Ohhhhh, everything.

I have a car seat picked out, and I have a coupon and gift card to use toward it, I just have to wait on my next short term disability check to get here...

We're still working on things around the house... too much to do. I know we'd be ok, even if she came tomorrow, but I would like to have things done.

December 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Expecting #1 & 2
I have been done with everything since I was 30 weeks not knowing what would happen.

My house isn't as clean as I would like, but tough.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

December 16th, 2012, 03:26 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
We're still unpacking and getting things in order. We need to make the baby's room NOT storage, get some clothing items, diapers, wipes, blankets, and everything else. We have a seat that we got from freecycle, and we brought our crib with us. I need to pack bags, find someone to watch kids (which is a challenge, being new to the area), tour the hospital (I don't even know where L&D is), figure out a couple of names, clean, clean, clean, organize, organize, organize (or, at least make a path through the rooms-yikes!), maybe cook a couple of things for the freezer (we left our big freezer behind when we moved out here, so I'm missing it now), get Christmas up, shopping finished, and cooking as done as possible, just in case, and more. I'm so far behind. I just can't DO much!

December 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I FINALLY PACKED MY HOSPITAL BAG YESTERDAY!!
I am missing a few tiny things from there, but will pick them up this week. (hard candies and some cash for vending machine snacks)
However,
-I still dont have the carset installed...its still in the box in the basement.
- I still have to put the sheets on the basinet mattress
- I have to wash the bottles, and buy equiptment to wash the bottles
- Pick up some formula...all I have is the samples I been taking from the DR every visit lol I love freebies.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
December 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm slowly getting stuff ready. The biggest issue is the "stuff" since we got rid of most our baby things and didn't have a shower... I'm *almost* done buying things, just need to buy bedding.

I just bought her "coming home" outfit today. I will pack my bag after Christmas when we are done traveling.

I need to paint her room and put up the decals/ wall art. Also move in furniture, wash & put on bedding (after I buy it), and find baskets or totes for the changing table.

All her newborn clothes need to be washed & organized. I'm planning on working on this tomorrow.

I also will *hopefully* wash and get the carseat ready tomorrow, but will wait and DH will install it when we bring the baby home.

I'm sure there are other things that I will think of later...
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

December 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
I need to pack my hospital bag, install the carseat, and clean the house. I'v been sooo tired I just been wanting to sleep all day long.

December 16th, 2012, 09:22 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything!
Mamayo likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to say thank you to everyone for helping me make my mile long list of things that need to be done! I think just about everything mentioned above other than painting went on my list (and we just painted this weekend!). I guess in this case it's a good thing I'm not due until the END of January!
kbpeanut likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^I'm also feeling waaaay better about the length of my list (as well as adding things that I had not thought of). So thank you, ladies!

Also, ordered the car seat last night. Good thing, since it could take 3 weeks to get here. But I *think* that means we have the bare essentials taken care of, that is, we will be allowed to take our baby home, have a place for her to sleep (although temporarily, since at the moment it's just a pack-n-play), diapers to catch her poop, clothing to keep her warm and, with any luck, mom's functioning boobs to feed her.
December 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hospital bags, diaper bag.
Install car seat
Hang changing table mobile
Frame and hang wall prints
Order and install shelving on walls
Clean/reorg kitchen cabinets to make room for baby stuff

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | Pregnancy Journals: Nugget (or here) and Baxter (or here)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search