Birthing playlist?

Forum: 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 04:36 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Is anyone else making up a little playlist to listen to during labor and delivery? What songs are you going to listen to? I'm looking for ideas, so share!

My Boring Blog
February 1st, 2013, 06:12 AM
Brock's minion
So funny that you mentioned that. My husband has been working on this birthing playlist for about two weeks. He thinks its his part and I think it's adorable. Mine has lots of Bruce Springsteen, Mumsford and Black Keys so far oh and some AC/DC because when the baby hears it he goes bonkers!!
Purrrrrrr likes this.

Michelle
February 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I don't know if I am in the majority, but mine has to be very upbeat and energetic music. It actually puts me in a good mood and helps me keep my energy up. I LOVE 80s dance-type music for keeping my spirits up. Who can be in pain while listening to "Walking on Sunshine?" Lol. I do have it categorized in case I want something a little more soothing. But I never did with either boy.

Mine is just a combination of music I really like right now, all upbeat. My mom is an aerboics instructor, so she has tons of upbeat music on her computer. I need to put it on my MP3 so I have some options. I still have Liams and Kierans, so some will be repeats, but some are newer music that has come out since then.

Ill post some that I choose when I get to her house to do it.
Sweet_Mama likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 07:08 AM
Super Mommy
Enya is amazing and so relaxing. My midwives recommended Enya music with my DD. But I was never interested in taking anything with me to the L&D room-- all I was thinking about the last few months was the baby coming out of my vajayjay
February 1st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never used music during a birth before. My mom said she would bring some cds so i could use them if i wanted to.
February 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Omg!!
I had no idea this was a thing.

Im totally doing this!!

Anything to block out my mother l

Before I got pregnant (yearsbefore) I always told her I didnt want her in the delivery room. If she tells me how to drive at age 22 theres a big chance she will tell me how to give birth. Lol
Purrrrrrr likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
Omg!!
I had no idea this was a thing.

Im totally doing this!!

Anything to block out my mother l

Before I got pregnant (yearsbefore) I always told her I didnt want her in the delivery room. If she tells me how to drive at age 22 theres a big chance she will tell me how to give birth. Lol
Tee Cee- that cracked me up!
I think Enya would give me a headache.
TeeCee likes this.

Michelle
February 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be making a couple of playlists, some upbeat, fun favorites, and a soothing and relaxing playlist.

I think the relaxing music will include some instrumentals, (think non-gong spa music... so long as there isn't the occasional symbol, I'm good!)

February 1st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbowbin View Post
Tee Cee- that cracked me up!
I think Enya would give me a headache.
Haha
Its the truth. Im sure my mom will do all the crying to be honest.
She was beyond amazed as I showed her how the baby progresses in the 9 months and how the baby kicks. She has four kids and some how she still gets emotional if I mention "baby"
February 1st, 2013, 11:13 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be working on this soon! Sounds like I'll need a couple options. No idea which genre I'll want during delivery!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search