Birth Anouncements

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CptStargel
  • 1 Post By Surrounded

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Super Mommy
Do any of you plan to, or for the ladies who have delivered, or have you sent out birth announcements? We didn't with our last 2 but I have been feling extra crafty lately (plus I had gift cards) so I stopped by Joann fabrics and got some card making supplies. I only got a 12 pack and we will keep 1 for ourselves. My dh likes to try to send cards to everyone he ever met so by making them myself it forces a limit. I'll have to set up a photo bucket account so I can show pictures of the announcements when I make them.
January 30th, 2013, 06:13 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did with our first and might with this one. I haven't thought about it! Lol I ordered DD's on the Walmart photo site though.

BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 30th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did not wiith the first, did with the second and I will probably with this one. I just order and print through Sam's club online. Cheap and easy.
DD2:4
DS: 2
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
January 30th, 2013, 06:32 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just do a FB announcement. That way no one can complain they didn't get one and our families are too big to send one to everyone. Christmas cards turned out to be a bad idea after I got several emails from family complaining they didn't get one. Sorry people! DH and I can't afford that many!
Surrounded likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

January 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never have. I also just do the FB announcement. The ones I've seen are always super cute though.

January 30th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptStargel View Post
That way no one can complain they didn't get one and our families are too big to send one to everyone. Christmas cards turned out to be a bad idea after I got several emails from family complaining they didn't get one. Sorry people! DH and I can't afford that many!
That is the reason we don't do the. We wouldn't have people complain to us they didn't get one but my dh wants to send them to every relation he has plus the people his parents have known for years whether he knows them or just knows of them. We can't do that many cards! The postage would bankrupt us! Plus, his mother expects us to send her a list of everyone we send to so she can tell us who we missed. Therefore, we have not sent out cards at all for anything. That is why I am making them. There is a forced limit! If anyone else wants more cards sent they can do them themselves.
CptStargel likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Regular
I will be but only as my sister in law is a photographer so has allready designed the cards and will be coming up to the hospital once she is born to take a photo. I just have to put a list together and she is going to send them all out for us ��
Otherwise I would probably just do the fb announcement
January 31st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Super Mommy
I did for Shelby only because this time around we dont live near any family. I did mine through walmart as they were the cheapest.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

January 31st, 2013, 03:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't for dd1 buy think I may for this little one. I had bleeding early on and it scared the bejeezus out of me that we would mmiscarry and then I announced it on fb but I feel like I've not made as big of a fuss about her as I did with dd1. No idea who I'm getting them through though.
January 31st, 2013, 05:19 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I didn't with my son , but I was thinking about maybe doing it this time
January 31st, 2013, 06:48 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am older -- or perhaps just old fashioned -- so I will definitely be sending out traditional printed announcements. I have yet to decide whether I'll be constructing them (block print is the idea right now) with the assistance of my sister when she's here after the baby arrives or designing them but having them professionally printed. They will go out to a slew of people -- many family friends, relatives etc. Although you are right, it certainly gets expensive, it's just something that is important to us, . (Well, to me, DH wasn't raised with any sense of social grace or customs, so the concept of announcements would never have come up.) We also have a long "B-list" and those people will get a pdf email of announcement, just to cut back a little on the expense. I'm actually thinking of keeping it off Facebook, but I'm undecided on that at the moment.
January 31st, 2013, 07:18 AM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
We've done them for each child, so we'll do one with this baby too. I'll create them myself and then print them out at my photo lab. I will only be sending them to good friends and immediate family this time. We never get Christmas cards anymore and I do custom greeting cards for our families and friends so now I'm only going to send them out to a few people.
January 31st, 2013, 08:32 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
We did! Everyone loves getting cards in the mail that isn't a bill! haha
I found some on clearance at target. I didn't have the right sized picture so on the picture slot I put a cut out of her foot on it instead. So they got her little foot print and then I just stuck the picture inside They loved it. I hope I have the time/patience to do it again. But I haven't bought the announcements.

January 31st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hokie Nicole's Avatar Super Mommy
I am thinking a cute FB announcment and then I got a bunch of free cards from one of those photo sites that I can use up for this. I am really looking forward to it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search