Scheduled C-section

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelllilee
  • 1 Post By JessKeller24
  • 2 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Super Mommy
My first was a classic c-section so I was told I had to have another. So, I wonder being due Aug 14th could I have a July baby? I didn't ask the Dr at the first appt because I feel like that is so far ahead. When does your Dr schedule c-sections?

January 29th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Generally they do not do planned c-sections any earlier than 39 weeks to ensure the best health outcome for the baby. So, likely, you're looking at sometime around August 7
alittlelost likes this.
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
January 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most docs don't do it a day before 39 weeks. A few do it 10 days before. I had mine with my youngest at 38w6d (by the date they told me I was 39w). And they had to get special permission from the hospital and head OB.
alittlelost likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they usually want you to be at least 39 weeks?

January 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my twins I had the scheduled section at exactly 37 weeks. Dr. said that with twins they take them at 37 weeks. I was SO READY to have them OUT.

With my son I was scheduled at exactly 39 weeks.

With this one, I am sure it will be the same.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
January 29th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
It will be nice to know the exact day of babies birthday. If it were me, I'd have some cake and order a HUGE tray of sushi to be brought for my supper.
BeachMum and alittlelost like this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
January 29th, 2013, 11:29 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
It will be nice to know the exact day of babies birthday. If it were me, I'd have some cake and order a HUGE tray of sushi to be brought for my supper.
It'd have to be the next day, or at least here it would. They put you on a liquid diet for 24 hrs. Sucks! I will though be having someone sneak me in some food.

January 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Super Mommy
Hmm I wonder what my dr thinks bc with DD she was planning 34 weeks but we didn't make it that far. But I also had elevated levels and complications most of the time.

January 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If there are complications then they will go earlier, of course, it's a risk v benefit for the baby at that point. I haven't had a c section yet, luckily, but I did have to be induced at 36 weeks because of some issues. DD was barely 5 pounds and had to be in the NICU for awhile, it wasn't fun at all . I was really happy we were able to go to 39 weeks with DD2!

I bet your dr will see how things are going and then make a call as it gets closer.

January 29th, 2013, 12:12 PM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
They like it at week 39. I refused with DS3 because it was his brother's birthday! So they were very unhappy with me, but I had him 2 days before his actual due date.

All they kept saying was one contraction and you go to the hospital!! This is serious; your uterus could rupture being your 3rd c-section.

Guess what - I was fine...Hoping to push it closer to the due date again with this baby; otherwise I'm looking at July 31st/August 1st. I would like my 12 weeks get me as close to November as possible!! I would prefer the end of the year, but that can’t happen.

They told me after 2 c-sections you no longer get the v-bac options. I didn't like going in scheduled with one, I preferred being in labor. I asked if I could wait until labor started to go in and have it done, but that was a no!
January 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Super Mommy
Yup. I can't wait to get to the 40 weeks (If she lets me). As uncomfortable as everyone says they get, I can't wait lol. I felt robbed the first time around.

January 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2RickyRanaJavier View Post
It'd have to be the next day, or at least here it would. They put you on a liquid diet for 24 hrs. Sucks! I will though be having someone sneak me in some food.
unless you're in a birth center! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin_0225 View Post
Hmm I wonder what my dr thinks bc with DD she was planning 34 weeks but we didn't make it that far. But I also had elevated levels and complications most of the time.
I would think it depends on how the pregnancy is going. If the pregnancy is going well, I'm sure they'll let you got to 39+ weeks. If baby is trying to come early, then they'll need to do the C-section earlier.
January 29th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Super Mommy
I wasn't in labor. She just stopped growing. Blood flow was bad and there was no fluid. So, they took her from me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search