Annoyed

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Allie_SMg
  • 1 Post By .H.e.a.t.h.e.r.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I love my OB, her office seems like they have NO clue what is going on!

I have my first ultrasound Monday, and I called to ask if it would be vaginal or abdominal (just because I wanted to know). She said the orders said abdominal. Can you even see anything abdominally at 7w5d?? And if you go by when I think I Oed I would only be 7w0d on Monday. Everything I have read says it is too early to see anything abdominally that early. And don't you have to have a full bladder for abdominal? She didn't tell me to do anything!!!

So annoyed.
January 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If they cant see anything im sure they'll switch to vaginal. Thats what they did with me. At 6 weeks 4-6 days they said they could see a baby but not enough to get measurements so they went vaginal. For abdominal you have to have a really full bladder so id drink 32oz of water an hour before going. It sucks but the fuller it is the more they can see baby. Good luck!
mamalamb and jkbaxter612 like this.

January 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Mommy of 3
My first ultrasound with my son was at 8 wk 2 days. It was abdominal and they saw everything and we heard the heartbeat.
But yeah I'm sure if they're having trouble they'll switch to vaginal

January 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_SMg View Post
For abdominal you have to have a really full bladder so id drink 32oz of water an hour before going. It sucks but the fuller it is the more they can see baby. Good luck!
Thats what I thought too - they didnt tell me to drink water or anything! WTH!
January 10th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Had an abdominal scan at exactly 7 weeks with my first. They saw her and the heartbrmeat.

*** iPhone I'm going to leave that auto correct purely because its funny.
Bookreader likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I was 7w0d ay my u/s and they could see by doing abdominal (and I'm not a small girl), I assumed they would have to do vaginal but she found baby nice and easy.
I was called an hour before they could see me (first thing in the morning) and I hadn't drank anything yet. I drank a bottle of water on the way, by the time I got there I desperately had to pee so I did, then I chugged another bottle before they called me in and she said my bladder was plenty full enough.

January 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here they do vaginal for anything before 12 weeks. My one I was 14 weeks and they did abdominal, but before they started they said if she couldn't get a good view they'd do a vaginal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search