Baby Registry...

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cortney6983
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After the New Year I plan on doing my baby registry. Any tips and must 'haves' to out on the registry?? Thanks!

Forever missing my angel 2010

December 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started mine a wile ago the cool thing is most have like must have lists and typical stuff
December 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
We finished ours about a month ago. I can PM you mine if you want to look. I got ideas by looking at other registries too

Where are you looking to register?

December 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
It's hard to figure out what you need as apposed to wants and things you THINK you need i have a lot even though i tried to have as few as possible! (this is my first) so I do need a lot but i have very few people for a baby shower so I have to also get a few things myself, think of things like diapers different sizes, wipes, car seat, stroller, crib, mattress, co sleeper, bottles, if you are breast feeding a breast pump and other things to help the pain, i would not do many clothes, swing, play yard, sheets, health care kit, shampoos, lotions, butt creams, diaper rash ointment, burp cloths, pacifiers, teething rings, walker, jumper, bouncer, bibs, waterproof crib pad, breast milk bags, formula, breast feeding pillow, dresser, audio monitor, high chair, some clothes (hats, one pieces, socks ect), changing table, car window shades, bath, the temp spoons , rattles, toys .. ect...

now this is just a randomly list of stuff i could think of not all of it will be your preference either! i have two family members who are pregnant and have totally different things than i do, I stuck with things i needed that i could NOT do without a fewwww things i wanted but i have a limited budget and so does most of the family so I have to make sure I can get the things i need, I also asked around to those who had a young girl to see if they had anything they could hammy down. I know most people love to shop for baby clothes so i didn't put much clothes on my registries (i have two) =P hope this helps A LITTLE!
KrissyS likes this.

December 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Last year when I registered (because there were almost 10 years between my baby and my next oldest), they kept trying to talk me into adding items. I only had 30-40 items on my registry, and most people have a minimum of over 100. As a non-first-time mom, I only registered for items that I KNEW I would need. As a result, I didn't end up having to return anything that had been on my registry and was purchased.

New picture in progress......
December 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Melissa that would be great! I went out and about today looking at stuff and really wanted to start buying things but kept wondering if those things should be on my registry.

Anytime I start to look at buy items I get sooo overwhelmed! I will be getting a lot of hand me downs because I already have two nephews so I know I will not be registering for any clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
We finished ours about a month ago. I can PM you mine if you want to look. I got ideas by looking at other registries too

Where are you looking to register?
I plan to register at Target and BRU.

December 23rd, 2012, 03:18 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can definitely be overwhelming.

I wouldn't put a lot of clothes on there. People will get clothes & toys, anyway. If you do put clothes, I'd do onesies, sleepers, socks, hats, etc. I also wouldn't put things like bottles or pacis...some babies are really particular, And you may want to see what works first. Same thing with diapers/wipes.

Here are some things I'd put on there:
Sheets/bedding/decorations for the nursery
Possibly furniture...though I didn't ever feel comfortable putting big stuff like that on there. But you never know.
A changing table pad and cover
Blankets for swaddling
Maybe a SwaddleMe...I loved those
Burp cloths
A boppy
A swing
A bouncy seat
A play mat
Stroller
Maybe a carseat; if you're using an infant seat, maybe also an extra base to use in another car.
Bath stuff
A baby monitor
Humidifier

That's what comes to mind. I'm sure there's more.
blueeyes25s and nameetog like this.

December 23rd, 2012, 05:57 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
One thing that I was told when doing mine that was a really good point that I didn't think about, was the less you have on it, the higher chance people will buy what you ask for. That means that you will get what you need, and not just the less expensive smaller cute things.

December 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I set one up just to keep track of the things I want. If someone wants to know what I want I direct them there. Honestly.... Babies don't need near as much crap as the store will lead you to believe! With my first I bought into the whole "must haves" and ended up returning most of it. I simply never used any of it. Swings, bouncers, bassinets, al unnecessary. Sometime nice to have, depending on your baby, but definitely not "must haves". They also take up a TON of space!

December 23rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Regular
I started mine a while ago. I started with Babys R Us. They have this thing where once your due date comes anything that people didnt buy, you get a discount on. Also, they have the VIB rewards thing that puts money towards diapers and wipes. I also did a walmart one. There was a few things i saw in walmart while i was in there that i liked better than the one i registered for at BRU. Remember, take your time. You can go back and redo it or add/subtract stuff. You can also go online and do adds/subtracts. I just went through and wrote down my list and realized i thought i put stuff on there and i didnt and theres stuff that i doubled up on by accident. Have a friend or family member help you. I am going to get together with my sister after Christmas and go over my lists and see what i should readjust. Another thing... if you go on a weekend you will be fighting crowds. Id wait until after christmas break is over, people wont be there with their kids exchanging or using gift cards, and go on a weeknight if you can.
December 24th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I definitely do not intend on registering for clothes because I know how much people love to buy clothes regardless plus I have a 1 year and 5 month old nephew so I might be set on clothes .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search