I seriously may hurt someone!!

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kreb
  • 1 Post By Blieving4more
  • 1 Post By dezimom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 08:15 AM
sparkle04's Avatar Loving my chaotic life!!
If one more random person asks me when i am due and i tell them March..... and i get another snotty "well you look like your about to pop" Or there is no way your going to make it" comment i may physically hurt them. Do they think i don't know how big my belly is and do they think their comments make me feel better? Sorry just needed to vent.
December 18th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband said I need to stop throwing daggers with my eyes at people! lol I said they should think before they speak. plus I still look better than them!
Vent away! I'm sure you look great! people are jealous they didn't look this good pregnant!
December 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Veteran
I feel the same way. People are so rude and I think half the time, they don't even realize it. I have made a habit of avoiding eye contact with strangers, that way they don't feel compelled to make some sort of comment to me. That is so annnoying!

December 18th, 2012, 08:50 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. I'm short so there isn't anywhere for this little girl to go but out so I already look huge and I get comments all the time! "Are you sure you have the right due date?" Really gets me going.

I swear people have no tact anymore when it comes to pregnant women, they just think they can say whatever they want to us. It's very rude and annoying. Therefore, I think we should have a free pass to smack people.

December 18th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
Ugh I know exactly what you mean. Im huge this time around because its my 3rd pregnancy and I have gestational diabetes. So everyone feels the need to ask me if I am having twins again. -.-

Not only does everyone feel the need to ask me this, they feel the need to ask me every single freaking time I see them. I honestly want to spit on them (I wont but I think of it)

December 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Veteran
Yeah people are just so very rude! I have family members that tell me that I could be having twins even though I'm not that big, I'm like no I've had several u/s and there is only one, and then they hit me with, "well one could be hiding behind the other." Ok, unless they are moving at the exact time and in the exact same way during the u/s there are no twins. I hate having to argue with them and defend myself over what I know is the truth. Then having to go into how advanced u/s have gotten over the years, just frustrating!
December 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Veteran
It stinks to deal with those comments, especially when we're tired and hormonal! I'm so tired of getting the opposite: "You're so tiny, you can't be more than 4 months!" I love when I get a random "Oh you look great" though, why can't everyone just say that?!

December 18th, 2012, 11:05 AM
kreb's Avatar Veteran
I just tell people I don't know what they're talking about... I'm not pregnant! Their jaws drop.

I get more of the "you look tired" "are you feeling ok?" comments. I get it... I look haggard. Be thankful I took a shower and brushed my teeth today!
Strawberry21 likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 12:36 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand that and I had it alot with my past 2 pregnancies..this one I have been wearing baggy and big clothes alot ..not to necessarily hide the pregnancy..but just so i dont get comments like those..lol

December 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
I think we should wear buttons that say "warning, if you feel the need to comment on how big my belly is then I feel the need to hit you" or something to that affect. This way we have the right to hit them since we gave them fair warning. This weekend I got "wow honey you really look pregnant in that dress" duh I AM almost 30 weeks pregnant so YEAH I am going to look pregnant. State the obvious much?
sparkle04 likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hug* Try to ignore them (even though it's tough).
December 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle04 View Post
If one more random person asks me when i am due and i tell them March..... and i get another snotty "well you look like your about to pop" Or there is no way your going to make it" comment i may physically hurt them. Do they think i don't know how big my belly is and do they think their comments make me feel better? Sorry just needed to vent.
Yep Im getting that too, just started :/
and it is really rude I find when they say crap like that.
Insensitive even
Someone asks me when I'm due and I tell them March, and they go Oh well My Daughter is due earlier and shes smaller than you!!
Or " Are you sure" yes I'm sure... FFS right? lol

BTDT MOMMY.

December 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rude!! people just need to refrain from commenting on pregnant women altogether. Seriously. My issue is that when I tell people I am due beginning of March, they act like it's an eternity or something! Like I still have sooooo much longer to go. 10 weeks (if he doesn't come early) is NOT that long. Grrr.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

December 18th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Regular
Oh yes, I've been getting those a lot. Especially since this is my 4th and my 3rd was so little I am almost as big now with this one as i was when I had her (and i've already gained just as much weight). The other day someone said to me "oh my goodness I haven't seen you in so long I didn't realize you were pregnant, are you going to be on maternity leave by xmas?" and I replied, "no, I'm not pregnant, it's a tumor..." you should have seen the look she gave me. It lightened my mood right up LMAO
sparkle04 likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get a few comments about baby should be here soon. I went to church for the first time since October (we've been sick a LOT). Dh had to work so he wasn't with me... I had several people ask if he was staying home with the "new baby"???? I thought my belly was nice, big, and firm enough to not look like a possible PP belly?!?

The comments that annoy me the most right now are everyone predicting how my other two kids will react to baby. How ds is going to have a terrible time. One lady even told me it's going to "break his heart". I already have my anxieties and guilty mommy feelings of how having another baby will change things... but I am planning to do my best to make sure all the kids feel involved and loved as much as possible. It's an adjustment for ALL of us. Of course there are all kinds of negative things---but what about all the many positives? What about how proud my kids will be to have another sibling? They LOVE each other and I know when this baby is big enough to play they will have so much fun together.
December 19th, 2012, 05:32 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work in an ER and I hear this my entire shift. It is so frustrating. I know I am only 4'9" so its to be expected but OMG I don't want to hear another stranger tell me how they can't believe I am only pregnant with one and that my due date isn't right around the corner. :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search