Allie's Pregnancy Journal

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Super Mommy
I finally feel confident in writing this!

Nov 1/12- Found out I was pregnant. We weren't trying so I had no idea when my LMP was and no idea if AF was late. The only reason I tested was because I had a dream I was pregnant, and the Iced Latte I was drinking didn't make me feel so good. I was shocked when it was positive. I told DH (crying, because I didn't know how he would react..okay, SOBBING saying "I'm ruining your liiiiife") by giving him an infant Toronto Maple Leafs jersey. He was happy

Dec 24/12- Had my first ultrasound for dating. Baby measured 12 weeks, 1 day- perfectly in line with the only possible day we could have conceived. Heartbeat was 160bpm.

Told my family that night with a Christmas ornament that said "Little Baby H."

Dec 26/12- Told DHs family with a wrapped ultrasound pic.

Jan 9/13- Had 2nd appointment with OB/GYN. He told me that the NT measurement was large (later, investigating my ultrasound pics I saw it was 3.6mm), and that he was referring me to a high risk doctor. He said the tech most likely measured wrong. Heartbeat was 149bmp. This same day I also pointed out a dark spot on the ultrasound to DH and said "I don't think that's normal."

Jan 28/13- FINALLY got to see the high risk doctor. He was amazing and worth the wait. Confirmed the OB/GYNs suspicions that the NT was measured wrong. He showed me where it should have been measured, and said it was in normal range. He WAS concerned and had asked to see me because the ultrasound showed a cyst on the abdomen. They were concerned it had something to do with the cord, but the ultrasound showed it did not. Dr is pretty certain it is benign. He thinks it is possibly an ovarian cyst (if baby is a girl) or is something left from bowel formation. The cyst will disappear before birth, but if not it is a simple procedure to remove it.

Everything else looks perfect. No markers for Down Syndrome or any other chromosomal abnormality. He wants to see me in 2 weeks to confirm this. Baby measured 17weeks, 2 days (one day ahead) and heartbeat was 150bpm.

He tried to get a good profile pic for us, but baby was sleeping and didn't want to cooperate. Baby actually took a swing at the doctor (takes after me!)!

Last edited by houghtie2.0; February 6th, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
February 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
Feb 6/13- Ob/gyn appointment today. Up 6lbs from my starting weight. Heartbeat was between 142-148.
February 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
Feb 11/13- Had my 2nd ultrasound with the high risk doctor. The cyst is still there, but it hasn't grown at all! A 7mm cyst looks huge on a 12 week baby, but not so big on a 19 week baby! Baby weighed 10oz, is measuring a day ahead, and is in the 58th percentile.

Everything else looks good. The doctor really doesn't think the cyst will cause any complications, especially if it doesn't grow. He is pretty certain because of it's location that it is a duplication cyst of the intestine, or a cyst in the tissue of the intestine. We didn't find out the sex (and don't want to), but I'm pretty sure I saw the 3 little lines when Doc was checking it out, and (as I told DH), I didn't see a wiener (hehe)!

He wants to do another ultrasound at 28 weeks just to check on things, but he's certain nothing will change.

I also met with the Perinatal Nurse who sets up all of the Prenatal Classes and gives you all of the information on breastfeeding, etc. We're not going to be able to do the classes at the hospital here because they only offer them on Tuesday and Wednesday nights...which are the only two nights I work! DH wants to do a weekend class anyway, so we're doing them at a nearby university.

I was pretty pleased that the nurse told me they heavily encourage birth plans, skin on skin, and breastfeeding. I come from a very traditional area that is not big on chance, so this made me really happy.

My OB/GYN has been known to rush things along and destroy your bits & pieces with his giant hands in the process, so I will make sure to have NO rushing (unless absolutely necessary) in my plan. They have 10 doctors on rotation in L&D, so there's only a 1 in 10 chance of him delivering (I have to be an anomaly, NOT wanting my regular doctor to deliver!). My high risk doc (who I LOVE), works Friday days, plus every 10th night, so I told DH I have to make sure I go into labour on a Friday!
February 18th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
20 weeks, 1 day & I can still button my jeans!
March 6th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
I had an ob/gyn appointment today. I gained 6lbs (up a total of 12) and baby's heartbeat was 140-150. He said everything was good, but...

My fundal height measured at 28 weeks :O

The doctor wasn't concerned, and I'm SURE it's because I'm soooo constipated. Even my mom mentioned this morning how I looked significantly bigger than yesterday, and I told her it was because I was so full of poop! I've been pretty uncomfortable the last couple of days because of it.

I should also mention that DH felt baby kick for the first time last week (March 1). He was pretty excited.
April 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Super Mommy
Had an appointment with the high risk doctor today (after throwing up during my glucose test).

Everything looks NORMAL! As far as the doctor can tell, the cyst is gone. He thinks it may have been a part of the gut that was just later forming. He said everything looking like its working perfectly.

And baby is in the 88th percentile, already measuring 3lbs3oz, so if it keeps on that trend it will be a "high 8lb baby" if I go full term. The doctor wasn't concerned, but I was so he offered to do another ultrasound in 6 weeks to check on the growth.

I will post pics later

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search