My u/s today

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
was kinda disappointing, actually. The tech had the screen positioned so that I could hardly see anything, even after I asked her and she tilted it down. Hubby couldn't be there with me, so I was all by myself. The pictures I got aren't that good either- two of baby's skull and one of his/her shins and they are super grainy. They actually look a little better scanned into photobucket, but Lucy (2) is actually scared to look at the one where you can see Baby's eye sockets. When it was done the tech remarked "you don't even look pregnant!" which I know she intended as a compliment but just makes me feel fat.

Oh, and I got a message from my mom telling me to take care of myself because my grandma's sister and my great grandmother died in childbirth and she just saw an episode of a certain show (I won't tell which one in case it is a spoiler for anybody reading this) where a character had eclampsia and died and it made her think of me.

I'm so tired of all the negativity, I wish today would have gone better.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

January 29th, 2013, 08:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really sorry it didn't go better . Are you waiting until the birth to find out the baby's gender? I can't remember...

January 29th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Yes, we are waiting to find out.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

January 30th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sending you lots of hugs. I wanted to add that with the work I do I see all the worst outcomes in pg. You will not have a negative experience. It is super rare. I speak with L&D nurses who practiced for 20+ years and never had a patient pass. You and your child will have a great July.

January 30th, 2013, 04:33 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awful, there have been a few people here that say that the us tech does not have the screen towards them, what the heck? Where I have went, the screen is mounted on the wall in front of me and it is right out there in the open, easy to see. I don't understand why they don't realize that the mother would want to watch!!

I am sorry your mother said that to you, that is not the thing to say to someone who is pregnant!! Ugh!

January 30th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm so sorry that it didn't go well. You would think any sonographer in the OB field would be a little more understanding that it isn't just about them getting their measurements but that you get to see your baby again.

January 30th, 2013, 05:59 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh thats disappointing. Im sorry.
January 30th, 2013, 09:14 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs hun! I hope that the next u/s is better. I had to block a few people from my wall last pregnancy because of their negativity.

January 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Thank you all so much, you're the best. I'm feeling a lot better today.

Except photobucket is ticking me off. I uploaded the pictures and edited them last night, now trying to post them they are coming up in the preview as the original scans and not the cropped version I see on PB website. Any guess what I'm doing wrong?

January 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Lots of hugs coming your way.

As for PB ... not even sure. I stopped using their site a few years back because it was a constant hassle.
January 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope your next u/s is much better!
January 31st, 2013, 06:47 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry your ultrasound was so disappointing Glad your feeling a bit better about it now though!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 31st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran
I don't know why people do that! My mother did the same thing to me and told me a tragic story about my dads cousin who never did get to have children. This was when I was preg with my first son but I'd had two m/c before that. She didn't mean anything by it, to her it was casual conversation. But I was a wreck my whole 1st pregnancy because of my two prior losses and I certainly didn't need that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search